Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I hear you, Loughc, we've Centre Parcs booked for September but like that, it's the third time that we've rescheduled it. Fingers crossed that this time, you'll get to KK!

At this stage I'll take a trip across the road, I just want a couple of days where I dont have to worry about doing the hoovering, the washing up, making the bed. etc

Hotels really make things easy for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I have a hotel break sorted for Kilkenny in late June.

I booked it back in February as a punt that hotels would be opened in time. I would be smug but this is the same hotel break we had moved 3 times in 2020 :O

We've booked 3 nights in Kilkenny for the October bank holiday weekend. At thsi stage if thats cancelled because of covid we're beyond goosed!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    At this stage I'll take a trip across the road
    I'm the exact same. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Feeling the love for Kilkenny in here :D i don’t blame Ye for wanting to visit the most beautiful city in Ireland ;):D Quite fond if it myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Autosport wrote: »
    Feeling the love for Kilkenny in here :D i don’t blame Ye for wanting to visit the most beautiful city in Ireland ;):D Quite fond if it myself :)

Another Kilkenny fan here ;) We've a family wedding there next year and I'm soooooo looking forward to it!:D

We've had this conversation before Autosport... I've family from the home of hurling (Ballyhale) and we tend to head down at least once a year.
    Love Kilkenny.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We stayed in the Newpark a couple of years ago with the kids and had a blast. Great hotel for families and was lots to do in Kilkenny. Hardly recognised the place in the day time as only been before for stags!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Have suddenly gotten an attack of the Christmassy vibes this week....no idea why, I'm normally good until at least July before I start craving xmas!!

Have suddenly gotten an attack of the Christmassy vibes this week....no idea why, I'm normally good until at least July before I start craving xmas!!

Had a couple of christmas podcasts on in the background this afternoon myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I literally only said the same thing last night, serious Christmas vibes lately, no idea why as Summer is kicking off....

I'm eating like it's Christmas :D

I'm eating like it's Christmas :D

That explains why i feel so Christmassy so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

I think that seeing the shops opening up, knowing I'll be having dinner at my parents' house soon cos they're now fully vaccinated - all that is just making the prospect of a proper extended family Christmas more real.

People aged 49 can register for vaccinations from tomorrow... Happy days! I'll be logging on first thing... Great chance of getting my first jab before the end of the first week in June and fully vaccinated before our trip to mayo in July!! That's definitely given me a boost!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Fantastic news DvB!!

I had my 2nd dose of Pfizer on Saturday. Oh guys, felt like I'd been hit by a bus Sunday and Monday. Just a heads up for anyone else getting it...a duvet day may be in order :D

Have to say, I'm loving the rain this evening!! Nothing nicer than being snuggled up on the couch with the sound of rain against the window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ll have the red carpet laid out for you when you visit this beautiful city :)

Felt Christmasy today as well it could be watching thunder and lightening :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh that is great news, DvB! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

DvB they won't believe you're 49 with those running times!

The AZ one knocked me for six after both jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    The AZ one knocked me for six after both jabs.

I've heard this a lot about AZ. My dad is in his late 60s, was grand after the first dose but got the second one last week and was feeling quite rough for about 24 hours.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    People aged 49 can register for vaccinations from tomorrow... Happy days! I'll be logging on first thing... Great chance of getting my first jab before the end of the first week in June and fully vaccinated before our trip to mayo in July!! That's definitely given me a boost!

For some reason I thought it was 45-49 could register from this morning however is 49 and over. Guess I'll have to wait another few days.

TRS30 wrote: »
    For some reason I thought it was 45-49 could register from this morning however is 49 and over. Guess I'll have to wait another few days.

It is 45 & over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

It is 45 & over.

I think it's 45 and over this week. My understanding is that 49 can reg today, 48 tomo and so on.

My MIL is 48 (yes, she had my fella very young) and registering this week- means nearly everyone in our bridal party will be done by the wedding!

I think it's 45 and over this week. My understanding is that 49 can reg today, 48 tomo and so on.

My MIL is 48 (yes, she had my fella very young) and registering this week- means nearly everyone in our bridal party will be done by the wedding!

My Mrs is 47 & she registered this morning, as did my sister who's 48. We all got the confirmation of registration back too. The day by day thing is just a guide, it wont prevent you from registering if 45 or older.

My Mrs is 47 & she registered this morning, as did my sister who's 48. We all got the confirmation of registration back too. The day by day thing is just a guide, it wont prevent you from registering if 45 or older.

I went into the portal this morning and in big writing on the top it says 49-69 :confused:

I went into the portal this morning and in big writing on the top it says 49-69 :confused:

Go into the registration process, a couple more steps & you get to this point:

https://vaccine.hse.ie/cohort/

PIS70qd.jpg

then select 45-69 & it will allow you register.

Go into the registration process, a couple more steps & you get to this point:

https://vaccine.hse.ie/cohort/

PIS70qd.jpg

then select 45-69 & it will allow you register.

Tried that and got as far as verifying my email however I'm not getting the text message. Rang them and said I have to wait till Sunday :(

Tried that and got as far as verifying my email however I'm not getting the text message. Rang them and said I have to wait till Sunday :(

That's odd. Know a good few people who've managed it now & all are in the 45-48 bracket...

**update**
    One of my mates in our whatsapp group is 47 & just did it, no issues, got the email & text message & got the confirmation page at the end too... there's a couple more trying it now so will see what happens. As I said my Mrs is 47 & definitely has registered, she got the text & email verifications too.

**further update**
    Seems its random, another mate in our whatsapp group got as far as you did but hasn't got the text message with the code...

That's odd. Know a good few people who've managed it now & all are in the 45-48 bracket...

**update**
    One of my mates in our whatsapp group is 47 & just did it, no issues, got the email & text message & got the conformation page at the end too... theres a couple more trying it now so will see what happens. As I said my Mrs is 47 & definitely has registered, she got the text & email verifications too.

To be honest the girl i spoke to didn't seem very sure and when I mentioned other people under 49 getting registered she didn't have an answer!

It wouldn't allow me to register again and 100% sure i put the right mobile number in.

Looks like I'll just have to wait till Sunday.

• Advertisement

To be honest the girl i spoke to didn't seem very sure and when I mentioned other people under 49 getting registered she didn't have an answer!

It wouldn't allow me to register again and 100% sure i put the right mobile number in.

Looks like I'll just have to wait till Sunday.

Nothing surprises me with tech/IT these days, either way even if it is only delayed until Sunday its not the end of the world. I doubt registering today will speed up the actual appointments themselves, just gets the registration out of the way most likely.

Advertisement