Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

All this talk of takeaways is making me hungry for one and it's only 10.40am on Monday! We have fewer takeaways since we moved in March mostly because there are none near us and we'd have to drive to collect it. However we do tend to eat out a bit at the weekends so we still get some nice food that wasn't cooked by us 😂 Trying to lose a few lbs though so we might have to cut down on that too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We're the same, we try not to eat too many takeaways. Mostly because by the time the kids go to bed, it's too late to be eating a takeaway. I have digestive issues too so try to avoid eating too much grease anyway! That said, Mr. CL doesn't really cook so if I go on strike, we tend to get one then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Haha, sounds very similar to us! OH doesn't like eating late at night and if she says she doesn't feel like cooking and isn't in the mood for my culinary master class then takeout it is.

Morning all

Happy Tuesday.

Nice bright start here again. lets hope it stays like this. Weather has been so up and down lately, sunny one minute and lashing the next!

Same here, except it's freezing out! Just went out to put the clothes on the line & I was skint again I was done! Wish the weather would make up it's mind what it wants to do - we had thunder, lightening and torrential rain last evening for over an hour, then it was warm and sunny again!

• Advertisement

Same, very heavy and prolonged rain last night out of no where. Only plus side is it saved me having to water anything in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cant believe we're nearly into June though, was great last night seeing it still bright at 10pm and we still have 4 weeks until the longest day of the year too... love the brighter nights of summertime.

The weekend is potentially to be the warmest of the year so far 'allegedly' anyway... be even better if it stays dry too!! Nowt worse than warm 7 wet weather, hate that muggy mix.

WFH today after getting that monster tender out on Friday, still have some bits to follow up on it but hugely relieved to finally get it out. Under slightly less pressure now (for a whole week!!) so have some classical & carols on in the background to help stay relaxed.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Good to hear things have eased off a bit buddy, I know what it can be like when work becomes all consuming and you're constantly under pressure. I'm sure no one will begrudge you a few quieter days, you've earned it!

Lashing here again...am going to get soaked on my walk now...contemplating bringing a bar of soap with me and killing two birds with one stone 😜

My brother in law does that with the car, when it's about to lash he runs out and puts soapy water all over the car and then lets that rain wash it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Currently in Supermacs since yere talking about take aways.

Also, I cleaned the gutters this evening. Next time will probably be in December to for the icicles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Wedding anniversary today. 19 years. Not sure where they've gone! Managed to sneak out for lunch. But couldn't resist telling the kids when they got home from school. It really is the little things in life that bring most pleasure 🤣🤣

Thankfully the weather held out for my turn to walk the dog this evening. Trying to teach him not to pull so what should be a 20 minute walk took about 40 mins with all the stopping 🙄

Hope the forecast is right, would love a nice weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy anniversary @tscul32! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Anniversary @tscul32 , our anniversary is next week.

Happy anniversary @tscul32. Wow 19 years is a good stint. You can start planning for the big one next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy Anniversary @tscul32 !!!!

All the talk of takeaways is killing me. We usually have one on Friday. We have burgers and chips from a place that does a really good 'smash' burger, lettuce wrap rather than a bun. We get the little on chips and cook her some GF chicken nuggets as she doesn't any other ones. We get Indian about once a month and it does us for lunch the next day also.

I feel you pain @DvB, I remember working in firms where the tender/estimating department would be pulling all nighters alongside us. I have been mad last week, this week with a hearing, and next week I'm in London for another one. Won't stop until mid June and then another in early July. All manic.

We looked at a house last night to buy and the current owners kid was there telling me where to put the Christmas tree.

Good to hear from you Jude, hope all well. Sounds like you keeping busy!!

Happy Anniversary @tscul32!

@freshpopcorn, I like supermacs burgers...but they need to cook their chips for about another two minutes, they are always slightly underdone!

Morning all

Happy hump day.

Another nice bright start if a bit windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Reading that last line made me laugh, its like kids can spot a Christmas Freak a mile away 😀

On a tangent here, was driving in to work this morning & 'All you need is love' by the Beatles came on & I instantly thought of the church scene in Love Actually... thats twice I've had songs remind me of that movie in the last few weeks!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Love that, when random things remind you of Christmas or something you associate with Christmas.

My Supermacs is very hit and miss regarding there chips. When there cooker correctly tough I really like them.

Happy Anniversary @tscul32 hopefully you won't be brought to Supermacs for it.

Thanks for all the well wishes, feeling old now.

Just realised we've nothing planned for dinner tonight so think it may be a chipper - sorry Jude. Will pretend the chicken is Turkey for the day that's in it.

Have a TY graduation for the eldest this evening, middle has just been sent home sick from school (he's never sick) and had to beg a favour to get the youngest to his club tonight cos they're training for a competition and he needs to be there but we've got the graduation. This parenting lark never gets any easier 🤪

Currently watching Emmerdale on ITV3 and it's the lead up until Christmas Day 2001.

Was that the big plane crash episode? I don't watch soaps at all however remember if coming up in the most watched UK TV shows countdown.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I hope you are wrong cos I remember some of that episode very clearly!! 1993 holy moly

Still feeling old 😔

• Advertisement

At least my memory is from a later countdown. Probably 1999 though so I wouldn't say anything 😂

Advertisement