Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Sunny and warm start here. Weather has been unpredictable lately. Some serious heavy showers yesterday.

Was out last night catching up for a few people I haven't seen in ages so ended up drinking a bit more then planed, feeling it this morning. Roll on 5pm!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Morning all! The weekend was to be a washout here but after some biblical rain showers yesterday morning it cleared up and we venturedo ut for the afternoon with some friends who were visiting. We even saw a bit of sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yesterday morning was a washout but by afternoon it had stopped and only had one or two showers, went for a Sunday drive and ended up at a drive in bingo, no money but it was enjoyable 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭tscul32

Today I am thankful for dry feet🧦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

You might not be so lucky today, it's like an October morning out there

• Advertisement

Morning all

Horrible start here, lashing and windy. Dropped the kids straight to school as they usual walk up from their breakfast club, is not far however would have got soaked.

Crawled into bed at 9pm last night and slept straight through. Not able for this drinking lark anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

It is like Winter outside this morning, very wet and windy in Dublin anyway. Maybe our summer will start in July?? I've noticed a lot of shops having their summer sales already, I assume that's down to the weather. No-one needs t-shirts and shorts for that weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope so, @pigtail33. 🤞

It's been a horrible few days- we've had nothing decent since the very start of the month!

A lot of people seem to be staying at home, or waiting until later in the year to take holidays too, with all the airport chaos. I've a couple weeks off in mid August, but I've planned nothing yet with all the current madness!

Sun shining here now! Warm and blustery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Seeing as this is all the way back from the May bank holiday I am a bit late to the party but I’ve been getting non stop Christmas feels for the past week. That I had to make time to come on here and post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That is great news!!! So happy for you!

When are ye due? It honestly is the best ever. The first few months are rough going I’m not going to lie. But when they start sleeping and smiling and laughing it’s all worth it.

Bk5 is right. I was so worried my Christmas spirit was gone this year as I wasn’t feeling anything but stress and being busy but now I’m definitely getting that Christmas feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Good to have you back @Loughc place isn't the same without you 👍

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Its back!!!! My son just tested positive for covid... ffs!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Completely agree with this and what others have echoed all I want for Christmas is a hippopotamus and Dolly Parton were played to death to the point I turned off ChristmasFM for a good portion of the day.

Seems to be a lot of this going around this year. Is this the mad storm after the covid calm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Thanks very much. Due in October so baby will only be a few weeks old at Christmas. We've already picked out some Christmas outfits ha. It's scary but a good scary thought of having a child. Booked my time off from work the other day. Decided as it's the first Christmas as a parent I wanted it to be special so I'm now finished up the start of December until January.

Looks like it is. Numbers on the rise in general and hearing a lot of people I know/work who are getting it again.

As we are less than 2 weeks from our hols, am afraid to even test any of us at this stage!!!

Morning all

Dry here at the minute however rain supposedly on the way.

Elf 1 & 2 last day of school today so taking the afternoon off and going to bring them out as a treat. Both got great school reports so they deserve it. Was going to be ice cream however looking more like Micky D's now!

To be fair we wouldnt even have tested him only he had what we thought was a 24 hour bug over the weekend (vomiting, temperature, fatigue) but the Mrs read somewhere that vomiting was a current symptom for children, lo & behold positive. Whats a bigger concern now is that I've woken this morning with the mother of a head cold, sinuses on fore, head pounding and whilst I tested negative I know that could change in 24 hours... we have family coming to stay with us in a couple of weeks so covid ripping through the house would be perfect timing to mess that up!

• Advertisement

Aw no @DvB it is a nightmare! It'd definitely on the rise again - an absolute curse of a yoke! Hope your son isn't feeling too poorly & hopefully your cold is just a cold!

Welcome back @Loughc!

Heading to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers later - really looking forward to it and hoping the weather holds for it! Have my waterproofs packed just in case though - a clear sign of my age lol, 20 year old me would not have batted an eyelid at getting drowned at a concert.

@DvB fingers crossed you continue to come back negative.

@CheerLouth enjoy the RHCP, one of my favorite bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I was at Green Day on Monday and what a concert. It was incredible. I didn't experience the queuing pain that most did, I walked on in.

Transport was a problem though. I couldn't get a 16 bus or taxi from town, so I had to get a Luas and walk. Similar coming back, I got a Luas into town, buses were to full to stop and taxis were difficult. I got one in the end though.

Enjoy, but ideally have transport sorted.

Thanks - I'm hearing that getting in and out is a nightmare! We are on a private bus so hopefully should have no transport issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi all. Woke up with a nightmare of a headache today - definitely not a hangover, OH says it could be a side effect from the vaccine i had a few days ago as I am totally exhausted. I just hope that I haven't picked up covid again. Will do a test tomorrow if I'm no better. Welcome back @Loughc, it's good to see you posting here again. @DvB - really sorry to hear that covid is back in your house again - hope you can avoid it. Enjoy the concert @CheerLouth 😀. Dull, rainy day here again - summer my eye 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭tscul32

DvB - awful that covid is back with ye. The OH did a test earlier cos he got an email warning that 6 people from the company bbq last week are now positive. Thankfully it was negative cos we're off on hols on Saturday. Travelling by ferry so no worries about airport and flight issues.

Loughc - welcome back. Can't believe your lad is already 7 months, time really is flying.

Lashing, dull and chilly here. More autumn then summer!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd be pleased with a day like this... if it was mid October, not late June! 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Bought first Christmas present today :)

Just a stocking filler via the White Company sale for herself but it's the start lol. Between the revolut vault I've set up and buying the odd present from mid year onwards for family etc I find it helps to spread the cost.

• Advertisement

Morning all

Yet another wet and dull start here, summer 2022 has been a real let down so far!

At least it's Thursday already so the weekend is firmly in view.

Advertisement