Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I'm making the most of the nice(ish) dry weather today. I can be lazy tomorrow! :p

I'm heading off to DID now to look at toasters and Fitbits. :D

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Happy shopping Posy :D

Getting a mix of sunshine and showers over my way, so myself and the fur balls are having a lazy day watching Netflix. Might go hill walking tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    I'm heading off to DID now to look at toasters and Fitbits. :D

Hope you got this one Posy!

189405260_2948875845435017_5491946115859666831_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Nk7M1llZzlgAX_0nQv_&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fe6c0438a8a536cecc681c08cdebc857&oe=60D07BF1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What an awful day out there... a day for netflix by the looks of it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Oh definitely! It's what dreary Sundays are made for. :D

• Advertisement

Brightening up now thankfully.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

It actually ended up bright enough for me to... (gasp) hang out some washing!
    Only rained in the morning, then cleared right up into a lovely afternoon. :)

Posy wrote: »
    It actually ended up bright enough for me to hang out some washing!
    Only rained in the morning, then cleared right up into a lovely afternoon. :)

Same. Looking a little dark now though, suspect more rain on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Showers here today but Call the midwife Christmas special was on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hope you got this one Posy!

189405260_2948875845435017_5491946115859666831_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Nk7M1llZzlgAX_0nQv_&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fe6c0438a8a536cecc681c08cdebc857&oe=60D07BF1

Would love this and would prob use it from 1 Sept to 1 Feb ! (At least)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So my news, I got a new job!! You'll probably be thinking, didn't she recently get a job... Well yes I did, a few months ago now. That was only a temporary contract but while I had 9 months to go on that, I was offered a job i applied for months ago. It's a permanent job so the security will be amazing. Hate leaving where I am now but after being out of work for a year, I never ever ever want to go back to being out of work like that again. Was the toughest year of my life, so much harder than even when my marriage broke up. Start new job in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Fantastic news, Caranica. Delighted for you!!:)

Caranica wrote: »
    So my news, I got a new job!! You'll probably be thinking, didn't she recently get a job... Well yes I did, a few months ago now. That was only a temporary contract but while I had 9 months to go on that, I was offered a job i applied for months ago. It's a permanent job so the security will be amazing. Hate leaving where I am now but after being out of work for a year, I never ever ever want to go back to being out of work like that again. Was the toughest year of my life, so much harder than even when my marriage broke up. Start new job in a few weeks.

That is fabulous news on the permanent job, congratulations!! :) I know you feel bad leaving your current job, but do what's right for you.

Yaaay, that is really great news Caranica!!

elh62gV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Fantastic news Caranica - good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Great news Ceranica, onwards and upwards for you from here on :)

Thanks guys, and thank you all for helping me to keep going during a tough time. The Christmas forum is the loveliest place on Boards x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great news Caranica, all the best in the new job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Great news to brighten up a very grey day.....best of luck with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Great news Caranica, wishing you all the best :D

• Advertisement

All the best for the new job Caranica & hopefully the security it brings with it.

Btw, on site this morning, came back to my PC there & 8 threads in here lit up with new posts... oustanding!! & for the end of May too... wow!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is fantastic news!! Congrats!!
    DvB wrote: »
    Btw, on site this morning, came back to my PC there & 8 threads in here lit up with new posts... oustanding!! & for the end of May too... wow!

I know I just logged in and there's a hive of activity here this morning!

Loughc wrote: »
    I know I just logged in and there's a hive of activity here this morning!

Maybe we all just need a little something atm...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If we don't get a summer we may as well skip right to Christmas at this rate!

Loughc wrote: »
    If we don't get a summer we may as well skip right to Christmas at this rate!
    Absolutely!!
    Although we've had a fantastic* May before followed by a dismal summer, so I'm hoping things will pick up now in June/July/Aug... otherwise it might as well be November already.

*Irish fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

Great news Caranica!! Now book Christmas off.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Great news Caranica!! Now book Christmas off.

My new job actually closes between Christmas and New year anyway so it's only a matter of making sure I can finish early enough.

My new job actually closes between Christmas and New year

Are they hiring.... :pac:

• Advertisement

^^^ This

Advertisement