Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Youtube video's, there's always YouTube video's.

Anyone remember the guy who (in answer to a question,) posted links to several video's in his reply and demanded people watch them as they contained evidence of whatever shìte he was spouting.

He got pissey when it was pointed out to him that the total run time of the (I think it was four or five) video's amounted to almost twenty seven hours and no one was going to sit for a day and watch them.

Well these are complicated theories. Perhaps are too used to their Snapchat and instant messaging. They want a global plot involving governments, private business, medical, educational etc etc broken down into a 1 min 27sec explainer narrated by Leo DiCaprio

Please are gone lazy and stupid. Just as planned

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Well these are complicated theories. Perhaps are too used to their Snapchat and instant messaging. They want a global plot involving governments, private business, medical, educational etc etc broken down into a 1 min 27sec explainer narrated by Leo DiCaprio

This page is 167 pages long and we are yet to have a single post wrapping this "conspiracy" up into some form of digestible paragraph.

Why don't you try for us? What it is, who is doing it, and why.

This page is 167 pages long and we are yet to have a single post wrapping this "conspiracy" up into some form of digestible paragraph.

Why don't you try for us? What it is, who is doing it, and why.

I haven't the time and you haven't the patience nor the attention span.
    It would involve a trip through history back as far as the industrial revolution to get a grasp on where it all began. We would then work our way back towards modern times.

Il write it all out someday. In a book perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Complicated my arse. Conspiracy loons often resort to linkdumping tons of irrelevant nonsense in the hopes that people will either just believe that quantity equals quality, or as a way to smother valid discussion. Inevitably if you watch the videos or read the content they A) do not say what the poster has claimed they said or B) just contain outright lies.

Complicated my arse. Conspiracy loons often resort to linkdumping tons of irrelevant nonsense in the hopes that people will either just believe that quantity equals quality, or as a way to smother valid discussion. Inevitably if you watch the videos or read the content they A) do not say what the poster has claimed they said or B) just contain outright lies.

The video you watched may have been counter propaganda. Produced by organisations under the direction of government to flood the market with "nonsense" . The goal of this is to discredit the entire narrative.

It's a well known tactic and is used regularly.

Can you name any of these videos that you claim to have watched or items you have read and I will search them. Even one will do to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It would involve a trip through history back as far as the industrial revolution to get a grasp on where it all began. We would then work our way back towards modern times.

So people from 1760-1830 approx. want to rule the world now? Sounds cool. How have they still alive to reap the benefits today?

The video you watched may have been counter propaganda. Produced by organisations under the direction of government to flood the market with "nonsense" . The goal of this is to discredit the entire narrative.

It's a well known tactic and is used regularly.

Can you name any of these videos that you claim to have watched or items you have read and I will search them. Even one will do to start.

More nonsense often trotted out - false flag attacks.

Do your own research, I am not here to waste my time fulfilling your fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So people from 1760-1830 approx. want to rule the world now? Sounds cool. How have they still alive to reap the benefits today?
    Illuminati are immortal duh.

More nonsense often trotted out - false flag attacks.

Do your own research, I am not here to waste my time fulfilling your fantasies.

So despite saying if you watch the videos or read the literature when asked you cannot name any of the videos or literature.

Your cred(ibility ) score just took a hit there.

So despite saying if you watch the videos or read the literature when asked you cannot name any of the videos or literature.

Your cred(ibility ) score just took a hit there.

So find them yourself, you are posting in the same threads.

Your deflection attempts are transparent as hell, try harder.

• Advertisement

So find them yourself, you are posting in the same threads.

Your deflection attempts are transparent as hell, try harder.

Hey you made the claim friend. This is all your own doing.

The deflection is coming from you. I asked for titles, you said get them yourself. Iv nothing to deflect.

What are the titles? Stop deflecting and tell us .

If you don't know then just say so. We will know for next time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Or maybe it's some conspiracy monger who's spreading misinformation either because they don't know any better or because they don't care.

But since it can't be possible that a conspiracy theorist is just wrong, it can't be that and obviously must be a government plant...

Hey you made the claim friend. This is all your own doing.

The deflection is coming from you. I asked for titles, you said get them yourself. Iv nothing to deflect.

What are the titles? Stop deflecting and tell us .

If you don't know then just say so. We will know for next time

Feel free to read the existing posts from your fellow loons, I won't be entertaining you

Feel free to read the existing posts from your fellow loons, I won't be entertaining you

"Inevitably if you watch the videos or read the content they A) do not say what the poster has claimed they said or B) just contain outright lies"

This is what you said. Look like you made it up. Which is kind of ironic considering what you wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Weird, I'm currently bidding on houses... Other people are too, mad. If anything you just highlighted the need for greater government regulation on housing.

I'm too, and guess what? It's become nearly impossible to win a bidding war
    Prices are at their peak since the last property bubble with no signs of stopping. More people are dependent on Social housing, what does that tell you?

I think TrangiaCoffee might be talking about what the future has in store for us, for example the 1,650 apartments planned for the Clonliffe College site will ALL be owned by US property group Hines and are NOT for sale.
    Good luck with your house hunting.

Correct

PintOfView wrote: »
    How come there are any number of Christian youtubers, etc., who are not deplatformed?

Are you saying that you think it's Christian to promote falsehoods and misinformation?

Have you an example of a Christian deplatformed for their Christian views?

Plenty of them have their channels demonetized, shadow banned or just straight out banned.
    if you need examples of this you must be living on another planet

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

How come there are any number of Christian youtubers, etc., who are not deplatformed?

Are you saying that you think it's Christian to promote falsehoods and misinformation?

Have you an example of a Christian deplatformed for their Christian views?
    Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Plenty of them have their channels demonetized, shadow banned or just straight out banned.

That's a cop out. I don't spend my time looking at youtube,
    and I don't seek out Christian videos,
    so how would I be aware of who is banned.

I was replying to a poster who said "People are deplatformed for daring to have conservative or Christian views..."
    If you have an example share it here

I was replying to a poster who said "People are deplatformed for daring to have conservative or Christian views..."

You dont need to spend time on YT to be aware of de-platforming, demonetization and censorship, and which political side is the most affected by it

You dont need to spend time on YT to be aware of de-platforming, demonetization and censorship, and which political side is the most affected by it

So that's a "no" to providing any examples then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Here’s an example, the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.

Parachutes wrote: »
    What conservative and Christian views was he banned for?

Since he was deplatformed, how come he was able to set up his own social media site?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But, if I don't spend time.on Youtube looking for these channels then how would I know the channels are gone?

I only use YouTube if I'm looking for D.I.Y instructions so seriously, how would I know if someone I have never heard of has been banned?

King Mob wrote: »
    What conservative and Christian views was he banned for?

Since he was deplatformed, how come he was able to set up his own social media site?

You’re trying to say he was not deplatformed yet he was simultaneously banned from all mainstream social media websites because, let’s face it, the people who run these companies are extremely socially liberal in their views and didn’t like the things he was espousing. All you have to do is look at their company policies to see this.

Who’s going to stop him setting up his own website? He’s not breaking any laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’m rarely on YouTube so I have no clue who has or hasn’t has access right changes. There is no censorship by removing someone’s access to a social media platform. Every user signs up to terms and conditions. If you break the agreement then you potentially face restrictions on your account. No one is forced to sign up and agree to these terms, nor is anyone forced to break them. It is not censorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You’re trying to say he was not deplatformed yet he was simultaneously banned from all mainstream social media websites because, let’s face it, the people who run these companies are extremely socially liberal in their views and didn’t like the things he was espousing. All you have to do is look at their company policies to see this.

If I were to send you an abusive PM or call you a C&#@ on this thread I would be (rightly) banned because I broke the sites T&C's that I agreed to when I created my account. Would you consider Boards banning me to be

A: Justified

Or

B: Deplatforming me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I find it hilarious that people think Google etc are actively banning people based on some notion of perceived political views. Google/FB/Twitter sells advertisements and are extremely good at it. Their only interest is themselves and advancement of their own business. They don't give a damn what content they show as long as it's legal or doesn't impact their core business i.e. people keep clicking it. It's why characters like Trump get ahead in the first place - they promote him, they really helped him in becoming president.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

I can't say that I was entirely comfortable with Trump getting banned.

However it is the case that he was responsible for emitting large volumes of untruths,
    and because of his profile and reach, these lies were making a lot of people believe stuff that simply wasn't true.

I think that there is insufficient sanction on publicly proclaiming stuff that is not true.
    This is itself like a virus or cancer on society.
    Someone, like Trump, who make claims that are broadcast to millions, should be accountable for what they say.
    If they are consistently lying then I think it's fine, and even important, to deplatform them.
    The same goes for everyone else, and even News channels!!

The problem is that some people pick a side, and then use every trick in the book to justify it, even lies.
    However life is a bit more complicated than supporting a football team.

We will all be worse off if this US type partisan politics infects us,
    where lies can be promoted with no onus to justify them,
    and valid points, on both sides of the argument, can be ignored due to who said it.

If I were to send you an abusive PM or call you a C&#@ on this thread I would be (rightly) banned because I broke the sites T&C's that I agreed to when I created my account. Would you consider Boards banning me to be

A: Justified

Or

B: Deplatforming me?

Two slightly different scenarios let’s be honest.

When people of a left wing political bent break the T&C’s of these websites they rarely get banned though. It’s a double standard in policing.

• Advertisement

I really wouldn't bother. This thread established long ago that you guys don't even read the source material, the Great Reset. In similar fashion, instead of just briefly explaining the theory, you claim you don't have time, but you will have time to watch YouTube videos on it and post vaguely about it here.

So I'll ask again. Describe what you think is happening in a concise paragraph. Take the time to tell us what's going on, because otherwise, you're showing you don't understand the topic well enough.

Every other conspiracy theory can be outlined in a few sentences, so why not this one.

Advertisement