Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ordered it, she'll think I'm mad but it's sooooo cute! Found a site with gorgeous Christmas tutu outfits for baby girls but not a huge choice for boys. Ok so it's May but surely it's always Christmas preparation time :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had shot #2 on Thursday night and was rough the last few days. I am planning in my head a Christmas abroad this year again. I was great fun last year and if all is open then the folks are more than welcome to join us here.

I cannot remember what age the eldest elf began to 'get' Christmas and Santa. Think it was 3, our youngest will be almost 3 by Christmas and its going to be great to have Santa back.

I got Spotify eventually and now have access to all 'we need a little Christmas now' at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Wet and windy morning here , feels very wintery. Loving it.

Up since 6.30 with the little man and I forgot what a struggle it is to entertain him when we can't get out for a walk :P It's absolutely horrible out there. Hope everyone has a lovely day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,193 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »

I got Spotify eventually and now have access to all 'we need a little Christmas now' at last.

Just a heads up, there a run of them that IMO fall of a cliff, he starts a serial of his own Christmas 'die hard' style film and its really really bad... one 2hr episode is just the whole thing played in one go. I generally skipped it. Give it a go though, you may get something from it, I simply couldn't, and moved past it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

DVB all over it, 'the bomb for christmas', I am very impressed at the amount of time that would have taken him but skipped the lot.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    DVB all over it, 'the bomb for christmas', I am very impressed at the amount of time that would have taken him but skipped the lot.

Nail on head.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The cherry blossoms on my avenue are blowing about in the wind, the blossoms are whirling everywhere- it looks like I'm living in a snow globe!
    Can't beat a bit of snow in May. :)

Love cherry blossoms!

Twas a bit wild here this morning, then the sun came out for about an hour and it was great to be outdoors. The rain is back again so myself and the fur balls are curled up watching some Netflix. Looking forward to having a roast dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Had a full family dinner today or mini Christmas dinner as I like to call them :)
    Cooked a ham and a lump of beef, really enjoyable bank holiday and took the dog out for a night wee and have to say it's chilly out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    The cherry blossoms on my avenue are blowing about in the wind, the blossoms are whirling everywhere- it looks like I'm living in a snow globe!
    Can't beat a bit of snow in May. :)

Was out with my daughter in the car yesterday and was the same out our way. A lot of houses on my parents road have cherry blossom trees and she said it was like it was snowing!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    What time is your ferry at?

Only catching up now. Had a 4 day weekend and wasn’t online much. Had lots to do around the house and had some NFL draft to catch up on.

DvB i properly LOL’d at this.

Loughc wrote: »
    Only catching up now. Had a 4 day weekend and wasn’t online much. Had lots to do around the house and had some NFL draft to catch up on.

DvB i properly LOL’d at this.

Glad it didnt go over everyones head so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Hello folks,

It has been a long time since I have been on here. No particular reason why just didn't log in and got out of the habit. I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

Hope everyone has been keeping well on here.

David aka lycan238

Hope you're keeping well, lycan. :)

Weird weather today- hailstones, then sun, then rain. Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Haven't posted in ages cos there's been nothing Christmassy going on. However the other day I passed our local Tesco and that one small, overlooked window that had the mannequins in Christmas jumpers has finally been spotted and said mannequins are now naked. For the past 3 months we've been wondering if they were just a permanent feature. Felt a little pang when I saw they were gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hope you're keeping well, lycan. :)

Weird weather today- hailstones, then sun, then rain. Bizarre!

We've had the four seasons - all we're short is Frankie Valli now:D

Welcome back lycan :)

I'm just finishing my last Easter egg of 2021. :D

I have two left (of two), will probably make it to September :D

I still have mince pies in the freezer, trying to judge a good time to defrost and enjoy... tempted to wait until rudolph day in June which is the middle one, or the 21st June being the longest day for some kind of ironic justification.

Any of ours not eaten by now will end up in a broken biscuit cake.

Uneaten Easter eggs!?! What is this madness!!?? :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Any of ours not eaten by now will end up in a broken biscuit cake.

Mmmm, broken biscuit cake..... nom nom.

DvB wrote: »

Mmmm, broken biscuit cake..... nom nom.

Tell me about it. It's my wife's specialty. Not good for the waistline!!

I love chocolate biscuit cake, but don't like making it myself, because I can see all the butter I've put into it and I'd rather not know. :pac:

Does she put malteasers in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

God I'd love some chocolate biscuit cake right now!

I have professional exams all next week but I might order some fancy filled and flavored cupcakes as a celebration for next weekend.
    Baked goods are the best goods.

Advertisement