Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

floorpie wrote: »
    I sent you a PM

Got it, thanks!
    Just wondering if anyone else on the same boat as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 PeachL00pies

FenFlynn wrote: »
    Got it, thanks!
    Just wondering if anyone else on the same boat as me.

Haven't heard anything back for general yet. Completed the Health Policy Analyst recorded interview but I'm not being brought through to the next round :/

Haven't heard anything back for general yet. Completed the Health Policy Analyst recorded interview but I'm not being brought through to the next round :/

I emailed them to enquire. Will let you know when I hear back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Update from HR stream.

"Thank you for taking the time to submit your HR Video Interview as part of the selection process for the 2020 AO competition. We are still processing HR Video Interviews and as such will not be calling candidates from the HR stream for interview until January 2021."

For info:

We have so far only called those placed up to 32 on the order of merit for the general stream.

Should we be calling further candidates and your place is reached we will be in contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 PeachL00pies

For info:

We have so far only called those placed up to 32 on the order of merit for the general stream.

Should we be calling further candidates and your place is reached we will be in contact.

That is really miniscule?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

It's early days yet. Things will pick up in 2021 once the 2019 panel have been placed. Just sit tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pluggedout

MrsBean wrote: »
    It's early days yet. Things will pick up in 2021 once the 2019 panel have been placed. Just sit tight!

Hope they place the 2019 panel before finalising this one! The thoughts of having to do the whole process again for the same role...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

For info:

Good to know! I was in the 150s for general stream, was wondering why no contact yet.

Govannan wrote: »
    Good to know! I was in the 150s for general stream, was wondering why no contact yet.

Yeah, I was starting to panic. I'm early 100s, hopefully will hear in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

Interview and presentation next week for first 32 it seems

BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    Interview and presentation next week for first 32 it seems

Next week? That's very soon, no? NO time to prepare at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Minifox

Will they form 2020 panel after interviewing first 32 or wait until they’ve interviewed more?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

Minifox wrote: »
    Will they form 2020 panel after interviewing first 32 or wait until they’ve interviewed more?

panel will be formed once results of that batch come out. They probably want to close out AO 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ddpas

Did anyone else get a link for the presentation next week? Got mine there and the link doesn't work.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Wyattwouldnt

If you copy and paste the link into your browser it works and will let you download the document.

Great stuff thanks tech wizard :D

Can any in the first 32 for general stream let us know how it went when they've done their presentation? Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Is that how many were called from the general stream?

mmerton365 wrote: »
    Is that how many were called from the general stream?

According to the last page or two of this thread, apparently!

• Advertisement

Are there any more called this week to stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭exitstageleft

For what it's worth, I got my results for the IGEES AO comp presentation today.

They give a max score, a pass score and your score. No overall average or anything like that so it's hard to know how you did relative to anyone else.

Then they say the next stage is a competitive interview. No indication if they'll use an OOM to decide who interviews first but you've got to expect they will.

For a supposedly transparent process PAS really do like to present an aura of mystique.

Does this mean that there is likely to be ANOTHER interview to get through after the competency based interviews/presentations that were held this week?

Sorry, just to be clear: those results are from the Policy Analyst and Economist AO stream that leads to a role with the IGEES. My comment above probably doesn't apply to many folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Just wondering, have the people who were called forward for their final interviews received their feedback yet?

I was hoping things would kick into gear again when that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Nothing yet anyway!

Would it be ridiculous to expect results from interview before Christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

ddpas wrote: »
    Would it be ridiculous to expect results from interview before Christmas??

Tacking on to this, what's the next stage normally? E.g. are we told our order of merit from the interview before we're asked for references? Or asked for references first?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

For what it's worth, I got my results for the IGEES AO comp presentation today.

They give a max score, a pass score and your score. No overall average or anything like that so it's hard to know how you did relative to anyone else.

Then they say the next stage is a competitive interview. No indication if they'll use an OOM to decide who interviews first but you've got to expect they will.

Am I right in saying this stage was just pass/fail? Hoping that once we've met the qualifying standard it will be a fresh assessment at interview stages in calculating OOM scores, wasn't the happiest with the presentation score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mogs121

Am I right in saying this stage was just pass/fail? Hoping that once we've met the qualifying standard it will be a fresh assessment at interview stages in calculating OOM scores, wasn't the happiest with the presentation score.

I thought this stage was pass/fail but that they add your score from the presentation with your score from the interview to get your overall OOM score. I could be wrong though!

Advertisement