Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Looking ahead to the Icon Swaps again in a couple of weeks, has anyone used that Mid Blanc?

I dismissed him out of hand first off but upon further inspection he actually looks brilliant.

6 foot 4, med/high work rates, 74 agility and 72 balance, short and long passing in the 80's. Stick a shadow on him and his acceleration goes up to 88 and his sprint speed up to 90.

79 pace but if he was 80 pace instead I suspect he'd be highly coveted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

BrentMused wrote: »
    Looking ahead to the Icon Swaps again in a couple of weeks, has anyone used that Mid Blanc?

I dismissed him out of hand first off but upon further inspection he actually looks brilliant.

6 foot 4, med/high work rates, 74 agility and 72 balance, short and long passing in the 80's. Stick a shadow on him and his acceleration goes up to 88 and his sprint speed up to 90.

79 pace but if he was 80 pace instead I suspect he'd be highly coveted.

Thinking of getting him in swaps for my Utd P&P team! He's supposed to play above his stats too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Got so bored of Ferland Mendy that I just decided to go ahead and take Prime Ashley Cole from swaps. He'll allow me to sneak Rooney into a starting lineup at some point if I want to, and is much better on the ball than Mendy is so is a definite upgrade

Couldn't turn down the chance to end up with an icon from swaps that will make my starting 11 and link with everyone. I'll roll the dice then with the baby or mid icon from the remaining tokens if I'm still arsed, or just take the fodder packs. I don't like the lottery of an icon pack and getting shafted after grabbing all the tokens and having nothing to show for it.

Having three icons in my starting team (Moments Schmeichel, Prime Cole, Prime Keane/baby Seedorf) gives me a chance to build a few different squads for a change rather than being locked into the same players all the time. Only ever managed to have one icon as a starter in most other years, as swaps weren't a thing or I stopped playing before swaps were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RedRochey wrote: »
    Doing exactly this, buying loads of any current 81+ good nation + league TOTW players, bought a good few Disasi last week for 12k and he's currently up around 21-22k now

Same with me and Mavididi.. all bought 11k-12k and sold yday for 22k.

Also see on Twitter a load of people are getting free 100k/125k packs due to some content ****-up, but nobody has any idea what that content ****-up is :pac:

Saw a post on Reddit about someone getting packs added to their account on the web app.

Logged in and they'd given me 3 Jumbo Rare Players packs and I have no idea why.

Have a look and see if there's anything there for you!

Didn't pack anything fantastic but Pique, Navas and Handanovic are great for SBC fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Saw a post on Reddit about someone getting packs added to their account on the web app.

Logged in and they'd given me 3 Jumbo Rare Players packs and I have no idea why.

Didn't pack anything fantastic but Pique, Navas and Handanovic are great for SBC fodder.

I had a look but couldn’t tell if I had anything added as I have so many packs stored/saved.

I have 4 Ultimate Packs though which I know I had before so I know they weren’t added but will pretend that EA gave me them out of the kindness of their heart :)-

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nothing for me. :(

Selling up TOTY TAA, Davies, FS James and Prime Socrates. Man, that price crash is a killer. Lost about 600k on them over the two and a half weeks.

But I really want to move away from a 5-3-2 build this week, and look for something with wingers. And it's all relative, I guess, in that others will be cheaper too.

Are What IF cards still in packs? I notice that on pack probability for the promo packs that it doesn’t mention What IF cards only gold player chances

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Are What IF cards still in packs? I notice that on pack probability for the promo packs that it doesn’t mention What IF cards only gold player chances

Nah they’re gone out of it.

Apparently some people are getting icon packs too... there’s uproar on it over on Twitter.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Apparently some people are getting icon packs too... there’s uproar on it over on Twitter.

Has anyone threatened to riot if they don’t get their free packs? Usually some numpty will pipe up with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Has anyone threatened to riot if they don’t get their free packs? Usually some numpty will pipe up with that :)

Lets meet up at the spire and have socially distanced protest.

Blazer wrote: »

Raging I only got 3 free 100k packs now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

I got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Raging I only got 3 free 100k packs now! :pac:

Raging I got nothing :pac: people still have no idea what they’re getting compensated for too... classic EA.

Damnit; Giggs from the prime icon.
    Fodder really. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

Got petit from prime icon,not to bad I suppose

soap1978 wrote: »

I'd happy swap for Petit...he's brilliant. I would class Petit as a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Just for a change, I might sell anyone tradable and just go with this team next weekend. Will miss Lewa and CR7 but I've a few players like Rooney, Jones and Sterling that have never really had a run. Still a 89 rated team. Might do a bit of trading with the coins then too.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What has happened to Mitchell van Bergen, he was op'd before but has become insanely op'd since saturday for me, definitely made him my favourite player in this shambolic game, every time i cut in onto his 5* weak left foot to about the D or right edge of the box, from the right and shoot, the ball flies in the top corner, its a guarnteed goal at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

soap1978 wrote: »

got xavi, and still not sure how to feel about it :D he is pretty decent though in game.

Just played this in a friendly. >80M coin team!

Lost 4-2. He wasn't any good tbh.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

dmigsy wrote: »

That looks like an real footballers squad but maybe with his pro on the bench...Anyone unusual on the bench?

For anyone still collecting, there is a FGS token available from the Twitch stream for the Conmebol eLibertadores tournament on now - 1 hour of watching or keeping it on in the background for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

dmigsy wrote: »

image.png

Looks like this guy has been buying a few cards off that contact in EA!

Parawind wrote: »
    That looks like an real footballers squad but maybe with his pro on the bench...Anyone unusual on the bench?

Thought the same. No pro card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I’ve set up a new account as my old one was banned from the transfer market, have been playing fut for a week buying and selling players etc , transfer market still not unlocked on the app, didn’t take this long last time, anything I can do to speed it up ?

Just got Cantona in the Prime Icon pack - absolutely thrilled with that! :D

Any of you lads tried him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just got Cantona in the Prime Icon pack - absolutely thrilled with that! :D

Any of you lads tried him?

Yeah he is awesome play him as striker.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah he is awesome play him as striker.

First game, 90th minute winner, finesse shot from just outside the box. :D

What chem style do you use on him mate? Engine for the added agility and balance or maybe hunter?

I call sell my IF Rashford now and added to the coins I already have I'll have around 800k for a CB.

Advertisement