Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

Say you're heading to Clonea from Dungarvan, once you pass Kilminion graveyard on your left its just a bit up the road on your right. Across from a small estate called Cúl na Cille I think

is that the field,where some farmer is wintering cattle in terrible conditions??

I seen it for sale last year,assumed it had been snapped up for building....a major coup for them,if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any news on the senior hurlers

Any new additions to the squad and management ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

is that the field,where some farmer is wintering cattle in terrible conditions??

I seen it for sale last year,assumed it had been snapped up for building....a major coup for them,if it is

Yup thats the one, The cattle were even on the news last night in the background.. you wouldn't keep pigs in the mud they're lying in. Not a patch of grass in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭skaface

Waternut wrote: »
    Fair play to the ladies. So where will the pitch be? RTE mentions Dungarvan but the Greenway doesn’t really go into Dungarvan, so I’m assume it will be in Ballinroad somewhere?

The Greenway starts in the heart of Dungarvan, goes right into the town... To see where the
    New pitch is, it's on the way out to Cloneajust back a bit, before the Rugby Club on the opposite side of the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭deisedude

PTH2009 wrote: »

Shame thats how Darragh Fives bows out. If only he could stay fit (not his fault) he had all the potential to be one of our best ever players

deisedude wrote: »
    Shame thats how Darragh Fives bows out. If only he could stay fit (not his fault) he had all the potential to be one of our best ever players

Hopefully the door is left open for him if he can get through a club campaign injury free

Let's hope Sheedy stays in charge of Tipp for 2022, no doubt Cahill will be approached for the job. Cahills 2 year term is up at the end of this season but has an option of a 3rd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Did he start the All Ireland final in 2017? I’m trying to think of the last meaningful impact he’s had in a Waterford jersey.

Interesting to see the additions to the squad, DJ Foran, Keating and Douglas. All big players physically. Kiely can mix it too. Interesting to see where Shane Bennett would fit in.

Did he start the All Ireland final in 2017? I’m trying to think of the last meaningful impact he’s had in a Waterford jersey.

Interesting to see the additions to the squad, DJ Foran, Keating and Douglas. All big players physically. Kiely can mix it too. Interesting to see where Shane Bennett would fit in.

No he didn't play that day and you are right it probably is time but ability wise he had such potential

Edit I'm wrong he did play

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HelloHello1234

started the 2017 semi v cork when de burca was suspended and was our best player that day.

Always thought of him as a more natural centre back than de burca and wouldve been a massive plus to us this year with de burca injured

• Advertisement

Seeing all the news of Paul Murphy of Kilkenny returning im getting flashbacks of that Croke Park drawn game in 2016 where he missed a chance at the end to win it for Kilkenny. it would of been extremely heartbreaking if we had a lost in Croke Park that day by that late late score. Pity we didn't win the week after but the 2017 win (which we almost ****ed away) and last years semi final win has buried those memories deep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Seeing all the news of Paul Murphy of Kilkenny returning im getting flashbacks of that Croke Park drawn game in 2016 where he missed a chance at the end to win it for Kilkenny. it would of been extremely heartbreaking if we had a lost in Croke Park that day by that late late score. Pity we didn't win the week after but the 2017 win (which we almost ****ed away) and last years semi final win has buried those memories deep

Clearly not!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Hopefully the door is left open for him if he can get through a club campaign injury free

Let's hope Sheedy stays in charge of Tipp for 2022, no doubt Cahill will be approached for the job. Cahills 2 year term is up at the end of this season but has an option of a 3rd season.

The strenuous campaign Tourin will have will really show his worth up for inter county.

I’m being sarcastic of course, surely there would be a way (group team etc) that Darragh fives could also play more games at a higher level?

The strenuous campaign Tourin will have will really show his worth up for inter county.

I’m being sarcastic of course, surely there would be a way (group team etc) that Darragh fives could also play more games at a higher level?

Really not sure about group teams. In Cork, Immokily were like the Harlem Globetrotters the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Really not sure about group teams. In Cork, Immokily were like the Harlem Globetrotters the last few years

Went to the county final a few years ago and found it odd Immokily were demolishing Midleton, a single town in their catchment area.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Went to the county final a few years ago and found it odd Immokily were demolishing Midleton, a single town in their catchment area.

There’s a tradition of it in cork. There’s an honour in being selected to represent your divisional team which stretches back to the foundations of the GAA. It’s not something you just manufacture like Waterford tried in the 90s, it just didn’t work

Started reading Michael Ryans book and have to say its good. The amount of respect there is the GAA world for him is amazing. As was said here by another poster he doesn't get the praise he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Does anyone else think it slightly strange that with Sokky unavailable next year, none of the new players named to be called up are goalkeepers? Incidentally who would be the next one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

Does anyone else think it slightly strange that with Sokky unavailable next year, none of the new players named to be called up are goalkeepers? Incidentally who would be the next one up?

There is two on the panel, I'm sure with a few practice matches another will be added

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

Would Seanie Barry & Jordan Henley be the 2 obvious candidates? Stephen Enright is a good goalie as well but the wrong side of 30 & played football with the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Group team with kill fenor dunhill bonmahon newtown butlerstown would make a decent senior team - would stop all this nonsense with players transferring and assisting

Same in city ferrybank Erin’s own saviours St. Paul’s

Down west then I’m sure could make up 1

Would cut all the nonsense out!

Mind you, one would have to wonder if the Kirwan situation was with any other club would be allowed bar the county board chairman’s club.

Group team with kill fenor dunhill bonmahon newtown butlerstown would make a decent senior team - would stop all this nonsense with players transferring and assisting

Same in city ferrybank Erin’s own saviours St. Paul’s

Down west then I’m sure could make up 1

Would cut all the nonsense out!

Mind you, one would have to wonder if the Kirwan situation was with any other club would be allowed bar the county board chairman’s club.

They wouldn't win the intermediate championship never mind been decent senior teams

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublin Dave 2014

Group teams in my opinion create the opportunity for many players to play senior hurling at a competitive level
    West Waterford; Lismore , Ballysaggart & Cappaquin ,
    Rural clubs are at a huge disadvantage verses the city teams . Kerry have had group teams for years in football, players gain experience at the top level, Would create new tallent for county team .

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Group teams in my opinion create the opportunity for many players to play senior hurling at a competitive level
    West Waterford; Lismore , Ballysaggart & Cappaquin ,
    Rural clubs are at a huge disadvantage verses the city teams . Kerry have had group teams for years in football, players gain experience at the top level, Would create new tallent for county team .

You do realise 2 of the teams you mentioned above are currently senior?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Tom Feeney has been added to Liam Cahill’s backroom team as selector, presumably in place of Stephen Molumphy.

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Tom Feeney has been added to Liam Cahill’s backroom team as selector, presumably in place of Stephen Molumphy.

Did he work as coach with many clubs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Did he work as coach with many clubs ?

Ballyduff juniors

" wrote:

I don’t get that logic. Wouldn’t Kill be the big losers here as they are actually losing their best player?

I don’t get that logic. Wouldn’t Kill be the big losers here as they are actually losing their best player?

He is still playing football for kill, kill Don't have a hurling team they are assisting fenor,

• Advertisement

He is still playing football for kill, kill Don't have a hurling team they are assisting fenor,

Yes ok. If he wanted senior club hurling you’d rather see him going to a club like Clonea than Ballygunner or De la salle getting him

Advertisement