Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Green&Red wrote: »
    Fair enough, you're right Gus

Having said all that, Jesus could easily get a massive haul. Hopefully not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Two of the best podcasts there with the Black Box and the new Lateriser one.

The other thing is we are all likely wild-carding due to a bad start - having 2 or 3 City assets is the best differential to make up ground. I am in agreement here.

Great fixtures for forwards over the next while - rather tempted by Werner/Jesus/Jimi and cover DCL with JRod

Agreed on that, very tempted to go KDB and Sterling for a week or two, triple up with Jesus next week before getting Salah back in

Salah just scares the sh!t out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I was nearly done and now the Chelsea keeper has been added....

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

As your 4.5m mid I'd consider either Anguissa from Fulham, who people are raving about after last week, although it was against Leeds. Or Olly Burke from SHU, OOP striker, although they have a million strikers.

I don't really like the Dunne pick, he's out when Mee or Tarko is back. But maybe you're short on cash.

I like the Wood pick

Yep, was looking at Anguissa too. He might be a better bet alright.
    Cash is the problem. Chasing a few 0.1's before the deadline but it likely won't be enough to afford upgrades. Son I'm thinking is a luxury i can't afford.

Yep, was looking at Anguissa too. He might be a better bet alright.
    Cash is the problem. Chasing a few 0.1's before the deadline but it likely won't be enough to afford upgrades. Son I'm thinking is a luxury i can't afford.

I've similar issues with Robbo + Grealish v Coleman + Son

I've a fancy for Grealish but you see last week what Son could do

Edit: Anything I say should be discarded, I'm sitting at 5.4m in the world, I didn't think numbers went this high

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

Are you doubling up on the Chelsea defence? James is a gamble but he could be a better way into that defence. Robbo also seems to be very dangerous at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

A because there is no guarantee Mendy will start against WBA, maybe wait for the press conference news. I dont think Kepa will play but Caballero(he played well last night) might play this weekend to allow Mendy time to settle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers lads ...I'll probably stick with Marty and Robbo alright.

Money is tight and it's impossible to cover all the bases....I'm currently Werner-less as well so could be damaging if he explodes this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Usually don’t WC until during or after international break but when I started to tinker with my team I decided to hit the big red button:)

Appreciate people’s thoughts on this squad.

Martinez/ Ryan
    VVD Saiss Ward (CP) KWP Lamptey
    Salah,KDB, Son,Jamrod,Anguissa,
    Jimi, DCL,Bamford

2 keepers rotate well.....although maybe I should just go with Ryan and invest the .5 elsewhere?
    Lamptey injured but good potential for points.
    Saints had septic start but KWP should bring returns.
    Happy enough with MF.....
    Upfront Bamford will get returns for next while (I hope)....

Anyone see any weaknesses in squad?
    I got rid of Mitchell and Justin in case they lose their places...Werner after his blanks and poor play in first two games and Ings as Saints off form.

Appreciate any thoughts on team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Agreed on that, very tempted to go KDB and Sterling for a week or two, triple up with Jesus next week before getting Salah back in

Salah just scares the sh!t out of me

I suggested this a couple of days ago so hope i havent subconsciously planted the seed of a disaster.

I'm leaning back towards doing No Salah again now that I see a few more of you considering it. Quite the confirmation bias loop we have here! :D

Salah scares you too when you own and dont captain. As in when you dont C you're actually hoping he doesnt haul.

Leicester with no Ndidi for the weekend making the City overload even more tempting from the off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I have a similar issue.

My thinking is that Wolves have a great run of fixtures. I want my players to play all of them.
    • Jimi will play them all, Podence is one bad performance away from missing a game (and even then his career stats aren't amazing)
    • Even if they play the same minutes Jimi will outscore Podence
    • For that reason its likely Jimi/Foden over a Podence/9.5m for me

Yeah Podence isn't a Jimi replacement. But if you can get Podence as an upgrade for a 4.5 or 5m, he could be a great find

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

West Brom have the biggest xGC in the first two games and have actually conceded seven. So I'm captaining Werner.

Lateriser talks about upside point chasing, thats the Werner to Jesus transfer next week IMO. Jesus just chugs along

On West Brom - are they that bad though? they played with 10 men for over 45 mins, and conceded 3, and in their first game they conceded two penalties - so in open play 11 v 11, they have only conceded 3 goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

Tempted by him as well, as Chelsea should be better at the back and 5m is a decent way into that defence.

Might go VVD instead of Trent and then lets me go to Mendy instead of a 4.5m in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have the meat of my team confirmed. 8 (bold) are in to stay and play every week.

Guaita
    TAA, Robertson, Lampety James
    Salah, KDB, Son Podence Klich
    DCL, Ings

Unfortuantely that team is 0.5 over budget, so I need to downgrade one of the following:
    4.5 GK (Martinez) instead of Guaita
    4.5 Def (KWP) instead of James
    5m Mid (Soucek) instead of one of Podence/Klich

Thoughts?

Usually don’t WC until during or after international break but when I started to tinker with my team I decided to hit the big red button:)

Appreciate people’s thoughts on this squad.

Martinez/ Ryan
    VVD Saiss Ward (CP) KWP Lamptey
    Salah,KDB, Son,Jamrod,Anguissa,
    Jimi, DCL,Bamford

2 keepers rotate well.....although maybe I should just go with Ryan and invest the .5 elsewhere?
    Lamptey injured but good potential for points.
    Saints had septic start but KWP should bring returns.
    Happy enough with MF.....
    Upfront Bamford will get returns for next while (I hope)....

Anyone see any weaknesses in squad?
    I got rid of Mitchell and Justin in case they lose their places...Werner after his blanks and poor play in first two games and Ings as Saints off form.

Appreciate any thoughts on team.

You hit on it yourself but I’d downgrade a GK and get Robbo over VVD

Other than that good team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

On a wildcard and this is what I'm going with at the moment:

Martinez (Steer)

Lamptey James Castagne (Konsa, Dunne)

Salah De Bruyne Son Zaha (Burke)

Werner Richarlison Mitrovic

I was hoping I could get your opinions on whether ye would go for Rich, Mitrovic & Zaha (.2 ITB) as I have above or would ye favour Calvert-Lewin, Jimi & Podence (.1 ITB)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah Podence isn't a Jimi replacement. But if you can get Podence as an upgrade for a 4.5 or 5m, he could be a great find

Wolves have great fixtures coming, no harm in doubling up on them plus if Jimmy scores there's a decent chance it will be Podence assisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I've similar issues with Robbo + Grealish v Coleman + Son

I've a fancy for Grealish but you see last week what Son could do

Edit: Anything I say should be discarded, I'm sitting at 5.4m in the world, I didn't think numbers went this high

5.4m....brilliant. I'm 5.2m so I thought I'd had the worse start in here. Oy way is up for us both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

My biggest dilemma atm is do I downgrade TAA for VVD which will give me a better bench. Currently I have

Ryan
    TAA Saiss KWP
    Salah KDB Son Podence Zaha
    Ings DCL

Walton Lamptey Mitchell Brewster

If I get rid of TAA and get in VVD I can swap Brewster for Mitro. But then I have to either change from 352 to 343 and drop Podence for Mitro. Thoughts?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    5.4m....brilliant. I'm 5.2m so I thought I'd had the worse start in here. Oy way is up for us both

Jesus makes me feel bad for pulling the trigger at 4.3m.......

I haven't made a single team with Salah in it, despite the reason I am so low being the last minute decision to remove him from my team and captain Auba.

What does that say about me?

• Advertisement

On a wildcard and this is what I'm going with at the moment:

Martinez (Steer)

Lamptey James Castagne (Konsa, Dunne)

Salah De Bruyne Son Zaha (Burke)

Werner Richarlison Mitrovic

I was hoping I could get your opinions on whether ye would go for Rich, Mitrovic & Zaha (.2 ITB) as I have above or would ye favour Calvert-Lewin, Jimi & Podence (.1 ITB)?

Not even close for me, option 2

No Brewster in the Liverpool squad for anyone after the elusive 4.5m playing striker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

No Brewster in the Liverpool squad for anyone after the elusive 4.5m playing striker
    Decided to try out a team with Brewster included to see what it would look like:
    Martinez Steer
    Robertson KWP Taylor Saiss Lamptey
    Salah KdB Podence Barnes Grealish
    Werner Jimi Brewster

With 0.5 itb. That's not a bad looking team at all at all.

Decided to try out a team with Brewster included to see what it would look like:
    Martinez Steer
    Werner Jimi Brewster

Looks very well but DCL looks like a great 7m striker at well. Went into the wildcard looking to get away from 2 premium forwards, looks like I'll end up with 2/3 after all that.

Great runs for Wolves, Everton, City and Chelsea

Martinez Steer
    Werner Jimi Brewster

That’s a lovely team

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Martinez nyland
    Castagne Lewis kwp taylor lamptey
    Salah KDB James Podence Costa
    Jimenez dcl werner

Thoughts lads? Will bring in Vardy for werner next week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have the meat of my team confirmed. 8 (bold) are in to stay and play every week.

Guaita
    DCL, Ings

Unfortuantely that team is 0.5 over budget, so I need to downgrade one of the following:

Thoughts?

The way I look at it is Klich is getting attacking returns in an attacking team and on penalties. Seems to be nailed too. Potential for a lot of 6 point weeks.

Podence has the potential for attacking returns somewhat OOP, but could be at rotation rush. Potential for 2 & 3 points generally. Also, those fixtures.

KWP doesn't seem to be in a CS team at the minute but is nailed to start. Could pick up cards so potential for 0, 1 & 2 point weeks with the odd 5 or 6.
    I own Podence but I may be switching back to Klich now after typing that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Ake & Son
    or
    Robertson & James?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Ake & Son
    or
    Robertson & James?

Robbo and JamRod has higher potential in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Guaita
    DCL, Ings

Thoughts?

Would you go Martinez, KWP/Taylor and Soucek and with an extra mil get in Jesus for ings? I like city’s fixtures and think he’ll play.
    I wish I was wildcarding reading about all these Scenarios!

Advertisement