Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Not ashamed to say I've been wearing two pairs of socks around the house the last few days.

I feel it in my hands mostly, have had lots of impact injuries over the years from sport (Hockey & Hurling) and when the cold weather arrives I struggle with them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

We've a nice dusting here, and it's still coming down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Yeah, theres a real bitter cold feel at the moment. Maybe its my age but man I'm really feeling it these days, even with the heating on I'm struggling to get the heat in to me.

Not just you,this is the coldest I've remembered it being since 2018 and Storm Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,402 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've just wet snow.
    We were having ham for our dinner Today and in Aldi last night I saw a bit of turkey and we made stuffing also! I decided to go all out for the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was going to go out for a walk today but after spending 10 mins outside in the shed gathering firewood I'll give it a break today. The windchill is bitingly cold. Reckon I'll work on my writing with a hot chocolate by the fiire. Keep warm all and don't go out unless you have to! Mind yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DenMan wrote: »
    I was going to go out for a walk today but after spending 10 mins outside in the shed gathering firewood I'll give it a break today. The windchill is bitingly cold. Reckon I'll work on my writing with a hot chocolate by the fiire. Keep warm all and don't go out unless you have to! Mind yourselves.

Just back from my lunchtime walk with the doggo, wow that wind chill really is something else, so cold! Phone says feels like -5 I believe it, glad I went now that I'm back home in the warmth!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Still snowing here and it’s staying :) A real Christmas feel to the place :) Collected new doggie today aswell so he is my present to myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Oh Autosport, he is gorgeous! Have you a name picked?

nightie wrote: »
    Oh Autosport, he is gorgeous! Have you a name picked?

Alfie :) He is so adorable and so placid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

A beautiful name! My lady here is sitting on my lap. She has been the best company during lockdown. Alfie has landed on his feet with you! All the best for the both of ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Nice Autosport.

I always wanted a dog however my wife is not a fan.

Autosport wrote: »
    Still snowing here and it’s staying :) A real Christmas feel to the place :) Collected new doggie today aswell so he is my present to myself :D

I LOVE him!!

Congrats!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Oh Autosport! Hes just the cutest! Love him... Dogs are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What a gorgeous dog and the perfect name!

Finally snowing here in D15 but teeny tiny flakes...I miss proper snow, maybe not as much as we had in 2010 but at least snow you can clearly see as snow!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations on the new arrival, Autosport. :D

Thank you all :) He is now snuggled on the couch beside me :) When we were leaving another dog was dropped off and she was gorgeous, a German shepherd/Labrador mix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Gorgeous doggy, Autosport :)

Made it home from work ok, and I'm stunned at all the snow! Went outside and made a snowman as soon as I changed from my work uniform. The dog is having a great time, she's never seen proper snow before. Hope everyone is warm and safe!

Ah Alfie is a dote! Love seeing everyone's pets on here :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not fair!! I want my snow!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Made it home from work ok, and I'm stunned at all the snow! Went outside and made a snowman as soon as I changed from my work uniform. The dog is having a great time, she's never seen proper snow before. Hope everyone is warm and safe!

Ah Alfie is a dote! Love seeing everyone's pets on here :)

Extremely jealous.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Autosport wrote: »

Gorgeous dog :)

Posy wrote: »
    Not fair!! I want my snow!!! :(

Me too :(

The wind is something else. I am grateful I’m inside on a night like tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Aww Autosport, Alfie is adorable

From one Alfie to another, here's my Alfie on his Birthday two weeks ago :D

https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p320x320/143647804_3825227070871294_3472578423822516458_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=t5IGaNc09p8AX_lHUZk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=b68db18b165c84a13d96f9a55c993c36&oe=604A2CFD

Not much on the snow front around my way bit of light flutters on the roads/grass when walking Alfie in the mornings, but melts just as quick. It's his first introduction to the snow too since i adopted him, and he's been loving rolling in whatever white he can find on the walks, so can't wait to watch him experience it when the heavy snow arrives.

Alexa said we are due snow tonight. Her weather predictions have been a bit patchy so not holding my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ah, no snow here either, Wexford.

Nothing here so far either. Kids very disappointed.

Nice bright morning here though, beats the gloomy grey sky we've had of late. Still bitterly cold though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Giget your Alfie is gorgeous too :) He slept well last night but I kept waking up to make sure he was ok :) He doesn’t seem to mind the snow :D

The sun is absolutely beaming into my home office here, its fantastic. Its almost like the weather knows its Friday!!
    Hopefully it stays like that so I can finish up a little early (try to finish at 4pm of a Friday) & get out for a walk with the family.
    Have been sat indoors since Saturday when I did the grocery shopping & could use some fresh air, even if that air is minus 5 or suchlike :)

• Advertisement

Sun trying to break through here. With you on the finishing early and get out for some fresh air. A bit of a stretch in the evening now which is great. The long summer days are not far away (positive vibes today).

Advertisement