Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Went shopping yesterday and bought a few bottles of spirits, getting it in in dribs and drabs before Christmas. God knows why, it will be just us drinking it by the looks of it. Husband is currently researching hot chocolate recipes, he thinks no matter how bad this Christmas may be it can all be improved on with a decent hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Howdy! Long time no see! I organised my Christmas cards, wrapping paper and wrapping accessories over the weekend (no need to buy Christmas cards this year!) and thought about how long it has been since I've posted here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Interesting to read the alcohol discussion. I started taking medication in February that doesn't mix with alcohol so apart from the odd day where I've forgotten to take it, I've have an alcohol-free pandemic and deserve a bloody medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Clocks go back/Rupolph day 13 days.
    Halloween 19 Days.
    Christmas ads 20 Days.
    Black Friday/Toy Show 46 days.
    December 1st 50 days.
    December 8th(when nearly everybody has their decorations up) 57 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

My elder brother put up o e of his Christmas Trees last week. Hes sending me regular pics. Major envy.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Christmas PJs have arrived! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

December 1st - 50 days that’s mad. Just shows how far we’ve come in the countdown this year.

What a strange but quick year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Neyite wrote: »
    Christmas PJs have arrived! :D

Ohhh where from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Woodies in Blach putting out their Christmas stock over the w/e

c62TCZ3.jpg

Heres the trees they had on display (not cheap either!)

eKR9InL.jpg
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

& far more importantly, they've arrived in Dunnes!

zKBQkoB.jpg
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Thanks DvB, having a cr@p afternoon and those have really cheered me up :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks DvB, having a cr@p afternoon and those have really cheered me up :)

Agreed. I don’t even like mince pies but the pic gave me the feels.

Are they hot cross buns to the left of the Dunnes mince pies :eek:

This year just gets weirder and weirder

€39 quid and that's the early bird :eek: Jesus wept!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Batgurl wrote: »
    Ohhh where from?

I got them in Next. But a lot of retailers are doing family sets now, including for pets :p

eviltwin wrote: »

I hope the elves wash and polish the car when your there!

They were indeed. Love them too so glad they're available more or less all year round now.

edit.
    There was halloween bracks to the left of them again!! Easter, Halloween & Christmas all together!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Free Covid swab with all visits..... joking
    I’ll be avoiding the half arsed attempts at Santa this year, I’m just going to spend my money on the portable North Pole thing for the kids. Different may as well be totally different as half arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

This year just gets weirder and weirder

Well spotted. That’s just so funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Per car though, considering the cost they are normally we’d all fit in one car so that’s not the worst. No present though? I think there’d be a meltdown

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Neyite wrote: »
    I got them in Next. But a lot of retailers are doing family sets now, including for pets
    Colour me interested. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For anyone with a Nest hello doorbell....the Halloween themed greeting can be switched on from today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

For anyone with a Nest hello doorbell....the Halloween themed greeting can be switched on from today :)

I didn't know they existed! I've just turned them on. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have a weekly Zoom quiz with a very special group of people. It's my quiz this week and realised I won't be on again before Christmas so I've snuck in a Christmas round. Will post it up later in the week after I've asked the questions in case there are any spies in here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob just me but I would love an 11 month Autumn/Winter year lol (1 month of hot weather)

Always jealous of our Southern Hempisphere neighbours who go into there Autumn/Winter when our weather is starting too heat up. Warm weather is less christmassy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m VM I just sent them a message asking.

Hi Loughc. I was looking through the Christmas Movies thread and see that VM just fobbed you off by saying that they just removed Sony Christmas movies from their platform and that's it. In other words...tough!

Anyway fair play to you for asking, even when Movies 24 switches to Christmas 24 I don't think we have that channel either. :(

There is only about 8 music channels with VM as well, I wonder are any of them going to go Christmas music?

There is only about 8 music channels with VM as well, I wonder are any of them going to go Christmas music?

Its the same on the SKY platform. Used to be at least twice that amount but loads have gone over the last year or so. Currently Trace on the sky platform have one of their channels changed to Trace christmas (since Oct 1st) one of the Now that what I call music channels will be changing late Oct/Early Nov to Now thats what I call christmas also, not sure if you get those channels on VM but I'd be amazed if you dont.

https://www.skymedia.co.uk/opportunities/now-christmas-2020/

The above link states the Now christmas is the only one on Sky & VM this year but as already mentioned Trace is currently there also on SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Just looking at the November calendar we will probably put up the tree Tuesday 24th or Thursday 26th I am off those days, we'll probably have no Christmas fm by then so might have to listen online or do a playlist

Then when Christmas fm launches I can sit and admire my tree all a glow :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Just looking at the November calendar we will probably put up the tree Tuesday 24th or Thursday 26th I am off those days, we'll probably have no Christmas fm by then so might have to listen online or do a playlist

Then when Christmas fm launches I can sit and admire my tree all a glow :)

I’m going to put mine up that Friday. If ChristmasFM isn’t live I will Listen to it on Alexa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Advertisement