Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm getting tempted to go from KDB & Burke (SHU)
    to Sterling & Foden? I could also go Sterling & Foden for what's it's worth.

This Jesus injury would almost mean Sterling is guaranteed for a few weeks as an auxiliary striker option. Foden would also be played as part of the front 3. Both are fit which is key. Pep can play the reserve strikers in the cups for a couple weeks and the CL doesn't start for another 4 weeks roughly. City can afford to lose one game in the group too.

That would mean a change from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 but that's ok as I only play 2 up front anyways.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

I lost a little bit of interest in Foden since he started the cup game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    I lost a little bit of interest in Foden since he started the cup game.

All the alternate options also started the cup game though

Its KDB Sterling locked in and Mahrez/Foden/Torres for 2 spots (assuming Jesus is out)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who's the best 4.5 Burnley defender? Taylor got the assist last week so catches the eye, but he tends to be a one assist a year type guy. Peters came on at RW where he played most of the Summer season, but can't see him staying there. Bardsley a more dependable option? Or Long for the set pieces?
    The best option is Taylor. He is first choice left back. Bardsley will lose his place to lowton. Long will play till mee and tarkowski are fit. Pieters is back up at left back and has got a run out on the wing occasionally due to lots of the burnley wide players being injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

All the alternate options also started the cup game though

Its KDB Sterling locked in and Mahrez/Foden/Torres for 2 spots (assuming Jesus is out)

Ah fair enough yeah,, didn't realise B. Silva was out.

I'd imagine it will be 4-3-3 with KDB-Rodri-Foden in the middle, with Mahrez-Jesus-Sterling up top. If Jesus is injured then Sterling up front with Torres on the wing

• Advertisement

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Ah fair enough yeah,, didn't realise B. Silva was out.

Foden is as much of a rotation risk as Podence (Traore/Neto)

Not saying he wont be - but he has a goal and an assist in two games and is in great form, for a team with few other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm getting tempted to go from KDB & Burke (SHU)
    to Sterling & Foden? I could also go Sterling & Foden for what's it's worth.

This Jesus injury would almost mean Sterling is guaranteed for a few weeks as an auxiliary striker option. Foden would also be played as part of the front 3. Both are fit which is key. Pep can play the reserve strikers in the cups for a couple weeks and the CL doesn't start for another 4 weeks roughly. City can afford to lose one game in the group too.

That would mean a change from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 but that's ok as I only play 2 up front anyways.

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with that plan but I actually think Sterling is a better option on the wing, I'd be interested to see the stats when he plays as a striker but I'd be surprised if he does much better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

with the jesus news i am now considering a dramatic shift in my WC

son & Wood to Sterling and Delap

I already have KDB.

thoughts ?

do it for two weeks, and then shift back after the spurs united game

miller82 wrote: »
    with the jesus news i am now considering a dramatic shift in my WC

son & Wood to Sterling and Delap

I already have KDB.

thoughts ?

do it for two weeks, and then shift back after the spurs united game

Delap very likely wont play, and will be a City spot used

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Delap very likely wont play, and will be a City spot used

Yeah i was thinking that. the temptation to take a punt on a 4.5 city striker

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that plan but I actually think Sterling is a better option on the wing, I'd be interested to see the stats when he plays as a striker but I'd be surprised if he does much better there.

I do too tbh. I kind of more meant that he is guaranteed to start every league game now for a while. There is a couple other 'false 9' options for City even with Bilva out. Foden played there in the CL game, and even KDB could be pushed up there but you'd lose a lot of him there so it's back down to Sterling as the false 9.

Ferran Torres seems to be more of a rough winger but can play on the left, according to transfermarkt. So even if Sterling does play CF, then the LW slot will probably open up to Foden with Mahrez having the right and Torres playing back up.

I think I've just talked myself into the Sterling & Foden double up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fitz* wrote: »
    I do too tbh. I kind of more meant that he is guaranteed to start every league game now for a while. There is a couple other 'false 9' options for City even with Bilva out. Foden played there in the CL game, and even KDB could be pushed up there but you'd lose a lot of him there so it's back down to Sterling as the false 9.

Ferran Torres seems to be more of a rough winger but can play on the left, according to transfermarkt. So even if Sterling does play CF, then the LW slot will probably open up to Foden with Mahrez having the right and Torres playing back up.

I think I've just talked myself into the Sterling & Foden double up!

Yea I think Foden is the real winner out of a Jesus injury. Sterling plays the majorty of games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’ve seen one or two people online with 3 Liverpool at the back so played around with a WC option with those 3 at the back

Martinez Steer
    TAA Robertson VanDyke Lamptey Ferguson
    KDB Sterling Foden Podence Burke
    DCL Jiminez Mitrovic

Not that I’d go for the above, but could be a good set and forget team

I have had money in the bank all week and have been unsure what to do with it.

Would you go

1. Salah/Podence (0.4m in bank)
    2. James/Son (2.5m in the bank) - or (Pulisic/Son longer term)

Or is Salah/KDB too template - and will stop me rising the ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Martinez nyland
    Castagne Lewis kwp taylor lamptey
    Salah KDB James Podence Costa
    Jimenez dcl werner

or

Guaita nyland
    Saisssl castagne Taylor kwp lamptey
    Salah son jayrod Zaha Costa
    Vardy dcl jimenez

a or b lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I'm nearly done with my WC. I've 6.4m left to add a mid . Looking at Costa or Klick. Which is the better opinion from those 2 And is there a better opinion from any other team. I have potence

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Martinez nyland
    Castagne Lewis kwp taylor lamptey
    Salah KDB James Podence Costa
    Jimenez dcl werner

or

Guaita nyland
    Saisssl castagne Taylor kwp lamptey
    Salah son jayrod Zaha Costa
    Vardy dcl jimenez

a or b lads

Why a front 8 that is going to cause you headaches....

If I had to pick A, but downgrading Costa to upgrade the defence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I'm nearly done with my WC. I've 6.4m left to add a mid . Looking at Costa or Klick. Which is the better opinion from those 2 And is there a better opinion from any other team. I have potence

I prefer Klich just due to penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Hamez and Werner or Bruno and DCL??

Why a front 8 that is going to cause you headaches....

If I had to pick A, but downgrading Costa to upgrade the defence

Thinking a myself. Downgrading Costa doesn't really help improve the defence all that much to be honest. There's not much in the 5m to 6m bracket of defenders

• Advertisement

Thinking a myself. Downgrading Costa doesn't really help improve the defence all that much to be honest. There's not much in the 5m to 6m bracket of defenders

Lewis/KWP to Coady/James

Also there may be a 4.4 mid by tomorrow

Lewis/KWP to Coady/James

Also there may be a 4.4 mid by tomorrow

Right think I'm settled on this
    Martinez nyland
    Lamptey Taylor kwp coady castagne
    KDB Salah James Podence jorginho
    Jimenez dcl werner

Werner to Vardy next week

Right think I'm settled on this
    Martinez nyland
    Lamptey Taylor kwp coady castagne
    KDB Salah James Podence jorginho
    Jimenez dcl werner

Werner to Vardy next week

Good luck mate,

What you think of

Martinez, Forster

Robbo, James, Saiss, Lamptey, Mitchell

Salah, KDB, Podence, Angiussa, Foden

Werner, Jimeniz, DCL

Good luck mate,

What you think of

Martinez, Forster

Robbo, James, Saiss, Lamptey, Mitchell

Salah, KDB, Podence, Angiussa, Foden

Werner, Jimeniz, DCL

I like it but I think you have too many players not 100% to play every week in a few weeks.

James could be replaced by azpi
    Mitchell could be replaced by pva
    Foden will not start every week either

I like it but I think you have too many players not 100% to play every week in a few weeks.

James could be replaced by azpi
    Mitchell could be replaced by pva
    Foden will not start every week either

Mitchell wont play, and just need to take the risk with Foden. I might actually upgrade Mitchell tomorrow, but seeing what defenders drop - he is prob ok until the International break

Totally agree with James but some lovely fixtures, and if he was nailed he would be 5.5m minimun

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I just cant decide what to do with this wildcard - I'm like a kid in a sweet shop

Martinez Ryan
    TAA Saiss Dunne Lamptey Mitchell
    Zaha Klich Jamrod Salah KDB
    DCL Jiminez Bamford

Strong front 8 I know but I really like them all. I won't be getting Son in. I have never owned him when he has done well, so I'm going to reward my friends at boards.ie and not get him in. I refuse to break him for you guys :)

Still have 1.1m in the bank. Could downgrade one of Klich or Bamford and I have done on multiple drafts, but I keep coming back to them

Kinda want to keep a bit of money incase I need to upgrade my defence if/when the 4.0's get dropped. Dunne at burnley though, doesnt Dyche have a history of giving players the chance in a team if they're playing well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »
    I just cant decide what to do with this wildcard - I'm like a kid in a sweet shop

Martinez Ryan
    DCL Jiminez Bamford

Strong front 8 I know but I really like them all. I won't be getting Son in. I have never owned him when he has done well, so I'm going to reward my friends at boards.ie and not get him in. I refuse to break him for you guys :)

Still have 1.1m in the bank. Could downgrade one of Klich or Bamford and I have done on multiple drafts, but I keep coming back to them

Kinda want to keep a bit of money incase I need to upgrade my defence if/when the 4.0's get dropped. Dunne at burnley though, doesnt Dyche have a history of giving players the chance in a team if they're playing well ?

I like it, but I don't Rik.

I feel the Leeds and Everton hype may be a bit OTT in general. I wouldn't be basing half my attack on those 2 teams. One of each or maybe two Everton... but they won't be playing a 10 man WBA every week.

Rikand wrote: »

Martinez Ryan
    DCL Jiminez Bamford

I think 1 x Leeds and 1 x Everton attacker is enough.

I like Klich because of penos and price. Bamford will surely eventually lose his place (and minutes in the meantime) to Rodrigo.

Everton do have great fixtures (for their next 10 with exception of LFC and definitely the 5 games immediately after LFC) so maybe it’s worth it.

I don’t think Wolves fixtures (defensively) are as great as people think. Would we be shocked to see Antonio, Mitrovic, Leeds, Wilson, Vardy, Ings or Arsenal score against them in their next 10 ? Although Saiss is cheap so probably worth it.

I don’t like rotating GK’s because of the weekly headache but more importantly because if you take their season return as a weekly average then that average is hugely bumped by the surprise and unexpected clean sheets away to teams they were expected to concede to. Bonus points too. One 4.0 GK makes sense and just one Gk you will play every week.

I’ll be honest and say when I first looked through your squad my first thought was how much itb ? I guessed it would be 2-3m but it’s only 1.1m.

I’d be looking at Leicester over palace for midfield but I 100% get the idea of Zaha angling for a move as he’ll be killing it.

Finally. Can’t believe any WC team wouldn’t have Werner. Doesn’t compute. Will be gobsmacked if Chelsea don’t score in 9 out of their next 10 games.

Gonna leave KDB in tonight, on the off chance he rises and I can catch 0.1 of a rise. Sterling is gonna be that spot I would say.

The only other issue I had is Klich or Podence but I am going with Podence cos I'm stubborn and picked him last week and he is my pet project early pick!

I'm currently looking at

Martinez McCarthy
    TAA Dier Saiss Lamptey Mitchell
    Salah KDB Foden Podence Anguissa
    Werner Jimi Brewster

Have 2.2 in the bank but messed up my team this week really. Need to upgrade Anguissa but can't find a suitable replacement. And probably Dier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think I have most of my wildcard team fixed now but will be offloading Son in the morning. He may get a second price rise and that could mean an extra .1mill when I sell him. Thinking of using the cash to upgrade Bamford. Have already brought in Jininez for DCl to avoid having to pay more for him in the morning. Any advice on the final places appreciated: Son & Bamford to

a/ Havertz and Watkins
    b/ Ings and Trossard
    c/ Greenwood and Wood

Thanks for any opinions.

Advertisement