Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I'm sure you'll have a great time and at least you'll all be together, which is one of the main things about Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭BK5

Don't know if the lousy couple of days weather wise we've been having but I'm feeling a bit Christmassy today, even had Christmas FM Classical on when I was cooking the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉

Morning all

Another bright sunny start here, suppose to get up to 17 degrees today as well.

Can see the weekend on the horizon.

Have a good day guys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's a lovely day now, I hope we get a bit of sun for the weekend now too!!

• Advertisement

Lets hope so. Always use to bug me when the weather was nice Mon-Fri and then bad at the weekend 😡

Does it not bug you now? 😁

Haha, actually not as much as since I've been WFH I can often get out more and take advantage of the weather if its good during the week.

Morning all

Happy Friday, another week nearly done!

Started nice here however starting to drizzle now and rain forcast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Happy Friday 😊

The weeks really are flying in, hard to believe we're nearly at the end of May.

Looks like today's weather is following the usual formula, cloudy and wet during the day, then brightening up for the evening. I'd much rather that than the other way around though.

• Advertisement

Turned wet here now, at least the farmers will be happy 😂

This has been a rough week, I'm having McDonalds for lunch for the second time in four days! 🙃

Happy Friday everyone and hope you all have a great weekend!!

20 weeks done already this year 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'll be a damn sight happier when we get this monster tender pack issued (already accepting an addendum will need to be issued next week, which means more changes!! = more work!!) but am delighted that once I leave here at whatever time this evening I wont be going anywhere near anything work related until Monday & with us invited in to our neighbours tomorrow who are having a party for their daughters communion I intend to kick back & relax a tad... with beer!

Hope everyone has a decent weekend of it anyway... not long until we're into the 20's in the weekly countdown and the 100's on the daily one either!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sounds like we are all hanging on for the weekend!

Have a good one guys.

Didn't finish up until nearer 6 than 5, but still- woohoo! 😁

Getting a Chinese in about an hour, does everyone get a take away on a Friday evening here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Always, but I try to go gym before hand to somehow negate it 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

We're more of a midweek takeaway house....Tuesday's mainly! Find it harder to motivate myself to cook then for some reason. Also, our Dominos' code only works Mon-Thurs 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Saturday would normally be our takeaway night. Breakfast in town on Saturday morning, something very small at lunch and then a takeaway in the evening - happy days.

• Advertisement

I don't get a weekly takeaway at all. 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I used to do it nearly 20years ago, but now the kids are older we can't get away with it. And last family Indian takeaway was nearly €80 so definitely not a weekly occurence. Have told the boys we'll hit McDonalds tomorrow though as OH will be out and he's not a fan. He also usually cooks on Saturdays and I don't fancy having to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yeah they have got very expensive weekly. Our weekly Chinese for 5 adults is €60. It was <€40 a few years back.

Not massive takeaway house however when we do is usually a Sat, especially if we have been out all day and neither of us feel like cooking.

He doesn't... like... McDonalds?! Is it too late for you to start seeing other people? 😂

My local Chinese has gone up at least a euro or so per meal. I don't get Indian (drool) too often but I find it a lot more expensive! My regular one send 15% off codes from time to time, and it makes it a lot more reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Indian is significantly more expensive, but worth it imo.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Oh definitely. It's so fresh and flavoursome and just generally delicious!

Plus I can never get enough poppadoms. 😋

Myself and the wife back from a lovely dinner and a couple of drinks, this can't happen every week alright. Between a take away on Friday and dinner out today over a 100 smackers gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

We got sushi last night. I work a normal hours job but my boyfriend can be in any day so we never have a concrete takeaway day. It's definitely the most expensive take away we get ,easily 60 euro, but we never feel sick, overly full or bloated after it and it's relatively healthy compared to our other takeaway choices.

When we first bought our house I wasn't as used to cooking so takeaways were a bit more common when an attempt at dinner went sideways.😋

• Advertisement

Morning all

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Nice start here, lovely and sunny and warm.

Was out for dinner and a few drinks Saturday night with another couple. Was lovely to get out and have food handed up to you, not have to clean up, not pick up dropped food from one of the kids and generally just be able to relax and have proper adult conversations. Was out till 1am which is the latest ive been up in ages!!

Advertisement