Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm hard pushed to find something positive about it, but if I have to... more room for presents?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Not yet but have seen the multiple bag packs on special, depends on how many you need....

I'll have to hold on so, if I'm going to the post office I'm as well to send a decent amount of tayto. I also want to include an irish-y themed tree bauble in each package so we will probably see them in the shops after Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just noticed Dunnes have a few bits on their website. A few candle holders and kids pjs. Can't wait to see their Christmas stock this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Looks like there is a push to shop early as if the toy shops are closed then imports will be affected also too resulting in shortages. Ditto for the Uk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like there is a push to shop early as if the toy shops are closed then imports will be affected also too resulting in shortages. Ditto for the Uk.

How will imports be affected, supply chain will stay open regardless of what level we'll be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not yet but have seen the multiple bag packs on special, depends on how many you need....

They don't have the protection the boxes have for posting :D

When I was in college in Wales in the 90s I used to get Taytos in the post from home. I'd have to eat them with a spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

jellybear wrote: »
    Just noticed Dunnes have a few bits on their website. A few candle holders and kids pjs. Can't wait to see their Christmas stock this year :)

They had adult versions of their Leigh Tucker kids' pjs a few weeks ago but they've removed them from the site. My sister gave them to me for my birthday. They're lovely and soft and have Irish Christmas greetings on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

OH got family matching Christmas PJ from Pennys. Said it was crazy over there. Mine are X large :( she tried to make me feel better by saying penny's sizes are small!!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    OH got family matching Christmas PJ from Pennys. Said it was crazy over there. Mine are X large :( she tried to make me feel better by saying penny's sizes are small!!!

They're tiny TRS30, plus everyone likes pjs at least one size too big...they're more comfy ;)

They had adult versions of their Leigh Tucker kids' pjs a few weeks ago but they've removed them from the site. My sister gave them to me for my birthday. They're lovely and soft and have Irish Christmas greetings on them.

I saw them actually, they were fab! Hopefully we won't be waiting too long to see the full Christmas range :)
    My husband keeps asking about matching pjs and sending me links...I'm 99% sure he's messing but part of me wants to get them just to annoy him :D

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    They're tiny TRS30, plus everyone likes pjs at least one size too big...they're more comfy ;)

So i'm really a medium is what you are saying :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So i'm really a medium is what you are saying :)

Think of it as Extra Medium.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I think these are new to Dunnes this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

There's a company called the paddy box on instagram.they are a little expensive but next day /2 day delivery for all the Irish goodies for those abroad. I got one for my brother in the height of Corona Lockdown and it was really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Just back from the electrical wholesalers I needed some bulbs for my mams house, got extras to keep it well lite up for her, our electrician put me onto them last year and the bulbs haven't even went yet that he put in, anyway its 10 minutes from my house it took me an hour, the guy said people are ringing non stop asking are they open tomorrow as far as they are concerned they are

TRS30 thats great the Penneys Christmas pjs ticked off the list, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without them :). Penneys are tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i'm disgusted with the government putting us in another lockdown. No way will they lift restrictions in 6 weeks time

The GAA and other sports been on brighten the doom and gloom a bit

They need too announce something to entice us so we can have a decent christmas.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i'm disgusted with the government putting us in another lockdown. No way will they lift restrictions in 6 weeks time

The GAA and other sports been on brighten the doom and gloom a bit

They need too announce something to entice us so we can have a decent christmas.

While I don’t necessarily agree with it myself what else can they do. With cases over 1,000 a day it won’t be long before the hospitals are over ran. And then the problem becomes much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ok, from what I am reading six weeks of level five which will bring us into the 2nd of December. Then we'll go back to some form of level 3 for three weeks until the 23rd of December and then hopefully yo level 2 from the 23rd of December which will allow people go home for Christmas providing everything
    is going according to plan!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just back from.home store and more, who knew they are plen till 9pm.every weeknight.

Anyway they have most Christmas stock in, unfortunately only 7ft and 7.5ft trees :(

Signage up says half price but guy in store said thats not till November he also said of they are allowed to stay like last time its only their DIY sections....

All I got to say is poor staff working in smyths stores tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, this isn't essential but will towns and cities be put up their Christmas lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So, this isn't essential but will towns and cities be put up their Christmas lights?

It would be nice if they did. Grafton street Dublin is with in 5 KM for me. So I can go by there, when I go for a walk.

The forum has been so busy, it's taken me ages to catch up :D

I don't think it comes under essential services, but I'm sure it'll be allowed go ahead, tell them I said it's ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I've just looked through the Christmas tree thread to cheer myself up and all the trees are so co,y and beautiful.
    I usually put the tree up mid Decemberbut last year I said I would do it earlier as it takes sooo long to decorate.
    I see people saying they put the tree up / decorate the night of the toy show and it amazed me that it's possible to this in an evening. It takes me hours just to assemble and 'fluff' out the tree. Can I ask how long does it take everyone to decorate the tree and house? It takes me the guts of a week to fully finish decorating the house inc tree. Now that's usually evenings only, but a full evening and night goes to just putting the lights on!

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I've just looked through the Christmas tree thread to cheer myself up and all the trees are so co,y and beautiful.
    I usually put the tree up mid Decemberbut last year I said I would do it earlier as it takes sooo long to decorate.
    I see people saying they put the tree up / decorate the night of the toy show and it amazed me that it's possible to this in an evening. It takes me hours just to assemble and 'fluff' out the tree. Can I ask how long does it take everyone to decorate the tree and house? It takes me the guts of a week to fully finish decorating the house inc tree. Now that's usually evenings only, but a full evening and night goes to just putting the lights on!

I usually book the day of the toy show off work and do it all then.

I use the night before to prep take everything down from the attic, etc.

Friday then I get up for 9am and keep going until it's all done. Usually takes me up to 7 or 8pm. I then have a shower order a takeaway into Christmas PJs and I'm set to enjoy my first full Christmas night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

wes wrote: »
    It would be nice if they did. Grafton street Dublin is with in 5 KM for me. So I can go by there, when I go for a walk.

I'm based in D2 for work so will be taking a stroll at lunchtime to check them out when they do go up & are lit.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dave Moore from Today FM put a picture of lights in Dublin city on his Insta stories this morning. Not lit obviously. I think they’re putting lights up but not on every street and they’re getting rid of the Grafton Quarter sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Mutleyboo wrote: »

Me too it takes me a good few days, with getting the tree down and decorating the tree only and my over mantle garland would be one whole day
    Then the front hall table, my stairs with tinsel and lights, dressing my kitchen too and over my kitchen presses I attach a garland with lights plus decorate that too

Then I clean and tidy the house so it looks all cosy

I love that term fluff the tree, I do that too,

I give myself a fortnight off after all of the above then do it all again in my mams house :)

The forum has been so busy, it's taken me ages to catch up :D

Meant to say yesterday that when I logged on first thing after not being on since Thursday evening, was 18 bold threads! Nearly the whole of page 1 :eek:

• Advertisement

Meant to say yesterday that when I logged on first thing after not being on since Thursday evening, was 18 bold threads! Nearly the whole of page 1 :eek:

It's genuinely the busiest I've ever seen the forum.

Advertisement