Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

I have elderly relatives, I know people with health issues, why would I risk catching it and passing it onto them? Maybe you wear them because you are told to, I wear one because I know I dont want anyone else I know to die.

Ya I was wearing them far before they became a requirement tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I have elderly relatives, I know people with health issues, why would I risk catching it and passing it onto them? Maybe you wear them because you are told to, I wear one because I know I dont want anyone else I know to die.

They are all going to die eventually, everyone you know, every single person. A 5 cent mask ( marked up here) from China won’t make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Paddygreen wrote: »
    They are all going to die eventually, everyone you know, every single person. A 5 cent mask ( marked up here) from China won’t make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Thats probably one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read in my many years on here.

Thats probably one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read in my many years on here.

If donning your magic mask means your conscience is clear then go for it. I’ll stick to the rosery beads and holy water.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

You claimed that navy seals are bing injected with nano RFID tags and are tracked from thousands of miles away, please post proof for this claim.

I never referenced both RFID and nanotechnology in the same sentence with the navy seals

check again

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115590258&postcount=835

• Advertisement

I dont wear a mask to protect myself i wear one to protect others. Is that such a hard concept for you to understand?

dodging the question

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Wow, what an ignorant comment

A mask could easily make the difference since it reduces the spread of the virus.. You'll also find the countries with the lowest levels of the virus tend to have happily adopted wearing masks as they culturally do so as a result of previous viruses.

Poorside wrote: »
    No matter what you think, no one can say why the majority of people are wearing masks, I know why I and people close to me wear them, I can't answer for anyone else, so your question has no definitive answer.

2 weeks ago nobody was wearing them in crowded outdoor areas as the concept was outside was ok
    Then the narrative is you should wear them in outside places
    What happens next, the majority start wearing them in outside places

If donning your magic mask means your conscience is clear then go for it. I’ll stick to the rosery beads and holy water.

So by your logic when I'm taking my elderly relative shopping later I shouldn't ask them to wear a seat belt and I can speed everywhere because sure they are going to die eventually anyway.

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    2 weeks ago nobody was wearing them in crowded outdoor areas as the concept was outside was ok
    That's not remotely true. Check any BLM protests and majority were wearing masks outside. It was the recommendation of Fauci, in fact. Even walking around Cork after first lockdown lifted, plenty were wearing masks outside.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I still dont understand why you feel the need to educate me that nano = 10 power minus 9?
    I grasped the concept of exponential maths in secondary school

Passive RFID doesnt require a power source, so this allows devices to be a lot smaller than an RFID that do require a power source

As an engineer you should have an open mind to this, technology is a lot more advanced than what the every day person thinks is possible
    Robots couldnt walk ten years ago, they are now jumping, doing backflips

I was working on speech synthesis and speech recognition 28yrs ago that you are only seeing now on mainstream with the likes of Alexa and Google Nest
    You should know how quickly technology moves and if I'm right would have been one of the main reasons that you studied electronics

You said yourself that you didn't fully understand the concept of nano. I'm just explaining what nano is. It's one billionth of a unit..ie 10 to the power of minus 9.

You're partly right in saying passive RFID doesn't require a power source. But to do anything useful it need an RFID reader which acts as a power source. Without that it similar to a barcode.

I know electronics is getting smaller and smarter all of the time but one thing always remains constant...it needs a continuous power source regardless of how small that power source is.

I never referenced both RFID and nanotechnology in the same sentence with the navy seals

check again

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115590258&postcount=835

OK, wheres your evidence that "nano tech" is used by navy seals and is able to be tracked from thousands of miles away?

You've referred to tracking technology of soldiers on covert missions. The implication being that they don't have to repeated have rfid tech scanned. So really limited use case in reality. It isn't nanotech and it's in their clothing and is scanned. So not doing anything remotely advanced in contrast to what you're envisioning.

https://www.eetimes.com/u-s-navy-uses-rfid-technology-to-track-wounded-in-iraq/

So this injected rfid tag would have to be used on an incredibly short range basis in reality. I'm sure you can provide some research papers on it.

again, not what I said
    I said nanotechnology is used with navy seals for tracking
    I know how far and the limitations of an RFID tag has
    if its a couple of mm, then thats sufficient for a system to verify is someone has one on their person

You dont walk into an airport and the metal detector wand at the gate beeps at you

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Wow, what an ignorant comment

It’s just a fact of life, sorry if it upsets you. An easy way to manipulate and control people isn’t it? tapping into their fear of death.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Do you ever cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze and if so why?

if you took the time to read what I said in relation to the framework & backbone of facial recognition systems not being fully operational yet

There would be no point now in having everyone take off their masks as they would start to feel that things were getting back to normal and would be more hesitant to take a vaccine

Masks on, then the vaccine, masks off, then the systems will be used

Ask yourself the question, are the majority of people wearing masks because they think it will protect them from the virus or because they are being told to wear them?
    Same question to you all
    Dohnhjoe, Timberrrrrrr, aido, King M, Fighting T, poorside and anyone else I missed

You have been importuning me to answer your questions on here so I'd be interested to hear what your opinion is on that question?

A mask reduces the risk of spreading the virus, it's been addressed so many times in this thread I've lost count. If you can't or don't want to understand that, no one can help you. You seem highly confused (or ignorant) about this whole thing.

Perhaps start addressing some of the many questions put to you about your conspiracies on the matter..

so if you were told tomorrow to remove the mask, what would you do?

Ya I was wearing them far before they became a requirement tbh.

you are in the monority

Whats your opinion of the majority of people and why they wear them?

It’s just a fact of life

Avoidable injuries and deaths are just that, avoidable. No one wants their kids, family members, relatives and so on to die unnecessarily. Making a comment along the lines of "well everyone dies" is beyond lazy and ignorant.

• Advertisement

so if you were told tomorrow to remove the mask, what would you do?

Why would I be told to remove it?

That's not remotely true. Check any BLM protests and majority were wearing masks outside. It was the recommendation of Fauci, in fact. Even walking around Cork after first lockdown lifted, plenty were wearing masks outside.

plenty is not the majority

the wearing of masks outside suddenly increased in the last couple weeks since meehole martin said so
    Thats a fact

aido79 wrote: »
    You said yourself that you didn't fully understand the concept of nano.

Did I? where?
    You're partly right in saying passive RFID doesn't require a power source. But to do anything useful it need an RFID reader which acts as a power source. Without that it similar to a barcode.

yip, the reader is powered, not the tag

A barcode doesnt have a power source, same with QR codes

OK, wheres your evidence that "nano tech" is used by navy seals and is able to be tracked from thousands of miles away?

Its not that difficult to find information like this if you use your keyboard for other purposes than repeating yourself on here

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/05/18/soldiers-may-soon-have-implantable-health-monitors-and-robotic-surgeries-done-remotely/

Do you ever cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze and if so why?

this has been going on since time began and we havent wore masks

fact is the majority of people are wearing masks because they were told to do so

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    A mask reduces the risk of spreading the virus, it's been addressed so many times in this thread I've lost count. If you can't or don't want to understand that, no one can help you. You seem highly confused (or ignorant) about this whole thing.

Perhaps start addressing some of the many questions put to you about your conspiracies on the matter..

dodging the question, not surprised

plenty is not the majority

the wearing of masks outside suddenly increased in the last couple weeks since meehole martin said so
    Thats a fact

And I've just pointed to significant protests where people were wearing masks outside. In Cork at the time I referenced, it was about 50 50. What evil agenda do you think there is behind mask wearing during a global pandemic?

Here's the BLM protests in Dublin btw. Back in June... So clearly plenty considered there to be an outdoor risk.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/black-lives-matter-protest-takes-place-in-dublin-1.4272820?mode=amp

Why would I be told to remove it?

answering a question with a question to avoid answering the question

And I've just pointed to significant protests where people were wearing masks outside. In Cork at the time I referenced, it was about 50 50. What evil agenda do you think there is behind mask wearing during a global pandemic?

Here's the BLM protests in Dublin btw. Back in June... So clearly plenty considered there to be an outdoor risk.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/black-lives-matter-protest-takes-place-in-dublin-1.4272820?mode=amp

there have been other protests in Ireland and internationally where there were no masks

Just cos the BLM protests wear a mask it doesnt represent the majority

Plus as you have seen from the states a lot of the BLM protests turned into riots so the wearing of a mask was very convenient to hide ones identity

• Advertisement

Its not that difficult to find information like this if you use your keyboard for other purposes than repeating yourself on here

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/05/18/soldiers-may-soon-have-implantable-health-monitors-and-robotic-surgeries-done-remotely/

So its not being used, it "may" be used in the future
    Soldiers may soon be carrying monitoring devices that can alert doctors thousands of miles away to medical emergencies and the need for treatment.

Advertisement