Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Came up against a guy using Bday Adama... my god, I got violated. And he was using him as a CAM in 4222. Might have to get him in next... phenomenal card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Started playing at 11pm, Gameplay has been really smooth.

Currently 14-3 and really enjoying the games this week. Last few games have been very tight.

No complaints about the 3 games I lost. The last one is going to haunt me though as I put Neres clean through in the last minute with loads of time and space. I tried to go past the keeper to the side and he got a finger to it. I could have chipped or cut on to my other foot and finessed to equalise. A case of having too much time and too many options I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just lost about ninety million games in a row there, connection man be bad just for that NINETY MILLION games that I happened to play. Rawwwrr, rawwwrr. I hate EA. Rawwwrr

Repetitive, this forum has got.

Reality: I got beat twice in a row.

Real reality: up to 12pts in Division 18 here, lost two in a row, doing well. I hate EA Rawwwrr.

NOT MY FAULT I LOST!

.,.. ........ Hold on..,.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Just lost about ninety million games in a row there, connection man be bad just for that NINETY MILLION games that I happened to play. Rawwwrr, rawwwrr. I hate EA. Rawwwrr

Repetitive, this forum has got.

Reality: I got beat twice in a row.

Real reality: up to 12pts in Division 18 here, lost two in a row, doing well. I hate EA Rawwwrr.

NOT MY FAULT I LOST!

.,.. ........ Hold on..,.....

lol Liam....you must have been out clubbing and came back afterwards for fifa time :D
    Man I used to hate that...you play a game after getting home for a few hours and then you pop back on later on that night and go huh...I don't remember coming this far in the game" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I was wrong, only got beat ninety four times, miscounted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Finally reached the 1m coins milestone, well 1m and 3 coins to be exact - is there anything costing 3 coins so I can sit on a nice round 1m? :)-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Prime Lineker from my icon swaps pack, not great is it . . .

RedRochey wrote: »
    Prime Lineker from my icon swaps pack, not great is it . . .

Nope, not great at all. Fodder really,

Finally some decent icon SBCs - Dalglish, Essien and Del P. Not sure on the cost but at least they’re quite good cards.

Finally some decent icon SBCs - Dalglish, Essien and Del P. Not sure on the cost but at least they’re quite good cards.

RISE MY IFs..RISE!!!’

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    RISE MY IFs..RISE!!!’

Hennessey at 17k... once he hits 20-22k, I’m cashing out for a nice 10k profit on each card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmmmm. If the teams leave the PL and other big competitions get booted to form the ESL, I’d imagine that’s the death of FIFA too, isn’t it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmmmm. If the teams leave the PL and other big competitions get booted to form the ESL, I’d imagine that’s the death of FIFA too, isn’t it....

But if all super teams were in the same league player/team chemistry would no longer be an issue :p

But if all super teams were in the same league player/team chemistry would no longer be an issue :p

I’d actually love that... a proper “ultimate team”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

EA will find a way. FIFA 23 ***New Feature*** Dynamic Chemistry - Player Chemistry links change depending on how well players get on. eg If Neymar doesn't @ Mbappe on social media for >10 days, link will go from green to red.

Finished on 15 wins which is my usual ceiling, not sure to be happy with that or not

Came up against some weird teams, looked like people sold their teams and were using untradable cards but I would've thought most people would still have good untradable teams, these were mostly golds

Standard amount of stupid goals to concede, but my main issue was just responsiveness, players taking ages to turn or pass or they not even registering that the ball is near them and just standing there

Think I lost my last 3 games plus got a disconnect so missed out on the extra player pick plus Gold 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210418-230041-FUT-Track.jpg

Back to 17 wins this week, Neres was loads of fun and a great partner upfront for Messi, i found my goals are spread out more then usual. Conceded loads more goals then niormal but been playing with my defence up to the max just to see if i can get used to it in long term.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Standard amount of stupid goals to concede, but my main issue was just responsiveness, players taking ages to turn or pass or they not even registering that the ball is near them and just standing there

Just copy and paste this for me. All the smooth gameplay I got last night doesn't matter because as expected the delay was there all day today. Got my customary 20 wins and hated every minute of it. Literally everything that worked today for me was luck and completely unintended.

Until EA fix the servers & lag compensation I will never be able to improve. Think its time to start playing other games again.

Decided to hit 14 and just quit any game I fell behind in. Took me about 6 games before I got my last win.

FEA526-AF-AD3-B-4-EE0-A7-ED-6-CA1-EFC9-FCBD.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Stopping at 17 wins, barely had the will to play after 11. Didn’t enjoy this weekend league at all.

85-B240-A2-7721-4-A5-E-A431-F09-C181376-AB.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

10 and 16 wins picks...

81 Seferovic
    82 Orban
    81 Khazri

76 Gudino
    86 Banega
    81 Seferovic
    76 Koylanski

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

8-7 I finished on. Only had time for that but thought I was doing quite well! First time in 3 months.

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Stopped at 16 for the second red pick. Literally the worst, heaviest gameplay I've experienced since getting into Fifa again just over a year ago. Don't mind the odd bad game but this time it was literally every game. EA are all bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Servers being terrible this weekend makes no sense. Would love to know player numbers. I'd say it was a fraction of what usually plays a minimum of 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got 22-8, one day I'll get that 23rd win...

For the red picks I got 81, 81, 86. Pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Very surprised that IF fodder has barely risen much at all despite, in fairness to EA, some good content over the last week.

I'll wait and see if there's any content this evening, but if not I might just cash them all out for a small profit and buy a few players I want before Friday as their price has dropped massively in recent days!

BrentMused wrote: »
    Very surprised that IF fodder has barely risen much at all despite, in fairness to EA, some good content over the last week.

I'll wait and see if there's any content this evening, but if not I might just cash them all out for a small profit and buy a few players I want before Friday as their price has dropped massively in recent days!

Ya my IFs haven't changed much at all, there's just so much supply of them

Think I can get sell out now and break even, might do that just because I'm sick of the sight of them just sitting there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,680 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

it seems every week for the past few i have gotten some IFs in my rivals rewards, so thats probably why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

How can servers be poor for some peoole and not for others.... I could count on one hand how many times ive beej kicked out if a game or experienced lag on this years fifa.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Servers being terrible this weekend makes no sense. Would love to know player numbers. I'd say it was a fraction of what usually plays a minimum of 10 games.

I assume the problem is now since they use AWS they can scale down the number of servers based on their projected number of players. So even when the player base is low they will lower the number of servers in use to save costs but they always under estimate how much server capacity they require.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    How can servers be poor for some peoole and not for others.... I could count on one hand how many times ive beej kicked out if a game or experienced lag on this years fifa.

This is the problem, its not about getting disconnected. That basically never happens and the lag is not as visible as previous years as they utilize lag compensation. So instead of visible lag the game looks normal but your players don't respond the way they should.

The common examples of it are:
    • Passes are under and over hit dramatically by players with 99 passing & vision under no pressure.
    • Your players range of Left stick turning feels far more restricted.
    • Players step out of position incorrectly, to cut off passing lanes or anticipate interception opportunities that don't make sense.
    • Skill Moves fail to execute correctly
    • RB/R1 dribbling does respond correctly
    • Player switching is delayed and sometimes switching to less ideal defenders.
    • Players who are closer to the ball and should be favorites to pick up lose possession don't react.
    • Players don't jostle even when you are right on top of the player in possession, in situations where you would normally take possession or have the player under pressure.
    • Timing of headers is off
    • Extremely difficult to apply pressure to your opponents (down to reduced speed and range of movement)
    • Acceleration and Sprint Speed of players seems to be reduced. (Players with 99 Acc & SS getting outpaced by players with 85 Acc & SS in a straight footrace for the ball)

I'm sure there are more too, but those are some of the most impacting. So you can see why people pull there hair out. When you are playing against top skill players you can't compensate for all of that. It is also really clear that most times your opponent is able to play the game normally as you can see they are able to do things so much quicker then you.

Most people don't notice or think its just bad luck or high pressure etc. But when you are playing at the higher levels with and against god tier squads its really obvious when it happens because a single player out of position or misplaced pass or mistimed run has a huge impact and can be the difference between winning and losing.

Advertisement