Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great British Bake Off 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just watched it there.
    Hermine was robbed of a handshake.
    And they are all living together in a bubble so Paul could have 100% given it out. (Was gonna day give her one but he would only do that to lottie :pac: )

You eat the lemon. You can see them eating it in the demo..still the most unappetising thing ive seen in a while

I liked marc but he deffo wasnt gonna win. Peter was lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I actually have no clue who is going to win. If Laura can improve her presentation skills, she might be in with a shout because her flavours tend to get highly praised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

People keep saying Peter was lucky but if Mark had gotten through I think he’d have been luckier.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    People keep saying Peter was lucky but if Mark had gotten through I think he’d have been luckier.

I think the point is that Peter did terribly and was lucky that somebody did even more terribly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Just watched it there.
    And they are all living together in a bubble so Paul could have 100% given it out. (Was gonna day give her one but he would only do that to lottie :pac: )

You eat the lemon. You can see them eating it in the demo..still the most unappetising thing ive seen in a while

Paul has been very stingy with his handshakes this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I actually have no clue who is going to win. If Laura can improve her presentation skills, she might be in with a shout because her flavours tend to get highly praised.

Seemingly Laura was an old neighbour of mine. Mum's from my sons school told me. She's extremely nice in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think the point is that Peter did terribly and was lucky that somebody did even more terribly.

No, I understand, it’s just I do think he’s better than Mark and it’s not unheard of for people to mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ahhhhh, Jools was absolutely brilliant doing his accompaniments to various scenes!

I've been meaning to post this for weeks, but does anyone else think that the presentation cakes for the voted-out bakers have got fierce disappointing lately?

I remember them as being all very unique and really tailored to the individuals - nowadays they're mostly the base cake, the blue workbench, and a few fondant bits on top...... still very impressive, don't get me wrong, and maybe I'm remembering the earlier ones wrong..... but these days they're all just a bit formulaic??

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I really like everyone that's left. I still have mixed feelings on Dave though I've softened on him since the beginning. They do all seem genuinely sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I really like everyone that's left. I still have mixed feelings on Dave though I've softened on him since the beginning. They do all seem genuinely sound.

Dave just seems a small bit socially awkward. Think he comes across more intense than what he means to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've been meaning to post this for weeks, but does anyone else think that the presentation cakes for the voted-out bakers have got fierce disappointing lately?

I remember them as being all very unique and really tailored to the individuals - nowadays they're mostly the base cake, the blue workbench, and a few fondant bits on top...... still very impressive, don't get me wrong, and maybe I'm remembering the earlier ones wrong..... but these days they're all just a bit formulaic??

They seem to be missing the likeness a little bit lately. Some of the cakes in the past were astoundingly accurate to the baker. That's the only real difference I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Just watched it there.

I was waiting for Hermine's hand shake, I can't remember what Lottie got it for but it couldnt have been as good as waht Hermine did! I liked Mark, I would say Peter will take it now, can see Dave cracking under the pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Just caught up today, they definitely underestimated the time for the technical. They were all under baked I'd imagine they needed another hour to do it justice, we might have seen a very different pudding then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

cant imagine eating that stuff with a half melted lemon in the middle was nice

i dont really like dave as much as the others, i think hermine or peter will win
    laura always seems to be freaking out and droping half her cakes then getting like star baker. she seems very nice though. they all do in fairness

I’m going to make my prediction for who will be finalists.

Hermine, Peter and... Laura.

I have a feeling if Laura can match her presentation skills to her flavours, she’ll get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Still in the freezer after time is up ...????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Tssss! I'm waiting for my husband to come back to dive into it [Opera cake] :D

sL1hCzp.jpg

Those horn things are just bizarre looking!

Why are they all melting the chocolate in the microwave and not in a bowl over hot water? :confused:

I'm not sure how behind I am (not much I don't think) - but holy God, Hermine, don't throw it away now :eek:

Clever Peter, with his large cake to cut up, rather than trying to get little ones out of moulds ;)

I don't think I've ever successfully got anything - even ice cubes - out of silicone moulds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You wouldn't think this is a semi final

Hermine looks like she'll murder someone.

I'd say that could be Laura gone......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I’m going to make my prediction for who will be finalists.

Hermine, Peter and... Laura.

I have a feeling if Laura can match her presentation skills to her flavours, she’ll get to the final.

This guess has aged poorly! Her showstopper was like a dirty protest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭appledrop

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You wouldn't think this is a semi final

Yep I agree. Very poor standard overall + showstopper is crap.

I know Hermine messed up today but really its her 1st bad week.

Meanwhile Laura has been in bottom 2, 3 out of last 4 weeks.

Its time for her to go. Very unfair if its Hermine.

appledrop wrote: »
    Yep I agree. Very poor standard overall + showstopper is crap.
    There's literally not a single bake in this series that sticks in my mind (in a good way).

Maybe it's that it was all concertina-ed into a shorter time frame so their practices were curtailed, but I thought the standard was shockingly low this year.

Dave's cakes looked so dull. Booooooring.

Laura's mirror glaze had so much potential, I feel so sorry for her!

Sounding like Hermine could go.

Fair play to Noel for standing up for her + saying how many times have we said Laura has to save herself from bottom, 5 times?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I've never been as mad at the Bake Off :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm actually happy for Dave, he seemed more humble this week than at any time previously. Hoping Peter will win overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Lads did well this week, fair play to them, kinda delighted for wee Peter.

Disappointed they sent Hermine home, one bad week. Laura is incredibly lucky. :eek:

Advertisement