Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've deleted that comment. No lottery wins for anyone else, Cork Lass and myself are taking it all. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great weekend for a wedding. Hope all well went @jellybear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yes, weather was fab and we all had a great day! It was my little boy's first big event and we was as good as gold...so proud of him! Naíonra also went very well today, he didn't want to leave!!!, so a great few days altogether 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

As @TRS30 said, it was a fantastic weekend for a wedding. A colleague of mine got married in Dublin on Saturday - would be a scream if it was the same wedding. Exciting times ahead for you if he's starting preschool in Sept 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Where did the sunshine go? Can feel the chill in the air today.

Had a quiet weekend, watched the Leinster match - that hurt! Now just trying to plan what to do to the house. But I don't want to start anything until the one we tried to buy is definitely sold as it fell through 3 times already and I'm not investing in upgrades until that one is completely off the cards. Unfortunately I'm not very patient and the wait is doing my head in.

• Advertisement

Awh wasn't in Dublin unfortunately, it was in Kilkenny 😀

Yep, he's starting preschool and baby 2 will be arriving in early August so it'll be a busy month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭BK5

I thought yesterday evening was like a winters evening, def chill in the air. Hope everything works out for you on the house front @tscul32 .

Morning all

Back to a nice bright start here.

Still think Tuesday or worse then Mondays! Mondays always seem to fly by while Tuesday can drag abit. At least we have a long weekend to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning All,

Had a very busy Monday so didn't get to check in yesterday. Glad all had a good weekend. We had a family communion party on Sunday which was lovely! First time we've had a proper shindig with extended family in a loooong time - it was lovely to catch up with everyone! Weather played ball too!

Nice start to the day here but not sure if it will stay that way!

Yea, start to get very dark here. Just checked and says rain all afternoon :(

• Advertisement

Just so long as we get something decent for the bank holiday, fingers crossed! 🤞

Absolutely, last weekend was great, could be outside all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭DvB

On my way back from westport, rain is chasing me all the way home.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Lashing here now as well. Chalk & cheese weather wise from this morning to afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭BK5

I heard the weekend is forecast to be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hard to belive tomorrow is the first of June already guys.

I know, first 5 months have gone in a flash. Days will be getting shorter in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Down with that sort of talk 😋 I'm not ready to think of darker evenings yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭DvB

@TRS30 lets not dampen the spirits now 😉 looking forward to plenty more long bright evenings & mornings too. Sure beats driving into & home from work in the middle of the night!

Into the middle 2 months all the same, that has gone by so quickly its hard to believe. If the next 5 go that fast it'll be adverts time before we know it!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

My bad, was more the shock that we have got here so quickly!

I love the long summer evenings as much as anyone. Giving the back garden a make over so looking forward to lots of nice sunny summer evenings out BBQ'ing.

• Advertisement

@TRS30 I love the darker evenings so I didn't mind your post 🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The weather here was shociking yesterday as well, a lot of rain. However today is looking better and more importantly Saturday is forecast to be dry and sunny - we're going to the Wild Roots festival for the day so the drier the better!

Morning all

Another beautiful start here however rain forecast for late afternoon/evening. Must try to get out at lunchtime for a walk and take advantage.

Thursday already and long weekend on the horizon.

Yes, it's a lovely morning- much easier to get out of bed when it's bright and sunny! 🌞

I've had an uncharacteristically productive morning, already done a big Boots shop and treated myself to a McDonalds pancakes and syrup breakfast before work. Roll on the long weekend, I'm glad I don't work in the airport. 😂

You're making me feel like a sloth for only sitting at my desk and working!!

Hopefully all goes Ok up there, a feel for the poor people with kids who are queuing for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Heading out there soon for my flight to Edinburgh - flights at 19.35. Have checked in online but have a bag to drop off so have to allow the extra time for that alongside the 2 and a half hours. I’m actually more anxious about whether my bag will arrive on the other side than the queues.

Best of luck @gidget- hopefully you wouldn't be queuing too long and you (and your bag) have a safe trip. Enjoy Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Would love to be heading away @gidget. Edinburgh is a lovely city, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Enjoy your weekend gidget - Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

That went quite smoothly - bag checked in & through security within 30 mins. I did notice a group of staff at check-in with an instructor looked like they were preparing & going over instructions for tomorrow onwards & a lot of guys directing traffic at the set down stops also.

Advertisement