Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Wildcard team as is;

Martinez/ Ryan
    VVD/ Holding/ Justin/Mitchell/ Dunne
    KDB/ salah/ JRod/ Fernandes/ Podence
    Jimenez/ Bamford/ Mitro

.2 on bench.. any thoughts?

Your defence is a disaster waiting to happen

Holding could be dropped this weekend
    Perreira played last nite, Justin is in his spot
    PVA could come back in for Mitchell but I’d nearly chance him as apparently he’s playing well
    Dunne is out once mee or tarko comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭eggy81

The original poster was me :D

And I agree, but if you have Dunne, who is very likely to miss out, Justin who is likely to miss out in a few weeks, and Ake, you run the risk of 2 defenders.

FWIW, I would probably keep Ake, but go with a safer pick than Justin to offset random Pep rotation risk

It was me who posted the original question.
    I've came around to this in the end.

Ryan, miazek
    Keane, saiss, ake, taa, dunne

Mane, Zaha, kdb, klich, Mccarthy

Jiminez, kane, brewster

Not sure if I can do better for a 4.5m midfielder but at least mccaerthy is playing. Its swings and roundabouts at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

Thoughts?

Martinez/Matt Ryan

TAA / Bellerin / M.Keane / Justin (Def sub = Mitchell)

Klich / DeBruyne / Rodriguz / Bruno Fernandes ( Mid sub = Noble)

Jimenez / Kane (Forward sub = Bamford)

Don't feel great about not having a liverpool attacking player but finding it hard to get one in with balanced squad

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

eggy81 wrote: »

Ryan, miazek

Jiminez, kane, brewster

Not sure if I can do better for a 4.5m midfielder but at least mccaerthy is playing. Its swings and roundabouts at this stage.

Your subs are terrible...likely brewser and dunne don't play in two weeks and Mccarthy will be a 2 point a game player, I'd rather a bit more balanced team, esp if there are injuries where your not taking on -8 or -12 points as you'd have some subs on bench, just my thoughts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Green&Red wrote: »
    Your defence is a disaster waiting to happen

Holding could be dropped this weekend
    Perreira played last nite, Justin is in his spot
    PVA could come back in for Mitchell but I’d nearly chance him as apparently he’s playing well
    Dunne is out once mee or tarko comes back

No he didn't. Wasn't even on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭eggy81

jams100 wrote: »
    Your subs are terrible...likely brewser and dunne don't play in two weeks and Mccarthy will be a 2 point a game player, I'd rather a bit more balanced team, esp if there are injuries where your not taking on -8 or -12 points as you'd have some subs on bench, just my thoughts anyway

Yeah I think I'll try get lamptey in. More or less hoping brewster moves. He'll be out if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looks like my wildcard will be defined by which 3 from

DCL Werner Jesus and Jimmi

Looks like my wildcard will be defined by which 3 from

DCL Werner Jesus and Jimmi

I'd leave Jesus out. The other 3 are nailed on, Jesus can be benched even with when Aguero isn't fit.

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    I'd leave Jesus out. The other 3 are nailed on, Jesus can be benched even with when Aguero isn't fit.

Yeah thats what I have it at the moment, thanks .

The one nagging thing is he is such a differential (3% or so) - an infuriating players to own, but he is one that always should return every game

Sitting at the moment on

Martinez, Button

Robbo, Saiss, James, Lamptey, Mitchell

JRod, KDB, Son, Podence, Angiussa

DCL, Werner, Jimmi

2.5m ITB

If no Jesus may well go Podence to Foden

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Do people think Ake is City's first choice CB?

• Advertisement

BoysNoize wrote: »

Seems to be a point of discussion at the moment - it is a risk, but maybe one worth taking over the next few fixtures

Personally TAA, Robbo, VVD, James, Saiss would be preferable over the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

eggy81 wrote: »

Ryan, miazek

Jiminez, kane, brewster

jams100 wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Martinez/Matt Ryan

TAA / Bellerin / M.Keane / Justin (Def sub = Mitchell)

Klich / DeBruyne / Rodriguz / Bruno Fernandes ( Mid sub = Noble)

Jimenez / Kane (Forward sub = Bamford)

Don't feel great about not having a liverpool attacking player but finding it hard to get one in with balanced squad

Of course you are struggling for funds if you have 3 or more defs >5.0. It looks like CSs will be hard to come by this season so skimping at the back could be a better strategy. The likes of Keane and Saiss will likely get one more goal each for the rest of the season and maybe an assist or two, don't be expecting attacking returns from them.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Of course you are struggling for funds if you have 3 or more defs >5.0. It looks like CSs will be hard to come by this season so skimping at the back could be a better strategy. The likes of Keane and Saiss will likely get one more goal each for the rest of the season and maybe an assist or two, don't be expecting attacking returns from them.

....and here was me seeing if I could get an Ake alongside my Saiss/Robbo/James defence :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

BoysNoize wrote: »

City are apparently trying to sign another CB which says a lot.

No he didn't. Wasn't even on the bench.

Sorry it was Chilwell who played last nite.

Either way my point stands, when he is back Justin is out

Disagree with this completely.
    Post lock down Jesus started 8 of the 10 and was subbed on at HT and after 55mins in the other two, which were games Aguero started in. When Aguero isn’t there he starts

Having said that my plan is to have Werner for this week and C him, then straight out for Jesus

Disagree with this completely.
    Post lock down Jesus started 8 of the 10 and was subbed on at HT and after 55mins in the other two, which were games Aguero started in. When Aguero isn’t there he starts

Having said that my plan is to have Werner for this week and C him, then straight out for Jesus

Jesus has definitely been benched in the past with Aguero unfit. Think he played a front 3 of Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, or maybe B.Silva

Plus - Aguero will be back in a couple of weeks. The other 3 strikers are nailed on to start every league game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just.spotted Mendy (Chelsea) added at 5.0

May not start this weekend but 5.0 for Chelsea keeper may be worth taking that risk on wildcard.

Semedo 5.5 interesting too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sorry it was Chilwell who played last nite.

Either way my point stands, when he is back Justin is out

Ricardo Pereira is due back at the end of next month so you should get WHU and AVL out of Justin after the City match.

I was planning on downgrading one of my expensive attackers(probably Werner) then and upgrading Justin to TAA/Robertson as that's when Liverpool have SHU and WHU in week 6 & 7.

Jesus has definitely been benched in the past with Aguero unfit. Think he played a front 3 of Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, or maybe B.Silva

Plus - Aguero will be back in a couple of weeks. The other 3 strikers are nailed on to start every league game.

Jesus has started more games than any other city attacking player since lock down, that includes Sterling & KDB. If we take the games Aguero has been injured for then he has started every single one.

This was your original comment, which the facts don't back up, without Aguero he is nailed

As for Aguero being back in a couple of weeks, he might be but he might not. He missed 22 games last season, thats a lot of games.

I'll leave it at that, you've obviously made up your mind, I disagree, I think Jesus is probably the best pick of the forwards while theres no Aguero

• Advertisement

I'll leave it at that, you've obviously made up your mind, I disagree, I think Jesus is probably the best pick of the forwards while theres no Aguero

But next week (having the same thoughts on a Werner /Jesus hokey cokey)

He is infuriating though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

This is a bad idea

Why do you say that? Curious as I have Richarlison in at the moment myself, but can afford Jiménez. My thinking is that I also have Podence so not sure I want to double up, even with those fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Martinez Steer
    Saiss Robertson Lamptey Mitchell Dunne
    Salah KdB Podence Son Reed
    Werner Jimenez Wood

Gives me a strong starting 11 for the next 3 but a fairly poor bench. Maybe having 3 Wolves is overkill? Could switch Podence for another 5.5 like Klich. Son is the one I'm looking at to release some funds to strenghten that defence a bit. Not sure on the keepers either.

But next week (having the same thoughts on a Werner /Jesus hokey cokey)

He is infuriating though...

I'm listening to a lot of podcasts, one of my favourites is Black Box with Az and Mark Suthers, MS references the guy who had the most captain points last year. His key message was fixtures over form, always captain the guy against the whipping boys, so far I'd say thats west Brom or Fulham. West Brom have the biggest xGC in the first two games and have actually conceded seven. So I'm captaining Werner.

Lateriser talks about upside point chasing, thats the Werner to Jesus transfer next week IMO. Jesus just chugs along

tailgunner wrote: »
    Why do you say that? Curious as I have Richarlison in at the moment myself, but can afford Jiménez. My thinking is that I also have Podence so not sure I want to double up, even with those fixtures.

I have a similar issue.

My thinking is that Wolves have a great run of fixtures. I want my players to play all of them.
    • Jimi will play them all, Podence is one bad performance away from missing a game (and even then his career stats aren't amazing)
    • Even if they play the same minutes Jimi will outscore Podence
    • For that reason its likely Jimi/Foden over a Podence/9.5m for me

I'm listening to a lot of podcasts, one of my favourites is Black Box with Az and Mark Suthers, MS references the guy who had the most captain points last year. His key message was fixtures over form, always captain the guy against the whipping boys, so far I'd say thats west Brom or Fulham. West Brom have the biggest xGC in the first two games and have actually conceded seven. So I'm captaining Werner.

Lateriser talks about upside point chasing, thats the Werner to Jesus transfer next week IMO. Jesus just chugs along

Two of the best podcasts there with the Black Box and the new Lateriser one.

The other thing is we are all likely wild-carding due to a bad start - having 2 or 3 City assets is the best differential to make up ground. I am in agreement here.

Great fixtures for forwards over the next while - rather tempted by Werner/Jesus/Jimi and cover DCL with JRod

tailgunner wrote: »

That guy was specifically asking about saving 0.5m I think, maybe 1m. Jimi has great fixtures, I think hes 0.5m a better player than Ricki, although Ricki could easily get a 20 pointer, I think Jimi will get more over a 5/6 week period.

I'd also nearly ignore the Wolves double up, its a 5.5m mid, in isolation what are you expecting from him over five weeks? For me I'd be very happy with a goal and two assists, maybe 2 CS points and 3BPS, thats a total of 26 points. If he got 20 I think he'd be doing well

I actually really liked Chestys suggestion for that guy to find his 0.5m
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    J-Rod to Foden
    Mitro to DCL

Jesus has started more games than any other city attacking player since lock down, that includes Sterling & KDB. If we take the games Aguero has been injured for then he has started every single one.

This was your original comment, which the facts don't back up, without Aguero he is nailed

As for Aguero being back in a couple of weeks, he might be but he might not. He missed 22 games last season, thats a lot of games.

Facts do back it up actually - When Aguero was injured on 22 June, Jesus didn't start the next game. Pep started with a front 3 of Sterling, Silva and Mahrez.
    Earlier in the season he did something similar against United where he didn't play a centre forward despite Jesus being fit.

My point is Jimenez, DCL and Werner are pretty much guaranteed to start whereas Jesus has been benched in the past.

Martinez Steer
    Saiss Robertson Lamptey Mitchell Dunne
    Salah KdB Podence Son Reed
    Werner Jimenez Wood

Gives me a strong starting 11 for the next 3 but a fairly poor bench. Maybe having 3 Wolves is overkill? Could switch Podence for another 5.5 like Klich. Son is the one I'm looking at to release some funds to strenghten that defence a bit. Not sure on the keepers either.

As your 4.5m mid I'd consider either Anguissa from Fulham, who people are raving about after last week, although it was against Leeds. Or Olly Burke from SHU, OOP striker, although they have a million strikers.

I don't really like the Dunne pick, he's out when Mee or Tarko is back. But maybe you're short on cash.

I like the Wood pick

• Advertisement

Facts do back it up actually - When Aguero was injured on 22 June, Jesus didn't start the next game. Pep started with a front 3 of Sterling, Silva and Mahrez.
    Earlier in the season he did something similar against United where he didn't play a centre forward despite Jesus being fit.

My point is Jimenez, DCL and Werner are pretty much guaranteed to start whereas Jesus has been benched in the past.

Fair enough, you're right Gus

Advertisement