Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

BrentMused wrote: »
    Twice this weekend I was through on goal at 0-0, hacked down in the box for a penalty with my opponent being reduced to 10 men, and they pulled the plug before the penalty could be taken resulting in the game not counting.

How has that still not been addressed?

It should be classed the same as quitting whilst losing surely?

Had the same thing happen to me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its incredibly frustrating. It should always be a loss for the person who disconnects if a penalty has been conceded or the player is down to 10 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Parawind wrote: »
    Had the same thing happen to me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its incredibly frustrating. It should always be a loss for the person who disconnects if a penalty has been conceded or the player is down to 10 men.

It should always be a loss if you disconnect, unless it's a problem with the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Only played 3 games this weekend and servers have been absolutely rancid. Only way to play in the mud is by spamming a high press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I'd love to see them do something with stopping the ability to play full backs as CB's for next year's game.

Same with having a starting midfield full of players like Mbappe and Ronaldo as CDM's with the position modifiers.

IMO blocking the ability to do the above or killing the chemistry for players doing that would make things much better.

Maybe I'm just bitter though because I'll never have such a squad :pac:

What are your thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'd love to see them do something with stopping the ability to play full backs as CB's for next year's game.

Same with having a starting midfield full of players like Mbappe and Ronaldo as CDM's with the position modifiers.

IMO blocking the ability to do the above or killing the chemistry for players doing that would make things much better.

What are your thoughts?

Ive only adopted the idea this weekend, i love it but its not a game changer. My attacking is so much better but im not conceding any less goals im just conceding different goals. Im not as good on crosses but my interceptions in the box is better and long passes up to the attackers are just killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Definitely. CBs now seem to be largely irrelevant. It's better have a pacey full back there than the vast majority of CBs. I just played against a back five, all of them were fullbacks.

They need to make it so full backs (unless they really do play CB IRL), get screwed over by chemistry. Tired of playing against Freeze Adama and Future Stars Reece James as CBs.

I just lost a game 6-5.....5 of his goals were absolute horse-sh*t.

Goal 1, Mardona glitches past a defender on the edge of my box. He then fake shots and beats another defender through that crappy mechanic where the defender glitches between attacker and the ball. The defender doesn't lock on to the ball despite it being literally at his feet.

Goal 2, Freeze Dembele glitches past TOTY Ramos

Goal 3, Mardonna is directly behind Varane, he presses the tackle button, doesn't get any where near the ball, my Varane goes flying like he's been rugby tackled from behind. No foul. Goal.

Goal 4, good play by him

Goal 5, I win the ball, but it seems to "lock on" to one of his players and arrows straight to him 20 yards away. He passes it to Freeze Dembele who glitches past TOTY Ramos again.

Goal 6, Bruno decided to play the ball backwards to Mardonna when I was aiming forward to Mbappe, in the 120th minute of extra time.

And next game, 2-0 up after 18 minutes but he gets a random peno with his first attack. I have no idea what for, his player just shot at my CB when he was off balance and just did that thing where he naturally falls over after shooting. Apparently it was a foul even though literally nobody touched him. My Mbappe clean through three times when it's 2-1 and he shoots it like he's got 40 finishing each time.

Got the win anyway, but Jaysus, time to turn off the console. It's definitely that run of games where it feels like you are "supposed" to lose. In reality, it's just down to the game engine being rubbish I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

What are your thoughts?

I feel like I am in the tiny minority who refuse to play full backs at CB. There are just too many stupidly overpowered full backs. Its crazy that they haven't buffed heading from corners for players over 6'2" or something that would get people using CB pretty quickly.

The problem with it is not only do they benefit from the extra speed and agility when defending, but they also have great dribbling, ball control and passing so it is even more difficult to press them when they have the ball.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Only played 3 games this weekend and servers have been absolutely rancid. Only way to play in the mud is by spamming a high press.

I played my rivals games today, then took a break for a few hours and came back to play 11 of my WL games (currently sitting at 8-3) and I don't think I had a decent server connection all day. Its controller breaking levels of frustrating even when I am winning, players are doing about 50% of what I am instructing them to do. Win or lose I honestly don't care at this point but just let me play the game the way its suppose to play.

I persisted with Cruyff for about 10 more games this morning but he was completely worthless when the connection is this bad, I don't think I ever got to see the true player which is a shame. So I sold him and went out and got PIM Puskas instead and he definitely has felt better. Again hard to tell how good he is in this type of gameplay, doesn't feel like a huge upgrade over his other cards but the improved heading is very noticeable. Will probably sell him and get his Mid after the weekend as the coin outlay just isn't justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Parawind wrote: »

I persisted with Cruyff for about 10 more games this morning but he was completely worthless when the connection is this bad, I don't think I ever got to see the true player which is a shame. So I sold him and went out and got PIM Puskas instead and he definitely has felt better. Again hard to tell how good he is in this type of gameplay, doesn't feel like a huge upgrade over his other cards but the improved heading is very noticeable. Will probably sell him and get his Mid after the weekend as the coin outlay just isn't justified.

Get his prime. It’s dropped 800k since I bought it and it’s only about 2-300k more than his mid.
    Seems to back up a bit and the mid has dropped so it’s about 500k now.
    Better off with the mid then.
    The only reason I wanted the prime was that it was a unused card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

What are your thoughts?

I do both of these :pac:

I like the position changes, a bit of a puzzle as to how to fit your best players in the team on max chem does keep things interesting.

Instead of stopping us play certain players in certain positions, they need to make CBs actually usable. There's no downside to not playing with CBs at the moment. IRL CBs are CBs because they either have physical or mental attributes that make them suited to the position. Few of these attributes make much difference in Fifa. The defending stats in FIFA for defenders breakdown into "getting to the ball" stats and "what can be done when I get there" stats.

Getting to the ball (interceptions, def awareness, Acceleration, Sprint speed)
    Pace stats are the only thing that matters here. WTF are the "Interceptions" and "Def awareness" stats for? -> eg Throughballs. A CB won't read it and position to intercept better than a FB. A quicker FB might be able to recover though.

What can be done when I get there (Jumping, Strength, Aggression,Heading acc, Stand Tackle, Sliding Tackle)
    All completely irrelevant if you can't get to the attacker/ball. Sure, nice to have if you have enough pace but so few CBs in the game do.

Forcing us to use slower players (actual CBs) at CB would do a couple of things -> skyrocket the price of any pacy CB and see players spamming through-balls/directional nut-meg even more. Sounds like fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I use Varane and Todibo. Don't really find their pace to be an issue tbh and I use 7 depth

AdamD wrote: »
    I use Varane and Todibo. Don't really find their pace to be an issue tbh and I use 7 depth

I thought the same until I tried using FBs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Only last week i tried using showdown Klaiber and What if Berchiche as CB's in a 352 formation because i was facing teams with full backs at CB, didnt really make much difference to be honest, still conceded those stupid goals where the ball pings around off 2 or 3 players and drops ever so accurately at the only attacker free in the box to score

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

I'm in div 2 and using gomez and thaigo silvas otw find him brilliant always seems to be in the right place and never gets caught outta position used van dijk and varane but always go back to silva

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like playing fullbacks at CB now because it lets me play a more adventurous style tbh.

Having two small but pacy full backs as CBs means I can play a higher line, and since everyone prioritizes pacy attackers, I have to prioritize pacy defenders. If I get caught on counters, I’m not watching my slow defenders chasing thin air.

The counter to this, from EAs point of view, is to finally figure out how to make pace less important overall. Strikers who are tall and world class in real life, like Kane or Benzema, are rarely ever used. I rarely ever have to worry about coming up against anything other than pace so FBs are the counter.

Either they make slower strikers more viable, or they level up CBs at the pace they do attackers and fullbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Talking of CBS, if anyone is doing the Pastore objective and need a low rated CB card then Tomori is decent - 80 pace and 4* Weak foot, so you can play him as left or right CB.

Zipped through all the objectives for Pastore with only 5 wins needed and Tomori has been pretty solid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So i played a couple of WL games there, 352 formation, Van Bergen and Hazard on basic defense support, when i was defending, they both decided for some reason to accupy the CDM positions with Kroos and De Jong and left me wide open down the wings, i somehow managed to win both games, dont know how as my opponent should have clearly seen the wings wide open, any of ye lads have this happen to ye?

10-2 so far. Took Luke Shaw as the red pick. Could have been worse. He's still probably going into a champs premium upgrade though.

CR7 with an amazing flying backheel for his hattrick in the 10th win.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

WL has been a disaster this weekend. I’ve been matched up with people with 5-6 icons every single game. I’m currently 7-15 which is easily my worst record in weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Playing Managerial Masterpiece fo the first time in. Bit, and wow, it’s so petty.

If I score first, I never get anyone doing golden goal.

If they score first, I get people celebrating, pausing, etc. quitting if I equalize. Its the worst parts of golden goal with none of the perks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Playing Managerial Masterpiece fo the first time in. Bit, and wow, it’s so petty.

If I score first, I never get anyone doing golden goal.

If they score first, I get people celebrating, pausing, etc. quitting if I equalize. Its the worst parts of golden goal with none of the perks....

I’ve been playing it the past couple of days finishing Benedetto and now doing Pastore. Golden Goal is largely dead, you still get a few doing it but there are so many objectives at the moment which requires, goals, assists, finesse goals, long range goals and the Milestone foundations requires playing 18 games so people are just hanging about trying to do something.

Did have one guy last night who sent me about 6 messages, pausing twice before the game started begging me to quit and just give him the win as he was close to Neves. So didn’t even want golden goal more golden win

I needed a win so just played without answering, went 2 up, he didn’t quit, I eventually lost 5-6 which was fair enough and sent him a message saying didn’t it feel better to have earned the win rather than getting it through begging me to quit! No reply, probably moved on to the next opponent begging again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Have Bellerin league player as right back ATM , was thinking of rrtf cancelo or someone, anyone have him?I'm probably as well off it save for Reece james

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

dmigsy wrote: »
    10-2 so far. Took Luke Shaw as the red pick. Could have been worse. He's still probably going into a champs premium upgrade though.

Poor Luke, he’s the only player I want from the pick :(

Done for the weekend. CBA going for the 16 wins. My team is good but the quality of so many teams out there is ridiculous. Played against TOTY Mbappe (6.5M!) and / or Eusebio (>3.5M) in each of the last 6 games.

image.png

That Prime Icon pack is pretty cheap

Can't wait to pack TOTW Ronaldo in my red picks this week who will be a 96 rated :cool:

AdamD wrote: »
    That Prime Icon pack is pretty cheap

Yeah completely agree, it's coming in around 650k and the mid/prime a couple of weeks ago was north of a million so this one is very reasonable.

That said I just watched Haber open 20 of them and there's only 2 I'd have been really happy with (Butra and Rio).

Plenty of the likes of Wright, Lineker, Pires and Veron cropping up.

I got Schmeichel, probably a sign to stop playing the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭nerd69

Yeah completely agree, it's coming in around 650k and the mid/prime a couple of weeks ago was north of a million so this one is very reasonable.

That said I just watched Haber open 20 of them and there's only 2 I'd have been really happy with (Butra and Rio).

Plenty of the likes of Wright, Lineker, Pires and Veron cropping up.

The one a few weeks back was an icon pick in fairness

Advertisement