Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

eganr29 wrote: »
    I was contacted for clearance 4 weeks ago for health stream, does anyone have any idea how long it might take to be contacted about a position?

I think I have only seen one person post here so far that they have a start date. That is concerning to me as I don’t want my HR Dept being contacted for a reference and then my managers being alerted to the fact I’m leaving or likely to be leaving when I could be weeks and weeks waiting to hear about a start date and then still have to give my month of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

floorpie wrote: »
    Do you only find out if clearance/refs are good when a department eventually contacts you, or do PAS let you know that you're cleared and that they're handing you on to HR in a dept?

I'll answer my own question because it's just happened, PAS let you know where you're assigned :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

I'll answer my own question because it's just happened, PAS let you know where you're assigned :P

Congrats! How long did your clearance process take?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eganr29

I think I have only seen one person post here so far that they have a start date. That is concerning to me as I don’t want my HR Dept being contacted for a reference and then my managers being alerted to the fact I’m leaving or likely to be leaving when I could be weeks and weeks waiting to hear about a start date and then still have to give my month of notice.

They check with you if it is okay for them to contact your references

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hear2019

Does anyone know what number they are up to on the Health Stream?

• Advertisement

Maelenn wrote: »
    Congrats! How long did your clearance process take?

To my understanding (i.e. assuming it's finalised) approx a week. The department has already been in contact since then and I remain impressed with the speed of everything :P That said I was high in batch 1, so it feels like forever since I interviewed, not helped by me anxiously awaiting each PAS email throughout. But it's done and dusted before you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

To my understanding (i.e. assuming it's finalised) approx a week. The department has already been in contact since then and I remain impressed with the speed of everything :P That said I was high in batch 1, so it feels like forever since I interviewed, not helped by me anxiously awaiting each PAS email throughout. But it's done and dusted before you know it :)

My previous experiences with PAS panels has been they have moved quicker than this. It’s 10 weeks ago today that the results of the December interviews were released and to have only contacted 9 people off the business and finance panel in that time is slow in my experience. And from the information here they hadn’t contacted anyone on that stream in 2 weeks. But in that same 2 weeks they have contacted about 20 people of the general stream and that is decent progress. But we’re about a fifth of the way through the life of these panels already.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

Wow, that was pretty fast! Congrats again! Have they told you when you will start?

My sister and I are both in batch 1 as well, between 15-20 OOM, but some of our references took a long time to get back to PAS, so we're still waiting to finalize our clearance process.

Maelenn wrote: »
    Wow, that was pretty fast! Congrats again! Have they told you when you will start?
    Yep :)
    My sister and I are both in batch 1 as well, between 15-20 OOM, but some of our references took a long time to get back to PAS, so we're still waiting to finalize our clearance process.
    Yeah my ref got back instantly so perhaps it's a first-returned first-served thing.
    My previous experiences with PAS panels has been they have moved quicker than this. It’s 10 weeks ago today that the results of the December interviews were released and to have only contacted 9 people off the business and finance panel in that time is slow in my experience. And from the information here they hadn’t contacted anyone on that stream in 2 weeks. But in that same 2 weeks they have contacted about 20 people of the general stream and that is decent progress. But we’re about a fifth of the way through the life of these panels already.

Well that's good that they're usually quick, this is my first time applying so I'm not very familiar. But like I say, this has been very fast in my public sector experience. I'm especially impressed when everybody seems to be working from home also. If you're like me you'll be wanting the process to hurry up, then wishing you had more time once it does :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve submitted my documents and confirmed that my references could be contacted. Still no word. I got an email from the guards over a week ago confirming that I’d been vetted too.

Does the process usually take this long on PAS’s end? I had 3 references and I’m starting to think maybe one hasn’t gotten back to them. Will they tell me this so I can follow up and ensure the contact information was correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Yeah, this is normal. If you don't hear anything this week then follow up by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Hi. Guys!

I m just curious if anyone from batch 1.2 general stream received the phonecall for clearance... Two weeks ago they were still at batch 1. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Hi. Guys!

I m just curious if anyone from batch 1.2 general stream received the phonecall for clearance... Two weeks ago they were still at batch 1. Thank you!

Nope, since the email asking whether I'm interested in proceeding further last week, I haven't heard anything back from PAS regarding clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

Got notification earlier this evening with invite to update application form with work/educational experience for next stage. Early 300's OOM and on general stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Does anyone know if they're still on batch 1.1 for the Health Steam or have they moved on to batch 1.2? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Zoulikha

Hello, Everyone,

I am in top five in the first batch in HR stream. I know this is very slow process, but I was expecting to be contacted by PAS by now. Yet, nothing since the release of the results. Is there anyone else here from HR stream that could share their experience, please?

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

What number are they on now for general stream? I am around 1500 so I'll probably never get called??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Balaine

Sorry guys not able to answer your questions. However I do know that they are up to mid teens for clearance on the Business and Finance panel. Panel 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

What number are they on now for general stream? I am around 1500 so I'll probably never get called??

At 1500 it's very unlikely you'll be called. The AO comp runs every year and there are relatively few AO postitions (vs CO/EO and even AP).
    Typically, at the very most, they get to somewhere in the 300 - 600 range for the General stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Zoulikha wrote: »
    Hello, Everyone,

I am in top five in the first batch in HR stream. I know this is very slow process, but I was expecting to be contacted by PAS by now. Yet, nothing since the release of the results. Is there anyone else here from HR stream that could share their experience, please?

Thank you in advance.

I'm just slightly higher than you in the HR stream (between 5 and 10) and it's a small comfort to know that not even people in the top 5 have been contacted yet.

I sent an email to Publicjobs last week in relation to the HR stream but have received no reply as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Zoulikha

TheRoyce wrote: »
    I'm just slightly higher than you in the HR stream (between 5 and 10) and it's a small comfort to know that not even people in the top 5 have been contacted yet.

I sent an email to Publicjobs last week in relation to the HR stream but have received no reply as of yet.

Thank you, hope we hear something soon. If you can, do share their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moored7

How long do the panels/how highly do you have to be ranked after the final interview to have a realistic chance of getting called for a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

At 1500 it's very unlikely you'll be called. The AO comp runs every year and there are relatively few AO postitions (vs CO/EO and even AP).
    Typically, at the very most, they get to somewhere in the 300 - 600 range for the General stream.

I would say even 300 is too high. If you got over 250 in the Stage 1 OOM, you won't be called before the panel expires

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just under 260 in the general stream here.
    I'm not giving up hope, but I think I'm going to forget about it, and if I get a message or a phone call in a few month's time, well, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Teateatea123

Does anyone have any idea how many people have been called for interview so far in the general stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

I was just called and im 356 OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Puguchung

haleyoshea wrote: »
    I was just called and im 356 OOM

Called for what - interview or handing in the more detailed application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

Puguchung wrote: »
    Called for what - interview or handing in the more detailed application form?

I'm low 200s and the last thing i was asked for was more information.

Now i'm wondering if they looked at my form and thought 'No point bothering with this one...' :-/

meepp wrote: »
    I'm low 200s and the last thing i was asked for was more information.

Now i'm wondering if they looked at my form and thought 'No point bothering with this one...' :-/

Post 856 says they're in the low 300s are were just asked for a detailed application, so I assume that's what the other poster means by "called".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

I am in the high 300s and was asked to submit the detailed application form also

Advertisement