Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Anywho I had pancakes twice at the weekend (bob's redmill gluten free ones) with maple bacon. So what's everyone's topping?

I'm a lemon/Sugar kind of man.

On the weekend I had pancakes with bacon and maple syrup on them, yum!!

I would love to do Nutella but I can't have a jar in my house unless I want to sit there with a spoon and go to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I bought Nutella and usually have that problem but I found a recipe for Nutella shortbread that just uses Nutella, flour and milk that I'm going to try to use up the excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

If you like Nutella have you tried Cadbury’s chocolate, I have it for pancakes for tomorrow aswell as lemon and sugar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just sugar and lemon for me :D My dad makes the best pancakes and it's crap not being able to call down for them :( I have not inherited his skill so it'll be shop bought for us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Lemon & sugar for me, when I bother, i usually leave them for the kids. We did them on Saturday morning for brekkie & the kids devoured them, With nutella might I add!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,402 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I normally put sugar and lemon on them.

However I got cinnamon sugar at Aldi this year to try on a few.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How dare you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I normally put sugar and lemon on them.

Sounds good! I love cinnamon so would love to try that sugar with stewed apples. Yum!

Lemon and sugar... also love golden syrup on them for that extra sugar high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I make pancakes every Saturday morning for the family. We have various different colour food colouring so they take it in turns to pick what colour pancakes they want. Similar to DvB I usually leave them to the kids and wife however if I do have one I like peanut butter on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Nutella and peanut butter for me.
    I don't mind butter and sugar but I find the lemon ghastly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭DenMan

I have to say guys I've never really liked pancakes myself. When I was younger we'd have them with sugar sprinkled on top and lemon juice over. Nowadays when we have them I prefer them on their own with no toppings at all. They're nice with spaghetti bolognese as you can dip them into it. I'm happy with them plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Another lemon & sugar fan here, although aside from the pancake mix, I also picked up a packet of the ready made pancakes to heat up & a jar of Lotus Biscoff Biscuit spread to go on top.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got a packet of the ready made crepe style ones in Tesco to supplement the 'real' pancakes I'll be having tomorrow.

My favourite fillings are jam, and nutella/strawberries. :)

Posy wrote: »
    I got a packet of the ready made crepe style ones in Tesco to supplement the 'real' pancakes I'll be having tomorrow.

My favourite fillings are jam, and nutella/strawberries. :)

Our kids love nutella, they also like fresh strawberries with that whipped cream from a can... though this year said they'd settle for just Nutella!!

Normally when we make them they tend to be thicker than the shop bought crepe ones, but on Saturday we had managed to get them quite thin so fingers crossed we can repeat that for them tomorrow evening! I dread to think of the reaction if we dont :eek:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭appledrop

DenMan wrote: »
    I have to say guys I've never really liked pancakes myself. When I was younger we'd have them with sugar sprinkled on top and lemon juice over.

Den man thank god I'm not the only one! Have no interest in pancakes, never did but its tradition to have one or two tomorrow so I will but only with lemon and sugar.

In great form today, great to have a break from work and it was so mild we had a great time in park and even had a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

..However I got cinnamon sugar at Aldi this year to try on a few.

Some people just want to watch the world burn! I genuinely thought yesterday was Tuesday, hence my question about the toppings. I even logged on to a family zoom call which we have Tuesday night and was pee'd no one showed for until my OH told me what day it was.

Booked in for the astra zeneca vaccine on the 27th.

Some people just want to watch the world burn! I genuinely thought yesterday was Tuesday, hence my question about the toppings. I even logged on to a family zoom call which we have Tuesday night and was pee'd no one showed for until my OH told me what day it was.

I do that all the time these days Jude. It's a bit like groundhog day for me so regularly get my days mixed up!

Good to hear about the vaccine. Will that make much of a difference for you? what you can do day to day etc?

Suspect you'll be the first in here to get vaccinated Jude. Nice one.

Congrats! Make sure you're well hydrated on the day of your vaccine :)

Ah the hope this gives me is something else, there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

• Advertisement

Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone!! :)

DvB wrote: »
    Suspect you'll be the first in here to get vaccinated Jude. Nice one.

Do lurkers count? :D

Do lurkers count? :D

You're not a lurker at this stage :)

When did you get yours? Congrats :)

Loughc wrote: »
    You're not a lurker at this stage :)

When did you get yours? Congrats :)

I'm fully vaccinated as of just last week :)

Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone!
    I forgot this morning so will have some later.

I'm fully vaccinated as of just last week :)

Thats brilliant Eskie, great news!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone!! :)

A group of my mates on whatsapp were last night discussing how many of their elderly parents etc. have gotten appointments for their vaccines this week and it was such a positive boost to hear of people we knew starting to get looked after. It might be a slower process than we'd all like, but we'll get there and its a look at the better days to come.

Maybe it's the fact, it's no longer raining or windy, maybe it's the fact it's brighter for longer or maybe the fact it's February and not January but I am feeling way more positive this week than last. I really feel like this will be the year we will get back to normal.

I don't like Boris Johnson but I do like his approach with their 3rd lockdown at the moment, he said it's going to be their last and while it might last for a bit longer and they will be slow to re-open everything together, once a restriction is lifted it is irreversable so they won't be closing again, which is great news for their pub/hotel trade once they get the green light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Pancake Tuesday!
    Little man had his first ever pancakes this morning. Gave him sugar and lemon, he loved them!!:D

Delighted to hear of people being vaccinated...it's the positivity we need!! :)

Looks like the rain is on it's way here. Glad we got out for a walk earlier.

Oh how did I forget, another injured one to add to the list. Have awful lower left back pain since last night...get it on and off, especially since having my son. Trying to take it easy but he's not getting any easier to lift these days!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday :)

DvB wrote: »
    A group of my mates on whatsapp were last night discussing how many of their elderly parents etc. have gotten appointments for their vaccines this week and it was such a positive boost to hear of people we knew starting to get looked after. It might be a slower process than we'd all like, but we'll get there and its a look at the better days to come.

My folks are in the over 70s group so hopefully will be getting their first shot soon. Once they are fully vaccinated I will feel a lot better.

We are going to book a house in Ireland somewhere for a week in July, once Elf 1 is finished school to take them away. Will give them something to look forward to :)

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    My folks are in the over 70s group so hopefully will be getting their first shot soon. Once they are fully vaccinated I will feel a lot better.

We are going to book a house in Ireland somewhere for a week in July, once Elf 1 is finished school to take them away. Will give them something to look forward to :)

My folks are in the group too, good point, once they are vaccinated and travel opens up, I will feel so much happier about travelling down to them.

Advertisement