Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads i have played 30 rivals matches, ranked 1st and all that, am i locked in for that rank now the 30 games are over or can i still drop to 2nd, only bought the game the other day,

It feels very similar to last years version, i love the ai defender blocks where they stand on 1 leg and block with the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lads i have played 30 rivals matches, ranked 1st and all that, am i locked in for that rank now the 30 games are over or can i still drop to 2nd, only bought the game the other day,

It feels very similar to last years version, i love the ai defender blocks where they stand on 1 leg and block with the other

how many points ?

chips1234 wrote: »
    how many points ?

Im thinking thats not the way it works

Im thinking thats not the way it works

it depends on division, but i think you should be ok for rank one given that majority arent gonna play all rivals games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Bought two Laportes yesterday for 418k, he's up to 540k now, ching ching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Hogey, Blazer, Jayo ......... Alright then Osmosis too, kopite ye :):)

All solid, knowledgeable connoisseurs of the game.

Would You recommend? Fourteen past twelve o'clock here, I'm wavering .....

I know of the connection issues, is it better at least in some ways?

Talk dirty to me

I’m 50/50 on it.
    I’ve just discovered over the top balls are back with a vengeance in the higher divisions so now need to pull back my defence a fair bit to combat this.
    I am enjoying the gameplay a lot better this year though but I’m playing it strictly casual this year.
    I’ve played 3 WL games and might go to 6 today but that will be basically it although they’ll probably extend it to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

They didn't extend the entry time for WL after last night??

they have extended it to monday already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Liamalone wrote: »
    Hogey, Blazer, Jayo ......... Alright then Osmosis too, kopite ye :):)

All solid, knowledgeable connoisseurs of the game.

Would You recommend? Fourteen past twelve o'clock here, I'm wavering .....

I know of the connection issues, is it better at least in some ways?

Talk dirty to me

Don’t do it man, we seen first hand how bad the game was over the last couple of years and how greedy ea have become.
    From everything I’ve read on here, Reddit etc this game has been an absolute sh!t show from day 1.

If it’s this bad a month in it really doesn’t look good for the full cycle. But as per usual, they’ll gloss over that with super cards in packs like that new Harry Kane that you can fire money at.

Buy table top racers if on PS4 for €5 in ps store and knock some craic out of that and if you get a football craving just fire back up fifa 20,

The craving goes away again very quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Agreed. Night night.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Bought two Laportes yesterday for 418k, he's up to 540k now, ching ching

Extinct now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Extinct now.

Crazy when Van Djik whose card is twice as good is available for over 100k less! :eek:

I suppose Laporte does provide the French link to Varane and Mendy but still.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Crazy when Van Djik whose card is twice as good is available for over 100k less! :eek:

I suppose Laporte does provide the French link to Varane and Mendy but still.

Exactly why I invested, waited till he hit near enough his lowest then bought two, should make a hefty big of profit when/if they update his price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

French managers currently extinct on PS @ 5k if anyone has any. Not too sure about other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

French managers currently extinct on PS @ 5k if anyone has any. Not too sure about other platforms.

Same with Brazilian ones. Insta selling for 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Has the weekend league been extended until Monday ?

Won 11 WL games in a row this morning, now cant win a match, lost 8 in a row, just meeting unbelievable keepers, well Areola mostly, he is saving everything, time for a break til tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

GavK wrote: »
    Has the weekend league been extended until Monday ?

Yes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

9-11.

Two of those losses are games I had to quit when stuff came up in the real world.

So need 5-5 which isn't hard but not easy. Just decisively average.

Cashed in on Laporte, EA will bring out more promo packs soon and probably increase his pack weight so happy to take the coins.

Bought for 836,000
    Sold for 1,100,000

Profit after EA tax - 209,000.

• Advertisement

Laporte back down to 520000 and still dropping.
    Could invest again depending how low he goes.

Laporte back down to 520000 and still dropping.
    Could invest again depending how low he goes.

they are hammering out the promo packs for fun, there is 21 of him up on xbox market atm, if supply keeps coming i can see him going below 450k around the usual slump time of 2am.

i did a thing and realised i could afford mbappe if i got rid of vvd IF ben yedder alisson and rashford so we running this soon in weekend league

5a1dc3dff8ad466a5091b60ad3a4ce39.jpg

Came up against a fella in a division higher than me, about 120 points higher... not entirely sure what’s up with this matchmaking. Lost 5-4 to a 92nd winner where my RB was playing in midfield despite instructions being set on stay back.

Came up against a fella in a division higher than me... not entirely sure what’s up with this matchmaking. Lost 5-4 to a 92nd winner where my RB was playing in midfield despite instructions being set on stay back.

there is people in higher divisions still from the placement matches that shouldnt be there imo, the amount of times i've come up against someone and during the game thought he was a good 2-300 rating below me and then seeing him above 2kSR is hilarious. I am guessing they just havent played enough matches since placement games to be relegated/dont want to be relegated so they can say they are div 1/div 2 or whatever when they complain about losing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cashed in my icons and dropped Ben Yedder for Aub and Aguero up front and splashed out on VVD.
    Christ he’s even better this year.
    No way can I drop him now.
    Need to strengthen midfield alright.

chips1234 wrote: »
    there is people in higher divisions still from the placement matches that shouldnt be there imo, the amount of times i've come up against someone and during the game thought he was a good 2-300 rating below me and then seeing him above 2kSR is hilarious. I am guessing they just havent played enough matches since placement games to be relegated/dont want to be relegated so they can say they are div 1/div 2 or whatever when they complain about losing :D

Yeah I’m not too sure about the matchmaking this year... not the first time I’ve come up against people in higher divisions.

Got in Rodrigo yday for 17k and only got to play today and christ he’s unreal. I can see the hype now.. 7 games, 10 goals and 4 assists. Him and Hamez at CAM are tearing it up. Wide CAMs aren’t doing enough but that’s normal for me in a 4231.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Decided to get in Kante before playing my WL games.

Swapped out partey for him and dropped Aubameyang and Bale.

Replaced them with Lucas moura and put ben yedder back in.

6 wins from 7 games and my only loss so far was on penalties. Kante really is head and shoulders above every other midfielder I have used. Lucas feels so much better then Bale its not even funny.

But I have introduced one small issue for some reason the game decides to put Lucas near post defending corners. Is it possible to change players positioning for defensive set pieces? I just know thats going to cost me at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Played my 5 placement games, ended up in division 5. Actually feel a bit more comfortable in 21 than 20. Slipped to div6 because I had to quit a game, but for straight back up. Played about 10 games and won 6 of them, all close bar one where I was beaten 6-1 despite dominating the game. I love when everyone has a similar squad at the start. Makes it more fun. The agueros do pose a challenge when you come up against a stacked squad but the lethal finishing doesn't seem to be as strong and you can soak up a bit of pressure before surging up the wing , shipping a ball in and nodding it home. Games play out a bit better I think.

My team so far attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

dmigsy wrote: »
    My sweaty, sweaty team for the weekend. 99 Pace and Acceleration all across the front four. Keane and Fabinho a wall in midfield. Watch me do worse than last weekend!

image.png

Scrapped this plan because I was shipping a lot of goals. Sold Keane and Werner and brought in Walker, VVD, Robertson and Allan. Much better. Might end up buying Werner again - I liked him but I do like POTM Calvert-Lewin too.

7-3 in WL so far. Will be happy with anything better than 15 wins.

Advertisement