Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

floorpie wrote: »
    I feel like panels tend to move on once they hear what they want to hear, even if that just takes a few seconds...?

I tend to agree with this, but it could also be that they're interrupting to press you to be more specific in your answer because they can't mark you on too vague a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it at all, the real worry is when they ask you the same question twice or ask it in a slightly different way which indicates you weren't hitting the mark with your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fried_chicken

Does anyone know approximately how long clearance takes and after that how long would it take to get placed and start work? Obviously I understand that nobody will know exactly lol but just a rough idea of the process would be v helpful
    Would it take a few months or less

• Registered Users Posts: 17 FanofAce

Does anyone know approximately how long clearance takes and after that how long would it take to get placed and start work? Obviously I understand that nobody will know exactly lol but just a rough idea of the process would be v helpful
    Would it take a few months or less

Depends really, best case around 2 weeks I'd say.

As pas needs all your documentation and references. Also evetting can take some time.

So best case for everything to be done I'd 2 weeks but it could take much longer of there is documentation lacking.

The above is for clearance.. then in regards to placing, well that I believe is dealt with by the department or agency so that could take an additional 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fried_chicken

FanofAce wrote: »
    Depends really, best case around 2 weeks I'd say.

As pas needs all your documentation and references. Also evetting can take some time.

So best case for everything to be done I'd 2 weeks but it could take much longer of there is documentation lacking.

The above is for clearance.. then in regards to placing, well that I believe is dealt with by the department or agency so that could take an additional 2 weeks

Thanks, appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Maybe we'll hear this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

[PHP][/PHP]
    FenFlynn wrote: »
    Maybe we'll hear this week?

For the interviews last week? The PAS person on the panel said it would be end of this month before feedback from the interviews are issued.

AngryLips wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

For the interviews last week? The PAS person on the panel said it would be end of this month before feedback from the interviews are issued.

Thanks for that!
    I didn't ask, I was hoping it would be sooner, but knowing PAS it's not going to be a speedy process.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nclan

Update: They are at number 14 on the AO Health panel.

Source: PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Balaine

Anyone know where they are on the Business and Finance panel? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

Balaine wrote: »
    Anyone know where they are on the Business and Finance panel? Thanks.

They’ve gotten through 9 people anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

yop_mayo wrote: »
    They’ve gotten through 9 people anyway.

When did you hear the update that PAS were through 9 people on the Business & Finance panel? Was that recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sweenin8tor

For info, they've placed 19 from the General Stream as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ddpas

For info, they've placed 19 from the General Stream as of today.

Do you mean placed or just contacted for clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

ddpas wrote: »

I'm a good few places above 19 on general and I'm just contacted for clearance so far. PAS say they don't know where I'm assigned yet (or at least wont tell me).

floorpie wrote: »
    I'm a good few places above 19 on general and I'm just contacted for clearance so far. PAS say they don't know where I'm assigned yet (or at least wont tell me).

Yeah that's what I was thinking alright. I have been through clearance but still not been placed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

Yeah that's what I was thinking alright. I have been through clearance but still not been placed yet

How long ago did you finish clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sweenin8tor

Sorry, I mean just contacted for clearance.

I wonder how many for through batch 1, I emailed PAS on a date the results will be out, I was told before end of February. By the rate it's going, all batch one will be called through for clearance by end of next week, here is hoping that would speed them up in releasing results. Just want to be put out of my misery soon.

Maelenn wrote: »
    How long ago did you finish clearance?

Hard to know if it's "finished" or not, sorry I don't mean to be annoying about that but it's just once I had the documents sent off from my side they had to check everything (including references) and they came back to me a few times for extra documents etc, I sent the last of that (hopefully) off last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

Hard to know if it's "finished" or not, sorry I don't mean to be annoying about that but it's just once I had the documents sent off from my side they had to check everything (including references) and they came back to me a few times for extra documents etc, I sent the last of that (hopefully) off last week

No problems at all. This process can be very frustrating. From my previous experience with going through for another position earlier this year, they will take at least 2 weeks to do the Garda vetting and some additional days to check the rest of the documents and references.
    I think the biggest problem will be how long each department will take to call people afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

I think it's quite impressive how efficiently PAS make it through so many candidates :P My current employer, between PMs, finance, HR, marketing and so on, can take half a year to hire just 1 person!

Maelenn wrote: »
    No problems at all. This process can be very frustrating. From my previous experience with going through for another position earlier this year, they will take at least 2 weeks to do the Garda vetting and some additional days to check the rest of the documents and references.
    I think the biggest problem will be how long each department will take to call people afterwards.

Yeah definitely a few weeks in total anyways, especially given all the extra delays and obstacles this year!
    And yeah that's the thing too - clearance being finished doesn't mean much if your department doesn't contact you for a few months haha

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Results out

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blochtower

I have a dumb question, if I'm in batch 1.2 and placed on an order in the general stream, is that the OOM for the whole competition, or only for those in batch 1/2 (for example if i'm 25, is that 25 in the entire competition or just against the people I was in batch 1.2 with?)

Blochtower wrote: »
    I have a dumb question, if I'm in batch 1.2 and placed on an order in the general stream, is that the OOM for the whole competition, or only for those in batch 1/2 (for example if i'm 25, is that 25 in the entire competition or just against the people I was in batch 1.2 with?)

it will state the stream on top of the message. The OOM in the message will be specific to the stream listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blochtower

belgowho wrote: »
    it will state the stream on top of the message. The OOM in the message will be specific to the stream listed there.
    So if I'm 26 on the OOM of the general stream, does that include the 19 that were already called, or do I need 26 vacancies in order to be placed?

Blochtower wrote: »
    So if I'm 26 on the OOM of the general stream, does that include the 19 that were already called, or do I need 26 vacancies in order to be placed?

It will also say batch number. So those from batch 1.1 are getting called currently. Those in batch 1.2 need to wait until that's cleared. If you are 26 in batch 1.2, you will come after the 25th person is called. (This is my understanding of it anyway - looking at Third Sec panel, people are getting called whom are ahead of others in panel which could have something to do with being an existing CS).

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

The OOM is specific to your batch and is not an overall OOM. ie if you are OOM 25 of batch 2, you have the 24 others of batch 2 ahead of you and however many were on a panel in batch 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

I was called for interview in Batch 1 in December and received my OOM for the Business and Finance stream on 17th December. Later on the 17th I received a confusing message about my OOM on the General stream and basically my position hadn’t been reached yet.

Then today I got a message telling me my OOM on the General stream following interview for the General stream, even though I only sat the one interview back in December. So what Batch am I in?! Batch 1 or have I somehow managed to end up in both Batch 1 and Batch 2?!

The whole process and communication is clear as mud!

Advertisement