Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Decided to try out a team with Brewster included to see what it would look like:
    Martinez Steer
    Robertson KWP Taylor Saiss Lamptey
    Salah KdB Podence Barnes Grealish
    Werner Jimi Brewster

With 0.5 itb. That's not a bad looking team at all at all.

I'm leaning towards a Brewster team now as it looks like he is getting a move. It's a similar team to greedygoblin with all of the starting 11 in good form:

Martinez
    Robertson Sais James
    KDB Salah Son Barnes Foden
    DCL Jimenez

Subs - Lamptey Brewster Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards a Brewster team now as it looks like he is getting a move. It's a similar team to greedygoblin with all of the starting 11 in good form:

Martinez
    Robertson Sais James
    KDB Salah Son Barnes Foden
    DCL Jimenez

Subs - Lamptey Brewster Mitchell

I am 0.5m short of that team - no idea where you are getting it from!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's a case of having had lot of those players stored in the the squad before their 0.1 rises rather than having team value built up.

Are you sure? I have Mitchell in there as 4.0, maybe you have Taylor or Justin?

527393.PNG

FHFC wrote: »
    It's a case of having had lot of those players stored in the the squad before their 0.1 rises rather than having team value built up.

Yeah, I took that into account and could only find 0.4m from price rises

.2 DCL
    .1 James/Saiss

EDIT: Ah can see you got Son at 8.9

Cracking team

• Advertisement

Yeah, I took that into account and could only find 0.4m from price rises

.2 DCL
    .1 James/Saiss

EDIT: Ah can see you got Son at 8.9

Cracking team

I actually messed up with Son, I had him from the start and accidently sold him at 8.9 so didnt get his price rise back to 9.0. It doesnt effect the wc team though as I'm keeping him.

527393.PNG

I think about 7 of those players rose 0.1 this week. DCL rose 0.2.

If you are on wildcard you need to get as many of the rising players in your team as possible, not in an attempt to bank value by selling them out again, but to save 0.1 on as many of the guys you want to keep as possible.

It leads to sometimes having to make calls if you're not sure on your final team. I had Klitch, Salah, Podence, KDB and Son all in as potential final draft guys, so I couldn't catch Hamez rise. Now I'm probably more likely to go Hamez rather Klitch so cost myself 0.1 there.

Have stuck with this for a day now, barring any last minute press conference issues might be locked in - any thoughts

Martinez

Robbo, R James, Saiss Lamptey, Mitchell

KDB, Son, James R, Podence Angiussa

Jimenez, Werner, DCL

Bench - Steer, Lamptey, Mitchell, Angiussa

2.5m in the bank

Possible ways to use the 2.5m

Saiss to TAA
    DCL to Jesus
    Podence to Foden
    Matinez to Mendy

Hoping it will be James R to Pulisic when he is back fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Current draft (very similar to above now I look at it!)

Martinez Steer
    TAA James Saiss Lamptey Mitchell
    Salah KDB Podence Foden Burke
    DCL Werner Jiminez

Players I would also like are Son and/or Rodriguez. If Werner fails against WB, I’ll downgrade him to Mitrovic and upgrade Foden

thunderdog wrote: »

Martinez Steer
    DCL Werner Jiminez

Players I would also like are Son and/or Rodriguez. If Werner fails against WB, I’ll downgrade him to Mitrovic and upgrade Foden

Nice team, tempted by Jesus at all?

Or even taking a gamble on Mendy on the WC, assuming at worst he plays from next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Currently looking at

Martinez(4mil keeper)
    Ake Saiss Castnagne (Dallas/Dunne)
    Klich Mane KDB Hamaz (Joringho)
    Jimenez Werner DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Who's the best 4.5 Burnley defender? Taylor got the assist last week so catches the eye, but he tends to be a one assist a year type guy. Peters came on at RW where he played most of the Summer season, but can't see him staying there. Bardsley a more dependable option? Or Long for the set pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Some unconfirmed rumblings of a Jesus injury.

Delap at 4.5?

527393.PNG
    How do you get the next five fixtures to come up below? Is it the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

What I think I'm going with this week. Take 50.

Ryan ( miazek)

Saiss James vvd ( Lamptey) (Dunne)

Salah Kdb Zaha ( klich) ( Podence)

Werner Jiminez Mitrovic

Think I'm going to settle with this now and stop chopping and changing.
    Id like either kane or son in and Jamrod but I think ill give werner the chance to explode this week again. Wolves fixtures look so favourable that podence and klich should rack up plenty of points too and lamptey can come in when it looks like he can raid or against non top 6 sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Current thinking:

Martinez, Ryan

Robbo, R James, Saiss, Mitchell, Lamptey

KDB, Salah, Son, Zaha, Foden

DCL, Mitro, Bamford

Glaring errors here for anyone? Only thought is Foden to Podence to have a bit of cash in the bank

This Jesus injury news has me a bit spooked

Might go last minute - which leaves no Chelsea cover at all

Podence/Werner (plan was Jesus next week)

to

Sterling/Mitro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

welchy wrote: »
    Current thinking:

Martinez, Ryan

Robbo, R James, Saiss, Mitchell, Lamptey

KDB, Salah, Son, Zaha, Foden

DCL, Mitro, Bamford

Glaring errors here for anyone? Only thought is Foden to Podence to have a bit of cash in the bank

I’d downgrade Foden. You will have to leave one of your 8 attackers on the bench each week (minimum 6m priced player)

Without money in the bank, your forward line offers no flexibility. There is no way to get Ings/Jimenez in without using 2 transfers, never mind the likes of Werner, Martial etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Martinez Steer
    DCL Werner Jiminez

If I was on WC I’d be going very similar to this. Almost identical. I just wouldn’t have Foden personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Who to start/bench......Mitchell or Lamptey? Any advice?

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »

Delap at 4.5?

Saw that. Dont think Delap gets enough gametime to be worth it, but if it's true then a Sterling punt may be more appealing....?

I'm considering going with the both 4.0 defenders as a short term fix to get the team I want. Madness? Its booking a defender transfer for a couple of weeks time, but frees up a hell of an attack.

Martinez (or Ryan), 4.0
    Robbo, Saiss, Lamptey, Dunne, Mitchell
    Sterling, KDB, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Jiminez, DCL, Werner.

Son or Werner downgrade in coming weeks would allow the upgrade at the back. For now Robbo and Saiss (great fixtures) play every week, and Lamptey good for 3 of the next 4.

If going for Sterling over Salah punt having Robbo gives some comfort. No Liverpool at all would be unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Who to start/bench......Mitchell or Lamptey? Any advice?

Dont see much difference in facing Everton or United as defender right now so would be interested in playing Lamptey there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm considering going with the both 4.0 defenders as a short term fix to get the team I want. Madness? Its booking a defender transfer for a couple of weeks time, but frees up a hell of an attack.

Martinez (or Ryan), 4.0
    Robbo, Saiss, Lamptey, Dunne, Mitchell
    Sterling, KDB, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Jiminez, DCL, Werner.

Son or Werner downgrade in coming weeks would allow the upgrade at the back. For now Robbo and Saiss (great fixtures) play every week, and Lamptey good for 3 of the next 4.

If going for Sterling over Salah punt having Robbo gives some comfort. No Liverpool at all would be unbearable.

If you accept replacing one of them might cost 4 points then I guess the question is do you gain more than 4 from your temporarily better attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fitz* wrote: »

Delap at 4.5?

Surely it'd just be Sterling Mahrez Foden as the front 3

dsmythy wrote: »
    If you accept replacing one of them might cost 4 points then I guess the question is do you gain more than 4 from your temporarily better attack.

Alternate is probably to drop Son to a Hamez or maybe Barnes and get another 4.5 and have cash in bank to get Salah back.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Surely it'd just be Sterling Mahrez Foden as the front 3

Agree, this news has confirmed Foden/Jimenez over Jesus/Podence

:)

How do you get the next five fixtures to come up below? Is it the app?

It's a chrome extension called FPL Tools, it's a nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Nice team, tempted by Jesus at all?

Or even taking a gamble on Mendy on the WC, assuming at worst he plays from next week

Yeah just with this particular GW I want both Werner and Jiminez so I can’t squeeze Jesus in for this GW. However I could look at Werner to Jesus the next GW as an option

Mendy could be a decent option alright but I don’t have the 0.5 spare cash for him. Happy enough with James at the moment.

Btw, “Tempted by Jesus at all” would work well as as a slogan outside a church ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah just with this particular GW I want both Werner and Jiminez so I can’t squeeze Jesus in for this GW. However I could look at Werner to Jesus the next GW as an option

Mendy could be a decent option alright but I don’t have the 0.5 spare cash for him. Happy enough with James at the moment.

Btw, “Tempted by Jesus at all” would work well as as a slogan outside a church ;)

Lampard just confirmed Mendy wont play tomorrow: "To start tomorrow is not going to happen. He's had a long week where he hasn't really trained, flew in yesterday, and it just feels too tight a turnaround to put him in contention to start the game."

Advertisement