Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Mogs121 wrote: »
    I thought this stage was pass/fail but that they add your score from the presentation with your score from the interview to get your overall OOM score. I could be wrong though!

This was the case historically.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

For those interested in the AO (ICT) Stream,

The Department of Social Protection have opened a New Campaign for Administrative Officer (AO) - Information and Communications Technology

https://publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=124766&campaignId=20208607

Has anybody here applied for this competition or heard anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

ddpas wrote: »
    Would it be ridiculous to expect results from interview before Christmas??

I'd guess that finding out before Christmas is wishful thinking :confused: - I presume no one who interviewed last week has contacted them to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ddpas

R777B wrote: »
    I'd guess that finding out before Christmas is wishful thinking :confused: - I presume no one who interviewed last week has contacted them to ask?

Just heard back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

Yeah I just got my results from last week's interview also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Minifox

Just heard back :D

Did you get an order of merit?

Minifox wrote: »

I was given an OOM. I was *very* close to failing some competences that I believed I'd done well in.

My OOM perhaps isn't great given that only 32 were interviewed (according to this thread). Does anybody have any idea about the demand for AOs?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

floorpie wrote: »
    I was given an OOM. I was *very* close to failing some competences that I believed I'd done well in.

My OOM isn't great given that only 32 were interviewed (according to this thread). Does anybody have any idea about the demand for AOs?

According to last year's competition thread, they're up to about OOM 30.

mmerton365 wrote: »

Thanks. My OOM is between 15-20 (don't want to be specific), and I asked for Dublin. I suppose I could expect an offer within a year? Or should I stop counting my chickens...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

mmerton365 wrote: »

That's up to about 30 of batch number 3. With approx 40-50 in batch 1 and batch 2 already placed from that comp.

• Advertisement

Minifox wrote: »

Yes I did! Really happy now what about you?

Thanks. My OOM is between 15-20 (don't want to be specific), and I asked for Dublin. I suppose I could expect an offer within a year? Or should I stop counting my chickens...

Not sure why you're selling yourself short. You should be really proud and happy to have placed so well in the first batch of this competition! I would expect you to be placed in a role in Q1 of 2021. (This is based on my experience of last year's comp - not to be taken as gospel!)

MrsBean wrote: »
    Not sure why you're selling yourself short. You should be really proud and happy to have placed so well in the first batch of this competition! I would expect you to be placed in a role in Q1 of 2021. (This is based on my experience of last year's comp - not to be taken as gospel!)

Thanks so much. I'm just not familiar with how CS works in this regard. I'm also sore that I nearly failed in leadership potential :p Thanks again.

Thanks so much. I'm just not familiar with how CS works in this regard. I'm also sore that they see my leadership potential as being close to failure :p Thanks again.

Yeah you’ve done really well to place that high in batch 1! I’d say you should be very hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 2 5001800

Does anyone know how many people will be hired from the business and finance stream? I placed in the top 15 oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

That's up to about 30 of batch number 3. With approx 40-50 in batch 1 and batch 2 already placed from that comp.

My apologies for the unintended misinformation!

5001800 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many people will be hired from the business and finance stream? I placed in the top 15 oom.

No clue, is there a different order of merit for finance vs general?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Yes, agree here. OP will probably be placed by February.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Absolutely, you'll probably be placed before we are interviewed! Well done! Great achievement!

FenFlynn wrote: »
    Absolutely, you'll probably be placed before we are interviewed! Well done! Great achievement!

Do you think there are immediate jobs (ie in January) available? I placed top 5 in the oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Do you think there are immediate jobs (ie in January) available? I placed top 5 in the oom

Wow, that's very good! Huge congrats!
    I'd say early in the new year, depending on clearance and reference check, etc. I know there are AO jobs in different departments, depending on how fast department HRs move. Either way you will hear very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭luckyboy

Great to hear of people doing well here today! Is it only the Health Stream results that were out today? Any idea how large the panel/OOM is? I’ve heard numbers in the early twenties at least, but would love to have a rough idea how large the panel is. Thanks!

luckyboy wrote: »
    Great to hear of people doing well here today! Is it only the Health Stream results that were out today? Any idea how large the panel/OOM is? I’ve heard numbers in the early twenties at least, but would love to have a rough idea how large the panel is. Thanks!

My oom was in the business and finance stream :) no idea how big the panel is, pas didn’t give much information asides from oom today

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Hydration wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike Foxtrot View Post
    For those interested in the AO (ICT) Stream,

The Department of Social Protection have opened a New Campaign for Administrative Officer (AO) - Information and Communications Technology

https://publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?o...ignId=20208607

Has anybody here applied for this competition or heard anything back?

I applied, got an email confirming that they'd received my application a couple of weeks ago but nothing since. Wouldn't expect to hear anything else before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FrankSalazar

luckyboy wrote: »

I came in 20 to 25. Presume that'll be too far back to get called in the next 12 months for the health policy analyst stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

I applied, got an email confirming that they'd received my application a couple of weeks ago but nothing since. Wouldn't expect to hear anything else before the end of the year.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah was just wondering as there is not much discussion on Boards about it and PAS are not running it. I got the same email also. Hopefully we will here something in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ktvaljean

Hey I did the interview for Industrial relations stream last Monday.

Nothing as of today. Anyone heard back??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

Anyone hear anything from the business / finance stream?

I’m out of the country until the middle of January but placed top 10 in OOM, just wondering what thoughts are on placement and timing? Never went for a CS job so haven’t a notion.

Also afraid of missing a call as I’ve no Irish number.

It'll be an email for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭exitstageleft

Anyone know if PAS close for Christmas through to New Year? I expect that it's the case and we won't hear anything more until the week starting January 4th.

Advertisement