Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DvB wrote: »
    I actively went looking for them and didn't see them anywhere. Was looking out of curiosity rather than any expectation of them being a must have though.

I'm fairly sure I saw them in Tesco in November and I got the Gingerbread ones in SuperValu in January! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Yeah, I bought both, think Tesco had them. Gingerbread was nice, but I prefer real gingerbread. Pudding ones went to the in laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Saturday all :) Happy Anniversary DvB :)

Got caught out in a thunder shower earlier today and got
    Absolutely drowned as well as the dog :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was waiting all day for forecasted thunder showers, and they never came!!

Even got some gardening done, and three new plants sown, with the threat of rain that didn't appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm fairly sure I saw them in Tesco in November and I got the Gingerbread ones in SuperValu in January! :D

That explains it, I wasn't in tesco or supervalu... must pop in this time around to see if I can pick up some of the seasonal treats I missed last year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Had a wonderful day yesterday, Mam was 70 and the parents were 50 years married as well.
    First time we all were all together in well over a year and we had a great time.

I keep saying to the wife that Christmas this year has to be everyone all together in one house for the big day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Had a wonderful day yesterday, Mam was 70 and the parents were 50 years married as well.
    First time we all were all together in well over a year and we had a great time.

I keep saying to the wife that Christmas this year has to be everyone all together in one house for the big day :)

Sounds like a great day - isn't it fantastic to see normality returning :)

Gorgeous day today!

Sat out the back garden enjoying the blue skies and sunshine until early afternoon.
    Plus, got some painting done on the brickwork on the front of the house, and repainted a planter box out the back.
    Still got an hour of piano practice done once it clouded over at about 3pm. :pac:

I was going to walk the dog, but she was running around the garden for hours, and has now passed out, so I'll leave her rest up and go tomorrow instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hardly stopped raining all day here today ,couldn't cut the grass:( , this is going to be one of those years where Christmas will be upon us and we wont know where the year has gone.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Hardly stopped raining all day here today ,couldn't cut the grass:( , this is going to be one of those years where Christmas will be upon us and we wont know where the year has gone.

Yeah, isn't it great!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Oh dear, what part of the country had all day rain?

May has been so mixed so far this year, I'm naively hoping it's an indicator of a good summer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 carlirl

little over 4 weeks till the longest day now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Posy wrote: »
    Oh dear, what part of the country had all day rain?

May has been so mixed so far this year, I'm naively hoping it's an indicator of a good summer. :D

I think this time last year was good weather ,remember being out on the bikes with my two sons as i was out of work with the Covid situation, fond memory's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We had thunder showers all day, got a few walks in between showers and a little road trip :)

Wow, there was literally not a cloud in the sky until after 2pm here in Dublin city, and not one drop of rain!

Posy wrote: »
    Wow, there was literally not a cloud in the sky until after 2pm here in Dublin city, and not one drop of rain!

Opposite out here in suburbia. Lashed rain until about 2pm then brightened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Nothing in north county Dublin yesterday, beautiful & sunny all day. Mind my OH was talking to her brother in Lucan and he said it was lashing!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Nothing in north county Dublin yesterday, beautiful & sunny all day. Mind my OH was talking to her brother in Lucan and he said it was lashing!

Looks like it's going to be a mixed bag weather wise again today, it started off cloudy, then the sun came out and cloudy again now.

I really hope it's a nice summer, I miss the weather we got back in Lockdown Number 1 over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am praying for a 1995 scorcher. I have an Air bnb booked for two weeks out westish way and may even stay for a month!

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am praying for a 1995 scorcher. I have an Air bnb booked for two weeks out westish way and may even stay for a month!

Similar. We've a week at the end of july booked for Mayo so can live with May being 'iffy' if we get a decent July & August.

• Advertisement

Im home from the 10th July for 3, maybe 4 weeks. Just looking up ferry times to Inis Mor

Jude13 wrote: »
    Im home from the 10th July for 3, maybe 4 weeks. Just looking up ferry times to Inis Mor

Gorgeous part of the world (if you get the weather especially)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

As I mentioned before, we had an Aibbnb booked for Tipp for July. Got an email the other night so say booking was cancelled as host was selling the house :(

Queue frantic search and managed to get another place for the same week. Not in Tipp however actually looks a better place and right beside a lake for fishing, swimming, kayaking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

My family celebrated Eid last week (my family has people of both Christian and Islamic faiths), but we all had to celebrate in our own homes, due to restrictions.

My mother also got her first shot, so that was good news.

Hopefully by the next Eid or Christmas, my family can spend it together.

Eid Mubarak, Wes! Hope you ate LOADS anyway, and I hope that everyone can celebrate together next time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Booked and confirmed the staff Christmas Party today with a venue for the 4th of December, the few of us involved in organising it were all saying say nothing till we know for certain that it will actually go ahead.
    Fingers and toes crossed for the next few months. :)

wes wrote: »
    My family celebrated Eid last week (my family has people of both Christian and Islamic faiths), but we all had to celebrate in our own homes, due to restrictions.

My mother also got her first shot, so that was good news.

Hopefully by the next Eid or Christmas, my family can spend it together.

Eid Mubarak! We went out with our Muslim pals to a big iftar last week just before eid, unreal food.

I am thinking of extending my break home with a week in Wexford tagged on to the end, nothing on airbnb

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a hotel break sorted for Kilkenny in late June.

I booked it back in February as a punt that hotels would be opened in time. I would be smug but this is the same hotel break we had moved 3 times in 2020 :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I hear you, Loughc, we've Centre Parcs booked for September but like that, it's the third time that we've rescheduled it. Fingers crossed that this time, you'll get to KK!

Advertisement