Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

Well this sounds promising. PAS must have called a very large amount of people for those interviews in February, but I don’t recall anyone actually posting what OOM they had called forward for that batch.

But how did the person that was OOM was it 265 hadn’t heard yesterday after someone in the low 300’s had been contacted on Monday?!

Anyway, this latest bit of news sounds like PAS must be expecting to get through the remainder of the General stream panel batch 1.2 soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Puguchung

meepp wrote: »
    I'm low 200s and the last thing i was asked for was more information.

Now i'm wondering if they looked at my form and thought 'No point bothering with this one...' :-/

Same! But higher oom, closer to the 257 oom (if I remember right...) cut off that was used in the last round. Sounds like a positive step, I’m sure we’ll be interviewed before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Puguchung wrote: »
    Same! But higher oom, closer to the 257 oom (if I remember right...) cut off that was used in the last round. Sounds like a positive step, I’m sure we’ll be interviewed before too long.

Are the people in the 200s like yourself who haven't heard anything yet already vetted via other streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aine1986

I just contacted PAS, I am mid 20’s in Batch 1.2 and they advised me that there are 4 people ahead of me on the panel so looks like they are moving through quite quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

Aine1986 wrote: »
    I just contacted PAS, I am mid 20’s in Batch 1.2 and they advised me that there are 4 people ahead of me on the panel so looks like they are moving through quite quickly

They were around the low 20’s on that panel last week, so sounds like there hasn’t been any/much progress in the last week or so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Aine1986 wrote: »

I've sent two emails over course of 2 weeks and still haven't heard an answer to the question you asked. Lol.

What email did you use to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

They seem to be moving quick enough through the panels. Are people starting though, what with all the WFH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

yop_mayo wrote: »
    They seem to be moving quick enough through the panels. Are people starting though, what with all the WFH?

I have a start date so I assume many more do too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pooling928

Hey guys? Any idea what number they're on regarding the Health Stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

floorpie wrote: »

Same. Have a date. WFH too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

Puguchung wrote: »
    Called for what - interview or handing in the more detailed application form?

oh sorry, for the application form. Although it wasn't as detailed as i had expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

The message I got back in December says that everyone under 253 OOM was to submit a detailed application for stage 2.

I assume they're planning to clear batch one soon and they're gearing up for batch 2 interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

floorpie wrote: »

Will you be in the office, may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Pooling928 wrote: »
    Hey guys? Any idea what number they're on regarding the Health Stream?

Would love to know this as well, even what batch they're on would be good to know! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

yop_mayo wrote: »
    Will you be in the office, may I ask?

WFH like the other poster. Going in on the first day for I'm not sure what, induction perhaps. Very excited :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PhillipJay

Jambori wrote: »
    Would love to know this as well, even what batch they're on would be good to know! :confused:

According to PAS there have contacted 15 people in batch 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

PhillipJay wrote: »
    According to PAS there have contacted 15 people in batch 1.1

Oh really? Thanks so much for letting us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 HolyRomanMemes

I just got contacted on Monday and asked to submit two forms basically on employment and education history pending an interview but i don't know when any such interview would be, i got 253 in the general stream, what do you reckon are my chances at this point??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aine1986

I just got contacted on Monday and asked to submit two forms basically on employment and education history pending an interview but i don't know when any such interview would be, i got 253 in the general stream, what do you reckon are my chances at this point??

I believe once you get called for interview your ranking in the exams no longer counts, that your OOM on the panel is just based on interview scores so you have a good a chance as anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Balaine

With regard to providing a name for a reference to the PAS, if you are working for a large organisation i.e. the banks, the Civil Service, the Health sector do you provide the name of your line manager or the Personnel Dept? Just wondering who should provide the reference the PAS are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Balaine wrote: »
    With regard to providing a name for a reference to the PAS, if you are working for a large organisation i.e. the banks, the Civil Service, the Health sector do you provide the name of your line manager or the Personnel Dept? Just wondering who should provide the reference the PAS are looking for.

I gave my line manager in this case. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Anyone in top 10 of batch 1.2 got placed yet?
    I sent in all the documents last week, still haven't received a vetting link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Anyone know how many people are in a Batch? Where about are they in OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Theyve reached 30s in General Stream

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aero123

belgowho wrote: »
    Theyve reached 30s in General Stream

In batch 1.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

Hey I'm 45 in the General Stream Batch 1.2 and have been called to clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Same.. I'm 41 and I have received the message from Pas. Are they going to tell us who is the employer? I don't really want to talk with my current employer until I know more... Do we need to give them references at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

Yes but before you give your references they should tell you where you're going when I was as clerical and executive officer they called me and told me where I was going granted that was 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KD1934

When at the clearance stage do you have to provide a reference from your current employer or can you use previous jobs? Would feel a bit bad asking my current employer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

KD1934 wrote: »
    When at the clearance stage do you have to provide a reference from your current employer or can you use previous jobs? Would feel a bit bad asking my current employer.

When they reach your OOM, they will ask for references from the 3 previous years. They won't contact your current employer unless you authorise them to do so. However, they will still need a reference for the years that you are with your current employer.

Advertisement