Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

By the amount of traffic on the roads around me, there's a lot of people still working/shopping/driving around in 5km diameter circles

I went for a walk earlier and found the same. I didn't think the public buy in would be as good this time around, but I was still surprised by the amount of people around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

traffic going into the office this morning was as bad as it has been the last few weeks, no real change at all. Suspect it'll actually get heavier as the capacity on public transport has reduced which will force more people into cars. great fun:(
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Similarly, certainly didn't see any reduction in traffic this morning when dropping kids off. That was local as well so not really a public transport issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hours going back the weekend and my christ its grim thinking about it

I do like the early evenings but the fact is we were in lockdown when the clocks went forward last March and now were in lockdown when there going back :(:(:(

Really hope we go to a less restrictive level for Dec/christmas. Let pubs open like before with the booking/time limit etc, let people visit family/friends and FFS government leave us live

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the fact is we were in lockdown when the clocks went forward last March and now were in lockdown when there going back :(:(:(
    That is grim!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So I’m just back from the weekly shop and as I’m off next week my Christmas press is quite full.

As lockdown has ruined pretty much all of my Plans for the week off, we have decided to spend the week eating drinking and be Merry.

I can work it all off at a later stage. But for now it’s time to enjoy the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just back from Woodies, all their Christmas stuff is on display and whilst I tooled blocked off it wasn't. 50% off their prices already which brings them down to near normal.

Smyths toys was also open - presumably click and collect only.

Harvey Norman open too, didn't go in but believe it's only their electrical department.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm a three customer and I occasional get money off vouchers
    I've a €10 off for TheHealthstore.ie and it expires on the 31st of October.

If anybody wants it send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Friday! Bank holiday weekend and Christmas 24 is back this week so lots to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Friday Elves

Heartbroken for the little ones that Halloween Fancy dress in school today effected by the sanitizer fiasco :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

SarahLil wrote: »
    Happy Friday Elves

Heartbroken for the little ones that Halloween Fancy dress in school today effected by the sanitizer fiasco :mad:

Sadly our school for the elves is the same but I know from our family WhatsApp that many of the other Primary Schools have allowed it to happen:confused: Seems a strange rule to apply:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

SarahLil wrote: »
    Happy Friday Elves

Why dont they just use normal soap/handwash? We were told at the start of this that soap is more effective then handwash to kill covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

122135251_10159005612418724_6795290704505434226_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2HP_XsGUsSUAX-cB-U0&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=04e5f7492ff619378349fc7e1893b9e5&oe=5FB707C8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got my ring doorbell installed today. Have creepy Halloween chime on it at the moment but so excited for the Christmas ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

All our Elves got to dress up today. They were so excited picking their costumes last night and so proud showing them off this morning. Was a nice bit of normality and great to see them enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭tscul32

Our school messaged that they've been pushing hand washing over sanitising so no worries about coming in.

Caranica wrote: »
    Got my ring doorbell installed today. Have creepy Halloween chime on it at the moment but so excited for the Christmas ones :D

Nest? They are pretty cool.

Aldi have announced their hours the week of Christmas (not sure why such notice) will be 8am till 11pm.

Aldi have announced their hours the week of Christmas (not sure why such notice) will be 8am till 11pm.

Generally they have their Christmas hours in the food book that they bring out in early November!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Tempted to get one of these:D Can I ask how much and who installed if its not to cheeky:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I had an appointment this afternoon so I was out and about at school time it was so nice to see all the kids leaving school dressed up it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Happy bank holiday Friday, everyone!
    Kids had a brilliant day in school dressed up for Halloween. It was so nice to see that little crumb of normality today.
    We got some food from the Port House delivered today so we're going to tuck into that when the kids are in bed.
    Just over a week to go until my official Christmas season starts. :D

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Tempted to get one of these:D Can I ask how much and who installed if its not to cheeky:o

I got mine from Ring.com directly, €119 including the chime. From memory at the time it was £89.99 on Amazon and the chime was £29.99. Amazon had the same ones on Prime Day for £58.99 so might happen again on Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.

Had someone over to do a few small repairs and he installed it. I opted to wire it to the mains but you can run it off the rechargeable battery, they say it can last 6 months but I didn't want the hassle of taking it on and off.

Had to get a corner fitting for it as there's a wall to the left of the door, that was a nightmare as sold out in Europe so got from Amazon in the US. Cost about $21 then paid Addresspal €15.99 to ship it. That meant the total was over €22 so I had to pay €6.10 VAT but €10 to An Post to collect it meaning I gave An Post €25.99!!

But anyway it's up and running and I feel a lot safer having it. Also means I don't have to get out of bed for couriers/the postman :D

Last day before the clocks go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Last day before the clocks go back!

Yep extra hour in bed tomorrow! And darker evenings too!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm always shellshocked the Tuesday after the October bank holiday when I leave work and it's dark!

Posy wrote: »
    I'm always shellshocked the Tuesday after the October bank holiday when I leave work and it's dark!

I’m always shocked at how long the Sunday feels when the clocks go back!

I always thought the clocks should go back on a Sunday night to make Monday a little easier, and forward on a Friday night so you'd have the full weekend to get over it!

I always thought the clocks should go back on a Sunday night to make Monday a little easier, and forward on a Friday night so you'd have the full weekend to get over it!

That makes so much sense, I'll sign the petition :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just found out I have to have emergency surgery with six weeks recoup next week....fecking delighted I was organised and Christmas Santa was done....now to make sure I don’t go mad online shopping from Boredom......but I will :) I’ll miss work as I was one of those essential workers allowed out to meet other people at work for sanity ��

Advertisement