Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    It was explained that people should wear masks in outdoor crowded places

If the majority take that as gospel and law, then thats up to them

and as people have shown by their actions by wearing them more since that speech, then it proves that they are wearing them because of what he said

You paid as little attention to the explanation for wearing face masks outdoors as you have done research into each of your statements here.

The benefits of wearing them outdoors was explained. Also, many were already doing so, and the explanation of why they are recommended for outdoor use helped educate some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

aido79 wrote: »
    So you would have no problem with contracting covid19 and possibly passing it to someone who may be vulnerable and might not survive?
    I'm not sure many people could live with themselves knowing they were responsible for someone's death which could have very easily been avoided but obviously you could so that says a lot about you.

you've already said you can have covid and have no symptoms

I take it then at home you wear a mask 24hrs so as not to potentially infect a person in your household with a virus that you dont know you might have?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You paid as little attention to the explanation for wearing face masks outdoors as you have done research into each of your statements here.

The benefits of wearing them outdoors was explained. Also, many were already doing so, and the explanation of why they are recommended for outdoor use helped educate some others.

The poster doesn't believe masks work at all. Ergo the entire world is just wearing masks because we've "been told to"

It's the equivalent of debating with someone who doesn't understand how seatbelts work, and therefore we're all wearing them only because we've been "told to wear them"

It's an idiots argument.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Has it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong..
    about what?
    What is the risk of wearing a mask? So far everything you've claimed has been proven to be nonsense fyi.

my multiple yellow cards forbids me to discuss my views on it

if you want to check out the forum be my guest, but I'm not going over it again

about what?

Stop dragging it into the Great Reset thread then, if you are not willing to discuss. Everyone that disagrees with you would have no qualms if you discussed the Great Reset rather than deviating to other topics because you don’t know about the great reset.

• Advertisement

I take it then at home you wear a mask 24hrs so as not to potentially infect a person in your household with a virus that you dont know you might have?

Because it's not feasible.

It's not feasible to wear a mask 24 hours a day, wash your hands 24 hours a day, social distance from every single person - it's simply not possible for every single person to keep that up

We're never going to perfectly stop the disease from spreading, but we are doing is trying to reduce it from spreading, which means wearing a mask in higher risk situations, e.g. supermarkets, washing hands where possible, and social distancing where possible

We still have to continue our lives

• Subscribers Posts: 41,308 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

So its not being used, it "may" be used in the future

problems with comprehension of language seems to be a common trait among conspiracy theorists

about what?

Has it occurred to you that your opinion on stuff might be wrong?

Because it's not feasible.

It's not feasible to wear a mask 24 hours a day, wash your hands 24 hours a day, social distance from every single person - it's simply not possible for every single person to keep that up

We're never going to perfectly stop the disease from spreading, but we are doing is trying to reduce it from spreading, which means wearing a mask in higher risk situations, e.g. supermarkets, washing hands where possible, and social distancing where possible

We still have to continue our lives

I’d put money on that he does wear a face mask while shopping. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

"I don't understand how masks work, so they don't, so the whole thing is a conspiracy/scam"

-"Cool, what's the conspiracy/scam?"

"I don't understand how masks work, so they don't, so the whole thing is a conspiracy/scam"

And so on and so on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

about what?

Mod
    No yellow cards are issued anywhere on Boards to restrict your views. They are issued if they are outright uncivil, or deliberately dragging threads off topic. Do your views fit these criteria?
    you'd have to ask Susan down the street who's making them for her friends & relatives what she's doing

Yep, off topic & trolling.

Okay and in your view do those masks do something to reduce the spread of Covid, or they do nothing to reduce it?

what do you think?

Primary school kids dont need to wear them and we are told schools are safe, but there were 2 schools closed this week due to covid outbreaks

Why dont they have to wear them then?

Weddings up to 25 people indoors
    No masks required but you should wear them on a crowded street

Makes sense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

about what?

What a cop out reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Here's an article from obscure conspiracy publication the British Medical Journal discussing some pseudoscientific Danish cranks and their fake mask study...

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4586

what do you think?

That you don't understand any of this, or any of the explanations - therefore you think everything is a "trick" or part of some big conspiracy/scam. It's a common enough thought pattern on this forum. Or you are just trolling.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Yep, off topic & trolling.

laughable

I'm the only one off topic :rolleyes:

That you don't understand any of this, or any of the explanations - therefore you think everything is a "trick" or part of some big conspiracy/scam. It's a common enough thought pattern on this forum. Or you are just trolling.

and here was me thinking we're not on a conspiracy theory forum :confused:

laughable

I'm the only one off topic :rolleyes:

What's the conspiracy here? you keep suggesting something is going on but I've never seen you once answer that question.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

How about just answering the question.

No I don't and I don't think anyone else does but most people wear them in crowded places where they can't social distance so it reduces the risk of contracting the virus and bringing it into their home.

and here was me thinking we're not on a conspiracy theory forum :confused:

Is it not a bit weird to you that so much of what you believe goes under the guise of a conspiracy theory? I mean, you don’t argue that they are valid theories, grounded in fact. You seem happy that they are conspiracy theories because you think you can say what you want without providing evidence.

So, on that note, please try to provide evidence that your mask wearing (conspiracy) theory is part of a great reset (conspiracy) theory. Bearing in mind that the great reset is not a secret as it is published for anyone to read.

• Advertisement

82 pages and no actual motivation for the conspiracy. It's a bizarre thread.

Apparently it is something about mask wearing soldiers being remotely controlled using nanotechnology in vaccinations by someone with an iPad 1000’s of miles away to take land from all of us...or something like that. How do you not understand it? It has only missed out on the most secret part of the plan and that is to do with the Flying Spaghetti Monster being in ultimate control. Crap, I let the key piece of info out. They didn’t know about the FSM yet.

It's actually becoming quite typical..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Power and money, it's that simple.

sabat wrote: »

So vague statement it is

Power and money behind what conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok. Please explain this more fully.

Who gains power and how do they get it by making people people wear masks?

Do you believe the virus is artificial and released for the purpose of this money and power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Nothing to do with "restricting freedom", it's to do with stopping an infectious illness from spreading.

If you have convinced yourself it's the former, then explain the conspiracy. If you can't, it's just more baseless paranoid cookie-cutter conspiracy stuff.

Whats the conspiracy is getting a bit old
    Try keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

enno99 wrote: »
    Try keep up

Its a valid question seeing as not a single one of the conspiracy theorists have yet to put forward a valid argument, instead we get vague scenarios and hints at what may be but no solid definition of what the conspiracy is.

• Advertisement

enno99 wrote: »
    Try keep up

It's a simple question.

If someone's going to suggest that "something is going on" on a public forum, it's not surprising they'll be asked what it is. It speaks volumes when they can't answer, or worse start evading and acting odd over it.

Advertisement