Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glad to see they're moving quick with the 45's and overs now.

I really think we might have a normal Christmas this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

I really think we might have a normal Christmas this year!!!

Has to be a decent chance of it anyway fingers crossed.
    The thoughts of it already has me excited... have had christmas FM classical on in the background today as I have a real craving for christmas atm.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm 30 in July and never will be so happy to move into another age group if it means I can get vaccinated quicker!:pac:

I hope everyone registering gets through it quickly.
    My sister was vaccinated a few months ago and was sick as a dog after the Pfizer then I had family members get the astrazenica and be fine,just tired and groggy. I heard someone say if you react badly to the vaccine you were probably one of the people who'd have been badly effected by covid. Probably a load of rubbish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I'm 30 in July and never will be so happy to move into another age group if it means I can get vaccinated quicker!:pac:

I hope everyone registering gets through it quickly.
    My sister was vaccinated a few months ago and was sick as a dog after the Pfizer then I had family members get the astrazenica and be fine,just tired and groggy. I heard someone say if you react badly to the vaccine you were probably one of the people who'd have been badly effected by covid. Probably a load of rubbish though.

Different ones seem to affect different people in different ways. My folks got the Pfizer and both were fine for both jabs. Bit of a sore arm for a day or two but nothing else thankfully.

Fergal Bowers on the 1pm news on RTE just confirmed that 45-49 age group can register from today, however they were asking people to hang on for their specific day if possible, but could do so from today if they wished.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DvB wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers on the 1pm news on RTE just confirmed that 45-49 age group can register from today, however they were asking people to hang on for their specific day if possible, but could do so from today if they wished.

Thanks for the link above DVB, I am 48 and got myself on register so happy days.
    Switched to Google Chrome and like magic the text came through on my phone so was able to proceed with getting on the list.
    Thanks again.

Worked when I just tried it now!!

All registered :)

Thanks for the link above DVB, I am 48 and got myself on register so happy days.
    Switched to Google Chrome and like magic the text came through on my phone so was able to proceed with getting on the list.
    Thanks again.
    TRS30 wrote: »
    Worked when I just tried it now!!

All registered :)

Glad ye both got sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just pretend your Nadine Coyle and say you were born in about 1976 instead of 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just pretend your Nadine Coyle and say you were born in about 1976 instead of 1990.

Awh the memories that brings back!!:D

• Advertisement

Remind me sometime to tell ye the story about the time I ended up out on the a pub crawl with nadine coyle (amongst others I hasten to add)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

New HSE rules: If you are old enough to remember Nadine Coyle lying about her age, you qualify for a vaccine. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Some of the shut places in town have taken down their christmas decorations in preparation for the June Reopening

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There is a pub on Talbot Street with their Christmas tree up in the porch, looks like they are finally moving it out to re-open!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm a few weeks off the 45-49 bracket. OH is 47 though and planned to apply on Friday, but got a text from the GP today with an appt for Friday because of his high blood pressure. Getting Pfizer too. Glad he'll be fine at least.

Over half ways through May now and we're into the 210's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Remind me sometime to tell ye the story about the time I ended up out on the a pub crawl with nadine coyle (amongst others I hasten to add)

I'm reminding you know, hang on while I order a pint before you start.

Over half ways through May now and we're into the 210's!

More than half way, sure its June next week.:)

Well Tuesday week...;)

Assume you were buying as she didn't have any ID :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Assume you were buying as she didn't have any ID :D

Only had to buy one round IIRC...so she was a cheap date basically :D she was drinking white wine spritzers, I do remember that bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Proper winter weather out there today with the wind and the rain

Loughc wrote: »
    Proper winter weather out there today with the wind and the rain

Its a really awful day out there, not looking forward to hurling training tonight... worst of it is the weather is showing no signs of improving in the short term. May has been a disaster weather wise.

Its a really awful day out there, not looking forward to hurling training tonight... worst of it is the weather is showing no signs of improving in the short term. May has been a disaster weather wise.

Aye, the weather App doesn't show much improvement over the next 7 days either :(

Hopefully we're getting the rain out of the way so we can all enjoy the outdoor pints and meals in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Feeling festive tonight, decided to order a new Christmas tree bag on Amazon before the July Vat thing comes in. Going to treat myself to a new room decoration too, having fun going through page after page of festive beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Kids are going on a nature walk today with the creche for biodiversty week....youngest one is going this morning, they'll be like drowned rats :( Hoping the weather is drier for tomorrow - our eldest is having a playdate....first playdate in over a year!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Kids are going on a nature walk today with the creche for biodiversty week....youngest one is going this morning, they'll be like drowned rats :( Hoping the weather is drier for tomorrow - our eldest is having a playdate....first playdate in over a year!

I think tomorrow is to improve, longer term it still looks like a mixed bag of unsettled mucky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I think tomorrow is to improve, longer term it still looks like a mixed bag of unsettled mucky stuff.

Fingers crossed...I know they are mixing in school but I think I'd prefer for them to be outdoors if possible!

HAd caught up on all my regular christmas podcasts last week so have started into a new one, Christmas creeps, where the hosts dissect christmas films in a more 'adult' tone... (i.e. plenty of expletives!) The one for christmas shoes is episode 4 and man is it funny how they tear it a new one...

Freely admit this wont be for everyone, but I find parts of it quite good. Some of it is nit picking for the sake of criticism but on the most part isnt bad... so far anyway, only in 5 episodes so far and theres 100+ there to get through.

**edit**
    Its on spotify so easy enough to find.

That actually sounds like I'd enjoy it when I'm in better form, thanks DvB!

Work has been mental, coping with the aftermath of the cyber attack. I can't wait for my days off, I'm exhausted.

• Advertisement

Wishing ye all a Happy Pizza Party Day!
    184056321_4087852344655898_4475927707412082712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DjVwJHHt_XEAX9TZeVR&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8be08c9d2c345a5481c8cc3f1dbcacfa&oe=60CC0540

Advertisement