Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just had coffee, a pancake and Nutella. Considering going back for seconds!

Sky has gone dark now but it was a lovely morning. More bad job news today, yet another one filled internally but I'll keep ploughing on.

Happy pancake Tuesday everyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Shrove Tuesday!!

Yeah, it's gone very overcast now, boo- I prefer when it's nice and bright.

Woohoo, pancakes! I took the day off work just to stuff myself. :D

Sorry to hear, Caranica- it's their loss. :/

Caranica wrote: »
    Just had coffee, a pancake and Nutella. Considering going back for seconds!
    Doooooo it.

I tried seconds, only managed half a pancake second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My mother has been fully vaccinated now and my father is due to get his in a few weeks, he asked the GP this morning and he confirmed it :) Great news on a Tuesday :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    My mother has been fully vaccinated now and my father is due to get his in a few weeks, he asked the GP this morning and he confirmed it :) Great news on a Tuesday :)

That's is just the best news!! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh that's fantastic news, Autosport. Delighted for them :)

Delighted for them, and jealous too! Will sleep so much easier when my parents are vaccinated, they have enough health issues as it is. They are 75 and about to turn 70 so a few weeks off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Just had pancakes for lunch. One protein, one 'fluffy American' and one plain.

They were delicious. Would love a nap now!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Just had pancakes for lunch. One protein, one 'fluffy American' and one plain.

They were delicious. Would love a nap now!

I had more than 3 pancakes for lunch.... a nap would be lovely haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I've been told the kids had their fill & left me 3 pancakes to reheat later, now theres not a chance I'll eat 3 of them so reckon a sharing of them later will go down well as a nice little surprise to the kids!

We have fresh lemons so reckon it'll be sugar & lemon for me.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

Happy pancake day everyone.
    I made crepes this morning with whatever filling they wanted. Nutella, marshmallows and strawberries chosen by the sweet fans, myself and the 13yo had bacon, cheese, egg and maple syrup.....mmmmm. Then there was enough better left for a small fresh lemon and sugar roll up one each. I'm still stuffed. The 9yo is about to start an American Pancake cook along class now so I'll have my peanut butter, chocolate, banana one this round. 15yo then announced he's supposed to be making pancakes for home economics homework. Told him to leave it until Thursday or Friday. They'll be appreciated more then.

It's great to hear more news about the vaccine roll out.

For our pancake toppings today, I chose a small sprinkling of sugar, while himself went with nutella and blueberries. Not sure yet what I'll choose for round 2 after dinner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well I surprised myself and ate 3 pancakes!

We actually ran out of mixture because as my husband rightly informed me I never usually eat more than 1. At least no waste!

Beautiful day here again with lots of sunshine and daffiolds getting ready to open up everywhere in the park.

Great to hear news of people actually getting vaccine. Gives me great hope for all of us and hopefully we can actually enjoy some type of normality at home in Ireland this summer.

I thought I'd accidentally unfollowed this thread cause no new posts popped up today!

Hope everyone's doing okay!:)

Feeling completely wiped today...eyes burning with tiredness. Early to bed for me tonight!!

Nearly the weekend guys...we can do this!!:D

Everyone's over in the movie thread :D hope you get a good sleep Jellybear!
    I'm enjoying my days off atm :) back to work tomorrow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas episode of The Simpsons on Channel 4 now!

Bought some of these in Dunnes tonight. They are a dangerous level of delicious. :D

F9YFaKZ.jpeg

Those Ferrero eggs look unreal!! I love Ferrero Rocher :D

Husband went out to get milk and mince...came back with a GIANT orange dairy milk buttons Easter egg. The man has no willpower!!

ETA- The egg isn't orange chocolate, just the bag of sweets. We're both suitably unimpressed! I'll still eat it though :D

I love those ferrero eggs! There's another flavour too but we can never find them.

They had both in Dunnes- the milk chocolate hazelnut and dark chocolate cocoa. :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    They had both in Dunnes- the milk chocolate hazelnut and dark chocolate cocoa. :)

Dark chocolate you say?

Ooh!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Posy wrote: »

We got them when they first came out a few years ago, and it's cruel really, as we haven't been able to get them since, only the hazelnut ones.. I reckon there's some dark chocolate loving fiend in the West that's clearing them from the shops :)

We got them when they first came out a few years ago, and it's cruel really, as we haven't been able to get them since, only the hazelnut ones.. I reckon there's some dark chocolate loving fiend in the West that's clearing them from the shops :)

If I spot any I’ll send them your way :) Not a fan of dark chocolate at all, Love milk and white chocolate :);

Well we're into the 300's.

Well we're into the 300's.

200's practically waving at us now.

If I spot any I’ll send them your way :) Not a fan of dark chocolate at all, Love milk and white chocolate :);

Awh thanks :D

DvB wrote: »
    200's practically waving at us now.

Yes, I have Easter and well have approx 265 days to go, then the May Bank Holiday and then the June and we'll be into the 100's.

Yes, I have Easter and well have approx 265 days to go, then the May Bank Holiday and then the June and we'll be into the 100's.

Yep, June 9th = 199 days! Another significant milestone on the countdown.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Yep, June 9th = 199 days! Another significant milestone on the countdown.:)

I wonder how many 'Best Christmas *****' we'll have got through by then!!

• Advertisement

May or may not be watching a Christmas movie on Movies24 now :D

Advertisement