Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

DonVito wrote: »
    Anyone hear back from DE internships?

If I'm not mistaken DE has already interviewed candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Aye, from the interviews I mean :o

Aye, from the interviews I mean :o

Ah okay I don't think so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Hi All,

I note on Philip Lee's page about traineeship applications it says ''PPC1/PPC2 completion ideal, but not essential.'' I thought you have to have a training contract to start in Blackhall? Also, is this an indication that they do not cover these fees?

Just wondering if anyone has any information on them.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

AA247 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I note on Philip Lee's page about traineeship applications it says ''PPC1/PPC2 completion ideal, but not essential.'' I thought you have to have a training contract to start in Blackhall? Also, is this an indication that they do not cover these fees?

Just wondering if anyone has any information on them.

Thanks

I actually just read in their booklet that they do cover fees. Just thought it was strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sheepsleep

Anyone hear back from DE internships?
    Haven't heard anything back yet. Expecting the worst since I was told they aren't taking many on

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Yeah they're taking 4/100 interviewed apparently. Thought calls were going out yesterday so not feeling very optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sheepsleep

Yeah they're taking 4/100 interviewed apparently. Thought calls were going out yesterday so not feeling very optimistic.
    I heard it was 20/100 ? Hopefully they let us know either way soon

Does anybody know if any firms are reducing/delaying trainee intakes due to the business effects of Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

I actually have a training contract with A&L so I've been through the whole spiel already. They've gotten the most amount of applicants out of any year this time I've heard. It's a bit insane.

Congrats!! Yeah said I'd keep trying, when I first interviewed with them I had no experience with top 5 firm interviews. Lets just say I left a lot to be desired with my performance!

Yeah, its no wonder there was a 3 stage assessment, sieve out a lot of unsuitable candidates without wasting time looking at thousands of applications. they had well in excess of 1000 applications in 2019 - I assume the number is astronomical this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Shylawgirl

Does anyone know when Matheson is getting back to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Shylawgirl wrote: »

In the next few days.

How did everyone's interviews go?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

In the next few days.

I thought it went well when I came out but I'm starting to second guess myself. Hahaha the joys of waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Hi does anyone know what time the Law Society webinar on how to gain a TC in today's climate is on at on Monday? I applied to get an invitation to it just to give it a go and see do I gain any knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 14 livelaughlaw

They told me it would be Tuesday/ Wednesday!

Does anybody know if any firms are reducing/delaying trainee intakes due to the business effects of Covid?

Yes I know some firms have their TCs full until 2023 and Beauchamps postponed their incoming TC last year

In the next few days.

It's hard to tell to be honest, they just ran through my application and asked about my experiences so I'm not sure if they avoided complicated questions because they weren't interested or if that was just their general approach. Found the partners very hard to read to so I have no idea how I came across. On paper I'm very confident with my candidacy but not so much from that interview - fingers crossed I guess!!! Anyone else with a similar experience?

What do people think about the usefulness of doing a Masters? I have a TC in place and a year to burn. I can't do any travelling of course, wondering if I should do a Masters for next year or just find any job - legal or non legal - that I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

What do people think about the usefulness of doing a Masters? I have a TC in place and a year to burn. I can't do any travelling of course, wondering if I should do a Masters for next year or just find any job - legal or non legal - that I can.

If you have the extra money and are okay with another year of study I’d do a masters tbh very useful to move up in jobs and make a name for yourself !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shylawgirl

Would you be able to balance work alongside the FE1s?

• Advertisement

Would you be able to balance work alongside the FE1s?

I don't really have a choice! I'm not living with my parents anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I don't really have a choice! I'm not living with my parents anymore.

I’d definitely do a masters especially if you have a particular interest in some aspect of law - if I had the money I myself would do a masters !! J

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Law1234

Any update on A&L offers?

Law1234 wrote: »
    Any update on A&L offers?

when I got mine in 2019 it came around 6

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

I would travel or work abroad at least. I know not ideal at the moment, but towards the end of this year, definitely an option. You may never have this much freedom again

law987 wrote: »
    I would travel or work abroad at least. I know not ideal at the moment, but towards the end of this year, definitely an option. You may never have this much freedom again

I wish this was the case. Australia and New Zealand say they're keeping borders closed till the end of the year. America probably too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

True, Europe always an option. Rent in most cities is cheaper than Dublin, so that's my logic. Got to make use of the free movement ;)

any ALG updates? Getting slightly worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Matheson offers out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 UCCME

Did anyone get offered an internship with McC F :)

Advertisement