Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Got some great news this morning...got another year's career break to be with little man :)
    You just never know when you apply so I'm thrilled :)

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday...finally treat day- give me all the chocolate!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

1 day until St Valentine's Day.
    3 days until Pancake Tuesday.
    16 days until March 1st.
    28 days until Mothers Day.
    32 days until St Patrick's Day.
    43 Days until clocks go forward.
    50 days until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy Valentine’s Day elves :)

Happy Valentine's day all!

My little boy just loves me so much, he woke up at 6.30am...I'm wrecked! Gonna head out for a walk in a few. Better wrap up warm...that wind is unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Valentines day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Valentine’s Day ye lovely people. Time to batten down the hatches I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

jellybear wrote: »
    Happy Valentine's day all!

My little boy just loves me so much, he woke up at 6.30am...I'm wrecked! Gonna head out for a walk in a few. Better wrap up warm...that wind is unreal!!

Our 4 year old woke us up too. I think he is more excited than us about Valentines Day!

He brought us up our cards. God job I got him a small present so he doesn't feel left out.

We got takeaway afternoon tea this weekend to celebrate, it was unreal!

It's definitely a day for staying indoors. Wind is unreal here. Far play to you jelly bear for going outside but I'd be afraid of blowing away!

Awh that's lovely, appledrop!

He made up for it with a big box of Ferrero Rocher for his mammy for V Day, so all is forgiven!:D
    It actually wasn't too bad on our walk, quite mild but the wind was fairly strong at parts!

Little man is up for his nap now so having a nice lunch and gonna plonk myself on the couch then :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I'm having a quick tea break at work, looking forward to finishing up later, we'll be having takeaway for dinner. The plan is Indian food and the latest episode of Wandavision :D

Not a good sporting day as an United and Ireland fan :(

Sushi to look forward to later though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

TRS30 wrote: »
    Not a good sporting day as an United and Ireland fan :(

Sushi to look forward to later though :)

We abandoned the rugby at half time as rain stopped and sun came out for 1st time in about 3 weeks!

It is so mild out we had a lovely walk, just back in and Ireland lost again so we made the right choice!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I'm having a quick tea break at work, looking forward to finishing up later, we'll be having takeaway for dinner. The plan is Indian food and the latest episode of Wandavision :D

Ohh wandavision is so good. How you finding it so far?

Loughc wrote: »
    Ohh wandavision is so good. How you finding it so far?

I love it!! I'm avoiding spoilers from Friday as I haven't seen the newest episode yet, all I know is it's the Halloween episode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭tscul32

Loving Wandavision here too. Whole family sitting down every Friday evening for the latest episode. Think the 9yo is struggling a little to keep up but the teens are enjoying it.
    My OH was cooking dinner this evening so I grabbed one of the kids for a 5k walk since the sun came out. It's so mild compared to even yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Went for a walk ourselves this evening and managed to twinge something in my knee thought I'd walk it off but it got progressively more painful, tried a stint on the exercise bike to work it off but nope, had to stop after a few minutes so sat here with it strapped up as it started to swell a little... raging as I was really starting to enjoy getting back into regular exercise. Means I'll really need to be good on thd calories now until I can get it back to normal.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hope the knee recovers quickly for you man.

It's amazing how you get used to the cold weather, once temperatures went up today it felt like it was roasting outside and inside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy Pancake Tuesday Eve Everybody!

DvB wrote: »
    Went for a walk ourselves this evening and managed to twinge something in my knee thought I'd walk it off but it got progressively more painful, tried a stint on the exercise bike to work it off but nope, had to stop after a few minutes so sat here with it strapped up as it started to swell a little... raging as I was really starting to enjoy getting back into regular exercise. Means I'll really need to be good on thd calories now until I can get it back to normal.

Sorry to hear that mate. Tweaked something in my neck myself yesterday morning, doing nothing really! Was sore all day and still feeling it this morning. Have tried heat packs etc and no ral joy so will just have to wait it out.

Will try some exercise later and see how it goes.
    Happy Pancake Tuesday Eve Everybody!

I already have orders in for tomorrow night as I'm on pancake making duty :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope your knee is feeling a bit better today, DvB.

Ugh, what a rotten dark, wet morning out!
    Glad I have pancakes to look forward to tomorrow as a reward for even getting out of bed today. :pac:

Sorry to hear about the sore knee and neck! Hope you guys feel better soon!

What a horrible morning out there! No walk for me!!

Looking forward to pancakes tomorrow :D

Hope everyone has a nice Monday :)

• Advertisement

Between tweaked knees... backs.. toes... can we just rename this forum the retiree community... :(

:pac:

All joking aside there's nothing worse than an injury to make you feel every inch of your age. I miss my 20's my body must have been completely made of rubber and springs....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

My 20's had its fair share of crutches etc. but they were clear cut, broken leg, snapped a Achilles, now its a tweak of this and a linger pain of that. Shooting sciatica.

I have managed to injure the facia around the muscles near my tailbone. How the hell does that happen.

So Santa I want my joints and tendons from when I was 16 please.

Jude13 wrote: »

Those were the days ah. No need for warm ups, jumping out of bed and not feeling like a plank of wood, good times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

Get well soon DvB. It's great the vaccines are getting rolled out today, beginning with the over 85's. It's the start of a long journey back but we'll get there. Have a great day everyone.

DenMan wrote: »
    Get well soon DvB. It's great the vaccines are getting rolled out today, beginning with the over 85's. It's the start of a long journey back but we'll get there. Have a great day everyone.

Loving this positivity, DenMan :) I had one of the 'bad days' yesterday where it all just gets so overwhelming but feeling better today. Every day is one step closer to getting vaccinated, seeing people again etc :)

It was lovely and sunny here after 9am so we got out for a lovely walk after all!!:D

jellybear wrote: »
    Loving this positivity, DenMan :) I had one of the 'bad days' yesterday where it all just gets so overwhelming but feeling better today. Every day is one step closer to getting vaccinated, seeing people again etc :)

It was lovely and sunny here after 9am so we got out for a lovely walk after all!!:D

Well said jellybear and Denman, this is the positivity I need in my life right now :)

Loving your work :)

Jude13 wrote: »
    My 20's had its fair share of crutches etc. but they were clear cut, broken leg, snapped a Achilles, now its a tweak of this and a linger pain of that. Shooting sciatica.

I have managed to injure the facia around the muscles near my tailbone. How the hell does that happen.

Stop. 2 cruciate ligament operations, 1 cartilage one. Crutches were practically a part of me in my mid to late 20's. LIke yourself since then its all been minor tweaks, pulls & strains etc. oh and the sciatica too.... man that ones a doozy!!

Thankfully my knee seems to be reacting to the anti-inflammatories i took earlier and the swelling has gone down now. Not as painful either when walking down the stairs (which was the worst last night) so I'm hoping the rest is doing its job.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Thankfully my knee seems to be reacting to the anti-inflammatories i took earlier and the swelling has gone down now. Not as painful either when walking down the stairs (which was the worst last night) so I'm hoping the rest is doing its job.

Just becareful, the anti-imfalmmatories stop the pain as well and give a falsehood that you're healing quicker than you think. I thought I was grand a couple of weeks ago until I went for a walk, almost undid the whole recovery process.

Loughc wrote: »
    Just becareful, the anti-imfalmmatories stop the pain as well and give a falsehood that you're healing quicker than you think. I thought I was grand a couple of weeks ago until I went for a walk, almost undid the whole recovery process.

Ah no fear of that, well used to knee pain & injuries so wont be taking any chances at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ah the old fistfuls of difene / voltoran washed down with some Solpadine to ease the pain, then local shots of cortisone shots a day or two before big games, sure it never hurt anyone. Apart from me and everyone I know who is no hobbling around in our 30's. Pals have new hips and knees now and are the same age as me. I count myself lucky, screws and plates aside.

Anywho I had pancakes twice at the weekend (bob's redmill gluten free ones) with maple bacon. So what's everyone's topping?

Advertisement