Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the far left so pro lockdown ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ah yes, everyone who doesn't agree with me is "far" something - always the recipe for great internet discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

This must be the first issue ever that Paul Murphy, Dick Boyd Barrett & co have supported the government on, indeed a lot of the so called far right who protest lockdown would have been past voters for the AAA-PBP.

Because they're in love with the idea of a state that will take care of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Don't think people struggle with it, certainly gives me a laugh.

Course you struggle with it- you use the pretence of humour to denigrate opinions because you don’t agree with them. The left are always transparent as plotting paper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Is there science behind the mask requirement...there wasn't 6 months ago?

Yes there is science behind it. Behavioural psychology and mass indoctrination techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I mean left wing generally means that they are more caring. They want everyone to have healthcare, education etc. even if it means paying more tax. They want to give others in struggling situations the opportunity to excel so they support things like immigration, equality etc. In that regard they would be against putting our elderly people in harms way because people want to have their pints.

Right wing would be much more self involving in their outlook. They don't want to pay taxes to help others with education and health and believe that it is up to the individual to get themselves in a position where they can afford their own healthcare and education. They like the status quo and don't want to see equality and detest immigration because they see it as less opportunities and resources for them. In that regard they don't care if elderly are at risk because thats life and they shouldn't have to suffer and miss their pints to save lives.

In other words they want the workshy to get everything and taxpayers to be screwed even more than we already are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You were the one who said health workers have been wearing masks for their protection for decades...

I'm actually pro mask, if it helps even just a little it is worth it, if it allays people's fear it is worth it...but lets not kid ourselves...there is no science behind it!!!

Do you really need science to prove basic common sense?

Also, as you surely know by now, the masks available for the public have little to do with protecting yourself. I'm sure you know that though.

sabat wrote: »
    Yes there is science behind it. Behavioural psychology and mass indoctrination techniques.

Which of the geniuses you follow gave you this pearl of wisdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Do you really need science to prove basic common sense?

Also, as you surely know by now, the masks available for the public have little to do with protecting yourself. I'm sure you know that though.

I've already said I don't...I wear a mask, as required, I don't have an issue with it...but there is no science behind the requirement whatsoever, which is what I stated all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I have a pack of masks in front of me that says "NOT FOR MEDICAL USE" on it...

Don't use them so, they could bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jimmy Twotimes

Communist state level of crontrol over your life? Of course they love it.

• Advertisement

Probably that failed journalist or the fella named after a playstation racing game.

I've already said I don't...I wear a mask, as required, I don't have an issue with it...but there is no science behind the requirement whatsoever, which is what I stated all along.

Is there science behind wearing a scarf when it's cold?

road_high wrote: »
    Course you struggle with it- you use the pretence of humour to denigrate opinions because you don’t agree with them. The left are always transparent as plotting paper

No struggle, and you as transparent as muslin, also guessed wrong about my politics as with everything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

road_high wrote: »
    No, the left want to spend/waste other people’s hard earned money for their own ends

The weird thing it is the left wing that tend to pay the most taxes as they are more likely to be working in higher earning professions.

Most of the far right have lower education, work in menial jobs or are on state benefits and yet they are the ones that seem to be most intent on opposing taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The left like mass indoctrination and government control. The agenda behind the global pandemic is perfect for them. They also tend to be godless and want God out of society much like communism, while the bible gives warnings about this period of time we are now in.

The left like mass indoctrination and government control. The agenda behind the global pandemic is perfect for them. They also tend to be godless and want God out of society much like communism, while the bible gives warnings about this period of time we are now in.

:D oh god

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There is generally a more empathetic and intelligent outlook from the left.

The right just often think about themselves and their own families, interests etc. and judge success and happiness by making money.

Left thinking people want wellness, health of and for people. That’s the priority.

They also seek to succeed too in business as any other aspect of life but they are not willing to do so to the detriment of health and lives of others.

The weird thing it is the left wing that tend to pay the most taxes as they are more likely to be working in higher earning professions.

Most of the far right have lower education, work in menial jobs or are on state benefits and yet they are the ones that seem to be most intent on opposing taxes.

The extremes of both wings tend to be poorly educated.

Religious people going on about mass indoctrination and control sure there is a word for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Is there science behind wearing a scarf when it's cold?

You're just looking for a silly argument now...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

If your reply is anything except something along the lines of "I stand corrected" just don't bother.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/behavioural-insights-team

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Religious people going on about mass indoctrination and control sure there is a word for that

It's all around us, we have been programmed since we were born, through the education system, cartoons, films, programmes, music industry. Everything the bible said would happen has and is coming true in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jimmy Twotimes

Strumms wrote: »

Stalin
    Mao
    Pol Pot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

In other countries perhaps, not the case in Ireland. The Irish lower classes are not right wing like say the English or American ones as there is no ideological basis beyond what they can cream off others and the system

If your reply is anything except something along the lines of "I stand corrected" just don't bother.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/behavioural-insights-team

Can you point to an article on that says they are conducting mass indoctrination as you claimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

It's all around us, we have been programmed since we were born, through the education system, cartoons, films, programmes, music industry. Everything the bible said would happen has and is coming true in front of us.

As much as I'm atheist, I'll be looking for god after reading these kind of posts. And sorry I'm out of bibles at the moment. Would do with one free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Strumms wrote: »

The right just often think about themselves and their own families, interests etc. and judge success and happiness by making money.

Left thinking people want wellness, health of and for people. That’s the priority.

They also seek to succeed too in business as any other aspect of life but they are not willing to do so to the detriment of health and lives of others.

That's not the far left. That's social democracy and it's really just left of centre.

It's why we give out 350 a week in pandemic payments and the US gave out 600 dollars a week to those laid off.

It's a big part of the western world.

Its corrupted by a bloated civil service which steals resources from those in need.

So why haven't we been using masks to protect people from all the other viruses that kill people every year?

What was different about the Covid virus?

Weak buddy, try harder

• Advertisement

That's not the far left. That's social democracy and it's really just left of centre.

Ah yes but to the posters going on about the left on here that is the far left.

Advertisement