Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Martinez

TAA
    Robbo
    Saiss

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    J-Rod
    Podence

Jiminez
    Mitro

0.4 away from this team with fodder bench.. who to downgrade?

Was thinking Salah to Sterling for next 3 gameweeks and can review who to downgrade when I'm getting Mo back in GW6?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Martinez

TAA
    Robbo
    Saiss

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    J-Rod
    Podence

Jiminez
    Mitro

Was thinking Salah to Sterling for next 3 gameweeks and can review who to downgrade when I'm getting Mo back in GW6?

Salah to Sterling for 3 weeks looks like a good idea. He has the better fixtures. Very strong team there, no weak spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Jiménez to Richarlison maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

tailgunner wrote: »
    Jiménez to Richarlison maybe?

This is a bad idea

Martinez

TAA
    Robbo
    Saiss

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    J-Rod
    Podence

Jiminez
    Mitro

Saiss to Vinny or Mitro to Bamford
    J-Rod to Grealish, Barnes, Zaha

• Advertisement

Narrowed down to two options

Martinez/Nyland
    Robbo/Holding/Lamptey/Taylor/James
    Grealish/KDB/Salah/Podence/Burke
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Martinez/Nyland
    Saiss/Holding/Lamptey/Taylor/James
    Son/KDB/Salah/Podence/Burke
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Werner will turn into Jesus after this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Salah to Sterling for 3 weeks looks like a good idea. He has the better fixtures. Very strong team there, no weak spots.

J-Rod to Foden
    Mitro to DCL

Green&Red wrote: »

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

That 2nd team is my current team except I have sterling for Salah and 1 different defender for holding who I can't decide on for 5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

If Werner scores 2/3 goals v wba are you really going to transfer him out for Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

macraignil wrote: »
    I don't have Werner in the team currently with the fear of a price drop but most drafts of the wildcard team have him in as captain for the game against WBA. I did not see the Chelsea Liverpool game last game week but the premier league site has Werner on the left of a front three with Havertz in the middle. I'm more worried by the Havertz hat trick and might have to go for a new wildcard team draft with him in instead of Werner.
    If you're basing your team on League Cup fixtures against lower league opposition...
    Yarmolenko got 2 goals and 2 assists Tuesday and Joelinton got 2 goals last night. Go rip up that wildcard :D

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Whose going to take Ake's spot - they went out and bought him because they needed a central defender and he cost £41m.

I like the Ake pick. At the moment I rate him as the best of the 5.5 defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

@Green&Red

Looking at the next 3 fixtures from a defensive viewpoint I'd probably opt for Saiss over Robbo. Wolves have whm, FUL lee vs ARS, avl, eve for Pool. None of those teams are renowned for their defensive abilities but the fact Wolves are facing 2 promoted teams & a depleted West Ham gives Saiss the edge for me.
    Likewise Son has the greater potential over the next 3 I think compared to Grealish.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Yea he's a good shout, he is a goal threat from set pieces too.

If Werner scores 2/3 goals v wba are you really going to transfer him out for Jesus?

No problem doing that at all

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That 2nd team is my current team except I have sterling for Salah and 1 different defender for holding who I can't decide on for 5m.

Read up some of the Arsenal forums and it seems holding will be dropped so he’ll be Saiss and I’ll have either Mitchell or Ferguson

@Green&Red

Looking at the next 3 fixtures from a defensive viewpoint I'd probably opt for Saiss over Robbo. Wolves have whm, FUL lee vs ARS, avl, eve for Pool. None of those teams are renowned for their defensive abilities but the fact Wolves are facing 2 promoted teams & a depleted West Ham gives Saiss the edge for me.
    Likewise Son has the greater potential over the next 3 I think compared to Grealish.

I know it makes no sense but I like the punt on Grealish, Fulham this weekend could be instant returns, suck it up for the next two and then their fixtures are pretty incredible for the next 10 or so

Looking like I’ll have both Saiss and Robbo. Apparently Liverpool haven’t conceded one big chance in their two games

Thanks for the feedback

How sure are you Ake will start? Fernandinho is the only city defender I’d touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Some great feedback there lads - lots of food for thought, thanks.

How sure are you Ake will start? Fernandinho is the only city defender I’d touch

Not sure at all. Pep was rotating centre backs after the break and he probably will do again when the champions league starts.

The argument against him starting is "it didn't workout for the last defender he bought, Stones", and also, there's the whole Pep-Roulette thing.

But I think Pep is looking for a solid back two. Laporte is clearly number 1, and until Ake messes up, the spot is his IMO. I like what I've seen of him, was great in the first few years from Chelsea (surprised Bournemouth managed to make him permanent), and always a threat at corners. City CB's always seem to get decent returns, be it Ottamendi or Laporte.

Last few years, City have had 16, 20, 16 clean sheets. Lets say they end up with 16 again this year, and Ake is in for 12 of them. And lets say he starts 30 of 38 games allowing for rotation. In the past few years he's averaging 4 goals a season, as are Laporte/Otamendi when fit, so say he chips in with 4 goals, and a couple of assists.

That has him at 158 points, plus another 10/15 bonus points has him at 170 points. That's basically VVD points for 1m less, plus you have a sub coming in for the 8 games we have him rotated for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The argument against him starting is "it didn't workout for the last defender he bought, Stones", and also, there's the whole Pep-Roulette thing.

But I think Pep is looking for a solid back two. Laporte is clearly number 1, and until Ake messes up, the spot is his IMO. I like what I've seen of him, was great in the first few years from Chelsea (surprised Bournemouth managed to make him permanent), and always a threat at corners. City CB's always seem to get decent returns, be it Ottamendi or Laporte.

Last few years, City have had 16, 20, 16 clean sheets. Lets say they end up with 16 again this year, and Ake is in for 12 of them. And lets say he starts 30 of 38 games allowing for rotation. In the past few years he's averaging 4 goals a season, as are Laporte/Otamendi when fit, so say he chips in with 4 goals, and a couple of assists.

That has him at 158 points, plus another 10/15 bonus points has him at 170 points. That's basically VVD points for 1m less, plus you have a sub coming in for the 8 games we have him rotated for.

The argument is that he is a left sided centre back, as is Laporte

All good points you make though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Wildcard team as is;

Martinez/ Ryan
    VVD/ Holding/ Justin/Mitchell/ Dunne
    KDB/ salah/ JRod/ Fernandes/ Podence
    Jimenez/ Bamford/ Mitro

.2 on bench.. any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The argument is that he is a left sided centre back, as is Laporte

All good points you make though

No reason why they can't play with two left sided center backs though - i think that you should assume they will play together until proven otherwise.

The original poster was saying that Ake Dunne and Justin may not be in the starting line up's in a few weeks time - i don't think you can treat Ake the same as say Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No changes in the last 24 hours so I must be getting close

Martinez | Nyland

Robertson | Saiss | Taylor | Lamptey | Mitchell

Salah | KDB | Son | Zaha | Burke

DCL | Jiminez | Wood

I'm starting to slightly waver on Son tbh.....Spurs won't be playing Southampton's ridiculous high line every week.

Burke leading the midfield fodder race ahead of Anguissa for now

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Is Reece James absolutely nailed on?

Surely Azp will be still getting a good few league minutes?

I like James @ 5mil if he was nailed on. Might be better going with Lamptey at 4.5?

No reason why they can't play with two left sided center backs though - i think that you should assume they will play together until proven otherwise.

The original poster was saying that Ake Dunne and Justin may not be in the starting line up's in a few weeks time - i don't think you can treat Ake the same as say Dunne.

The original poster was me :D

And I agree, but if you have Dunne, who is very likely to miss out, Justin who is likely to miss out in a few weeks, and Ake, you run the risk of 2 defenders.

FWIW, I would probably keep Ake, but go with a safer pick than Justin to offset random Pep rotation risk

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Is Reece James absolutely nailed on?

Surely Azp will be still getting a good few league minutes?

I like James @ 5mil if he was nailed on. Might be better going with Lamptey at 4.5?

He is not

Its him or a second Liverpool defender for my last spot - and I am siding with him.

He has great attacking potential and great fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

He is not

Its him or a second Liverpool defender for my last spot - and I am siding with him.

He has great attacking potential and great fixtures

Great fixtures and only great fixtures if he starts :D

Cartman78 wrote: »
    No changes in the last 24 hours so I must be getting close

Martinez | Nyland

Robertson | Saiss | Taylor | Lamptey | Mitchell

Salah | KDB | Son | Zaha | Burke

DCL | Jiminez | Wood

I'm starting to slightly waver on Son tbh.....Spurs won't be playing Southampton's ridiculous high line every week.

Burke leading the midfield fodder race ahead of Anguissa for now

Without sounding very FPL Twitter - Son is a great price point with good fixtures.

Long term its a 1.5m to Fernandes, or a switch to Pulisic/Rashford/Ziyech.

He is in my WC Team for this reason

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Great fixtures and only great fixtures if he starts :D

That is the 2m risk you have to take :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭macraignil

Abrahams performance tonight worrying any WC Werner owners?
    If you're basing your team on League Cup fixtures against lower league opposition...
    Yarmolenko got 2 goals and 2 assists Tuesday and Joelinton got 2 goals last night. Go rip up that wildcard :D

I've ripped up the wildcard team a good few times now but probably not going for Joelinton or Yarmolenko I think. Thanks for the suggestions.

Currently looking at avoiding Chelsea altogether until they decide on a settled team. Their players I was considering are too expensive to have in without being nailed on and the one I think is the best option (Pulisic) is still not fit as far as I know. Werner may play but could be a left winger and play well without much FPL points.

Currently thinking of bringing in Greeenwood after a goal and an assist when coming on as a sub in their EFL game. Was originally to be Fernandes but thinking he is too expensive if Man. Utd. are not in good form. I'm going for Greenwood and Rodriquez instead of Fernandes and bench fodder. Does this make sense? If he flops I can sell him for a 5mill midfielder and have enough to bring back Alexander-Arnold for a Liverpool double up in defense.

Advertisement