Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Changed my mind on Ballack, he’s definitely class. Scored some very important goals for me as well. Himself and Stones pair very well together , think I’ll trade in Kante’s card towards Ballack.
    But then again that prime sbc is tempting me.
    I see Auzio opening a few and they were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So i played a couple of WL games there, 352 formation, Van Bergen and Hazard on basic defense support, when i was defending, they both decided for some reason to accupy the CDM positions with Kroos and De Jong and left me wide open down the wings, i somehow managed to win both games, dont know how as my opponent should have clearly seen the wings wide open, any of ye lads have this happen to ye?

So played another couple of games to pass the time and same craic again, this time i set Van Bergen to stay forward and 1st game there he is, middle of my box defending, and gave away a pen to, WL wins/losses dont matter as i dont normally play WL but honestly how could this happen, ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My best weekend league in terms of fun had and was pretty confertable all weekend i had no major hammering received and dished out loads.

Fati again is just unbelievable how good he is another 50 plus weekend and over 100 goals scored and two games not played.

Screenshot-20210314-221610-FUT-Track.jpg[/url]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Just give me Shaw EA!!! :mad::mad:

16 wins pick

81 Jo Hyeon Woo (he was in every red pick I had)
    83 Kaderabek
    79 Maclaren
    86 Zahavi (why weren't you Luke Shaw??)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

10-2 so far.

Both of my loses were really, really poor...felt I got shafted in both games after dominating. It seems like the level is much lower than usual, have had quite a few comfortable games which rarely happens. Normally in the first three games I feel like I face someone above 2100 SR, nevermind after that. I rarely find it gets more difficult after X amount of games as it always feels difficult :pac:

Icon moments Schmeichel is definitely a win. He's a huge upgrade on Ter Stegen. He made at least one save in most games. Had two unexpected saves, one where I was 110% certain the other guy was going to score. I don't think that like, he will constantly save things, but it's nice that I feel like I do have a goalkeeper now. Ter Stegen felt like he might as well not have been playing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Goretzka from my wl plus 10 win pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

v3ttel wrote: »
    Icon moments Schmeichel is definitely a win. He's a huge upgrade on Ter Stegen. He made at least one save in most games. Had two unexpected saves, one where I was 110% certain the other guy was going to score. I don't think that like, he will constantly save things, but it's nice that I feel like I do have a goalkeeper now. Ter Stegen felt like he might as well not have been playing at all.

I know for the most part with FIFA that keepers are completely subjective, but good God he was utter, utter turd for me.

Played 10 games with him and I just had enough. The worst "elite" GK I have used in any version of FIFA.

I'm still kicking myself 4 days later for wasting fodder on his SBC. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

68-CC7459-B199-4181-87-FC-AC8-A8-DD461-F8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

stuchyg wrote: »
    Goretzka from my wl plus 10 win pick

Was thinking of getting him to replace Kimmich, have you used him yet?

BrentMused wrote: »
    I know for the most part with FIFA that keepers are completely subjective, but good God he was utter, utter turd for me.

Played 10 games with him and I just had enough. The worst "elite" GK I have used in any version of FIFA.

I'm still kicking myself 4 days later for wasting fodder on his SBC. :pac:

That's mad we've had such different experiences with him!

It's funny as it's probably the one position on the pitch where play style & tactics have the least bearing. Though maybe my expectations were so low that literally he stops any sort of shot, it's a huge upgrade :pac:

Definitely made a couple of unexpected saves for me... the first time since FIFA21 was released where I've said "Jeez, big save" that wasn't about the opposition keeper.

• Advertisement

Mbappe is a mad little bastard for me. He some games he couldn't hit a barndoor with a banjo and misses absolute sitters for me.

This week I put him as LS, with CR7 as RS...Mbappe has ran riot. If you can get him in the position just outside the left side of the 6 yard box (close to the angle), all you have to do is shoot near post with two to three bars and it's a goal every time. The angle which he's facing doesn't even matter too much. I have no idea how he can do it so repeatably, yet if I give him a picture perfect through ball or cross, he'll probably miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Prime Kenny Dalglish from the prime pack

As much as it sticks in this United fans throat he’s very nice to play with, had him last year as well

Been very lucky with forwards from icon packs 92 Dalglish, 91 Eusebio, 89 Puskás and 87 Eto'o, How about Gullit next EA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Well glad that Weekend League is over. The Xbox servers were trash for the whole weekend. Finished Gold 2 in the end but I just want to play a responsive game.

The entire weekend opponents were tackling through my players and taking men out off the ball without so much as a foul. I'm not exaggerating to say my opponents were finishing games with 40+ missed tackles and yet it was impossible to punish them due to the delay. To me it seems clear that there is a gamesync issue when the delay occurs where I am seeing the gameplay 1-2 seconds after it has happened, its the only thing that makes sense at this point based on the behaviour that I am witnessing.

It got so bad I ended up moving POTM Messi to the bench simply because he can't dribble in the delay and his lack of physical presence meant he just got steam rolled.

If you have bothered to read my rant this far I will reward you with a good laugh at my expense. I think this moment summed up my whole WL this week. (Tell me how can he let it bounce on his head not once but twice and there isn't even a failed attempt at a clearance.)

Parawind wrote: »
    If you have bothered to read my rant this far I will reward you with a good laugh at my expense. I think this moment summed up my whole WL this week. (Tell me how can he let it bounce on his head not once but twice and there isn't even a failed attempt at a clearance.)

At this stage you just got to factor in at least 10 goals like this will happen to you over the weekend, and this isn't even including the stupid pinball goals either

RedRochey wrote: »
    At this stage you just got to factor in at least 10 goals like this will happen to you over the weekend, and this isn't even including the stupid pinball goals either

You are 100% correct and I do accept that those kind of things can happen. But my gripe with it is more that there is nothing to indicate that my button presses even registered. Boot the ball into the net or miss the ball completely and it would sit a lot easier with me.

Previous experience tells me that I should have been able to clear that off the line or at worst made a failed attempt. So it kind of feeds into my theory that my gameplay was out of sync and so while I was frantically trying to clear the ball as its bouncing on Varane's head the ball was already over the line hence there is no clearance animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

RedRochey wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting him to replace Kimmich, have you used him yet?

Just a couple of games as a sub as I use a la liga team but he is kind of like a suped of version of de jong

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Anyone been investing in Irish cards? What's the usual procedure, an SBC or do they still do a objective/tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Playing Managerial Masterpiece fo the first time in. Bit, and wow, it’s so petty.

If I score first, I never get anyone doing golden goal.

If they score first, I get people celebrating, pausing, etc. quitting if I equalize. Its the worst parts of golden goal with none of the perks....
    Boulders8 wrote: »
    I’ve been playing it the past couple of days finishing Benedetto and now doing Pastore. Golden Goal is largely dead, you still get a few doing it but there are so many objectives at the moment which requires, goals, assists, finesse goals, long range goals and the Milestone foundations requires playing 18 games so people are just hanging about trying to do something.

Did have one guy last night who sent me about 6 messages, pausing twice before the game started begging me to quit and just give him the win as he was close to Neves. So didn’t even want golden goal more golden win

I needed a win so just played without answering, went 2 up, he didn’t quit, I eventually lost 5-6 which was fair enough and sent him a message saying didn’t it feel better to have earned the win rather than getting it through begging me to quit! No reply, probably moved on to the next opponent begging again

Golden Goal has never been a thing in Managerial Masterpiece lads. It was Icon Swaps only. Yes you might get some people doing it in MM but like you say so many ancillary objectives that GG can be counter productive.

I like doing the Milestone ones as if someone scores early and celebrates and pauses it for me I can just rubber band and go do something else and let them waste 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If everyone did Golden Goal it would still be the most efficient way to do MM objectives. I still do it and a decent chunk of people still quit, some others quit after the second goal. Rubber banding is just a horrendous waste of everyone's time.

This place has turned into a rite little moanfest the past few days :p

They gonna end up moving it to personal problems section soon.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    If everyone did Golden Goal it would still be the most efficient way to do MM objectives. I still do it and a decent chunk of people still quit, some others quit after the second goal. Rubber banding is just a horrendous waste of everyone's time.

If everyone did Golden Goal then some (albeit a small number) of the objectives would be impossible (e.g. score two with Reinier).

At least if someone rubber bands, then it gives you a chance to hoover up any other objectives that you might need.... crosses, etc.

It is annoying when someone queues up a pause after they've scored so you can quit. Especially in managerial masterpiece where golden goal really isn't a thing that is done by everyone, like it is in icon swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

v3ttel wrote: »
    If everyone did Golden Goal then some (albeit a small number) of the objectives would be impossible (e.g. score two with Reinier).

At least if someone rubber bands, then it gives you a chance to hoover up any other objectives that you might need.... crosses, etc.

It is annoying when someone queues up a pause after they've scored so you can quit. Especially in managerial masterpiece where golden goal really isn't a thing that is done by everyone, like it is in icon swaps.

Yeah but you'll always get a few not doing it, and that's when you score the braces.

I'm not pausing for somebody else to quit but you cannot convince me that rubberbanding is in any way beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

AdamD wrote: »

Depends really. Last night I wanted to try get some of the Championship Objectives done but also wanted to watch the golf. Played a guy who spent the first few minutes skill spamming and fake rabona-ing his way around the pitch, scores, does that little shimmy dance move celebration and pauses it. Grand mate, you work away there and I'll knock off a 'game played' objective and catch two holes of the golf.

Also it's not the most efficient way to do them, there's plenty that require two goals by the same players or a goal and assist in the same game, if everyone did GG you could never get them done.

Parawind wrote: »
    You are 100% correct and I do accept that those kind of things can happen. But my gripe with it is more that there is nothing to indicate that my button presses even registered. Boot the ball into the net or miss the ball completely and it would sit a lot easier with me.

Previous experience tells me that I should have been able to clear that off the line or at worst made a failed attempt. So it kind of feeds into my theory that my gameplay was out of sync and so while I was frantically trying to clear the ball as its bouncing on Varane's head the ball was already over the line hence there is no clearance animation.

Actually there is a way to check your button presses.

Theres an option to put a controller up the top right of the screen which shows what's being pressed.

I was using it for a few days as the new Xbox controller is trash(bought a wired since)- buttons have to be pressed firmly in the centre, particularly an issue for Y as it's often pressed from the bottom.

So I had it on so I could make some recording and see did a button work.

So it is an option that's available.

Actually there is a way to check your button presses.

Theres an option to put a controller up the top right of the screen which shows what's being pressed.

I was using it for a few days as the new Xbox controller is trash(bought a wired since)- buttons have to be pressed firmly in the centre, particularly an issue for Y as it's often pressed from the bottom.

So I had it on so I could make some recording and see did a button work.

So it is an option that's available.

Funny enough I actually found that this week and had both controller options enabled. Obviously in the heat of that specific moment I wasn't able to focus on it so no idea what was registered. Shame it doesn't stay with the recordings.

But I found that while it does highlight delay to the server sometimes, there are other times where there is clear delay and the responsiveness on it looks fine.

It seems to highlight if there is a problem with your connection sending the button presses to the server but not the problem of the server responsiveness or if the games are out of sync.

Also has the "Initializing" when trying to find a match get worse for people this weekend?, (It seemed to take 3-4 attempts of that getting stuck before I could get a game.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Neves objective complete and Benedetto and Pastore can stay where they are, that me done with friendlies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Liamalone

jayo26 wrote: »
    This place has turned into a rite little moanfest the past few days :p

They gonna end up moving it to personal problems section soon.

All I've seen is moaning in here the past few months more like!

Liamalone wrote: »
    All I've seen is moaning in here the past few months more like!

Long gone are the days when we all got drunk and had fun and enjoyed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve actually managed to break the FIFA habit slightly and haven’t played rivals / champs in 3+ weeks now... only ever logging on to do an SBC or the odd time for a handful of games for swaps/other objectives.. the FOMO is no longer there and I’m quite content with it.

IF trading is working a treat still, too. I’ve noticed too that any TOTW 81+ will double in price instantly when EA bring out the nice SBCs, like the prime icon, party bag etc.

• Advertisement

IF trading is working a treat still, too. I’ve noticed too that any TOTW 81+ will double in price instantly when EA bring out the nice SBCs, like the prime icon, party bag etc.

Doing exactly this, buying loads of any current 81+ good nation + league TOTW players, bought a good few Disasi last week for 12k and he's currently up around 21-22k now

Advertisement