Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

From a WEF report:

"How can the declaration of 'victory over the virus' be timed correctly and the opportunity to 'build back better' be seized without fail?"

Evidence it was planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Fodla wrote: »
    From a WEF report:

"How can the declaration of 'victory over the virus' be timed correctly and the opportunity to 'build back better' be seized without fail?"

Evidence it was planned?
    Dude, please show something that they're planning to abolish private ownership.
    You can't just ignore your misrepresentation and pretend you weren't called on it.

Again it looks like you're doing the same tactic here.
    You don't give a source for your quote, you don't state who wrote it or when, you don't give it it's context.
    To me, it makes me think that if we did have the link for the quote, it would take us all of two seconds to show the author actually means something different.

So no, it's not evidence any more than that tweet was for your other false claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

From a WEF report:

Evidence it was planned?
    link?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

From a WEF report:

Evidence it was planned?

None of what you mentioned there is actually quoted in the White Paper. Build Back Better is only mentioned once and it is in the endnotes and is mentioned in relation to companies taking steps to look after employees during the pandemic and is something positive that will happen out of this:

To the extent that internal workforce supports and
    B2B talent transfers are exhausted, companies can
    help employees turn being laid off into a positive
    launchpad for their careers through financial
    support and “outskilling”. For example, Airbnb,
    which saw its business collapse during the crisis,
    laid off 1,900 people, one-quarter of its workforce,
    in May, but those laid off received 14 weeks of pay,
    equity stakes in the company, an Airbnb laptop,
    healthcare insurance for a year and assistance with
    their job search

How dare those dastardly capitalists look after their staff!!!

link?

It's mentioned in the following article:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/great-reset-justin-trudeau-conspiracy-theory_ca_5fb8331bc5b6cf1e0f081339

Pierre Poilievre tweeted about it. Mr Poilievre has created a petition to stop the Great Reset in Canada. 80,000 people have signed the petition so far.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    None of what you mentioned there is actually quoted in the White Paper. Build Back Better is only mentioned once and it is in the endnotes and is mentioned in relation to companies taking steps to look after employees during the pandemic and is something positive that will happen out of this:

To the extent that internal workforce supports and
    B2B talent transfers are exhausted, companies can
    help employees turn being laid off into a positive
    launchpad for their careers through financial
    support and “outskilling”. For example, Airbnb,
    which saw its business collapse during the crisis,
    laid off 1,900 people, one-quarter of its workforce,
    in May, but those laid off received 14 weeks of pay,
    equity stakes in the company, an Airbnb laptop,
    healthcare insurance for a year and assistance with
    their job search

How dare those dastardly capitalists look after their staff!!!

It's not in the White Paper. According to Pierre Poilievre, it's mentioned in a WEF report. It's mentioned in the following article: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/great-reset-justin-trudeau-conspiracy-theory_ca_5fb8331bc5b6cf1e0f081339

Did you miss the sub headline this time?
    No, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau did not engineer the COVID-19 pandemic.

Or the article at all?
    Certain aspects of what is being shared online are true — the WEF plan is called “the Great Reset” and it does discuss ways of improving the world when it comes to climate change, for example, after the pandemic. Trudeau, Biden and other leaders have talked about the “opportunity” to make some economic changes or act against climate change following the pandemic.

However, the notion of a cabal of global elites who are making nefarious plans to overhaul the world at the expense of everyday people has links that trace back through various conspiracy theories, many of which are rooted in anti-Semitism. These include everything from Pizzagate to QAnon to anti-masker and “Plandemic” movements.

And no where in that article that directly states the conspiracy theory is not true, does it contain the quote from the report you claimed.

Please provide the report.
    Please provide something to show that they want to abolish private property.

King Mob wrote: »
    Dude, please show something that they're planning to abolish private ownership.
    You can't just ignore your misrepresentation and pretend you weren't called on it.

Again it looks like you're doing the same tactic here.
    You don't give a source for your quote, you don't state who wrote it or when, you don't give it it's context.
    To me, it makes me think that if we did have the link for the quote, it would take us all of two seconds to show the author actually means something different.

So no, it's not evidence any more than that tweet was for your other false claim.

Okay, this is what I believe because we're just going round in circles here:

(a) I believe, not I know, that the reason WEF retweeted a link to that article is because they want to abolish private property, which, according to Agenda 2030, is unsustainable and unjust, as part of the Great Reset. I have no hard evidence that they are planning to abolish private property. I am reading between the lines. Retweeting a link to an article entitled "Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better" a couple of months before the Great Reset, during which Schwab has promised monumental changes. is suspicious, in my opinion.

(b) I am not focusing on the content of the article. I am focusing on WEF choosing to retweet a link to an article about owning nothing, including no property, a couple of months before the Great Reset.

I hope the above is clear.

Did you miss the sub headline this time?

Or the article at all?

And no where in that article that directly states the conspiracy theory is not true, does it contain the quote from the report you claimed.

Please provide the report.
    Please provide something to show that they want to abolish private property.

I'm trying to find the report.

have no hard evidence that they are planning to abolish private property. I am reading between the lines.
    So then you have nothing to show that this is there plan. Great.
    They don't want that as there's no evidence they do.

Your reading between the lines is you making wild conclusions based on articles you've not read and don't count for anything.

If they wanted to abolish ownership, and they are being as obvious as you believe, then they would state it directly.

If you are then going to shift the goalposts and claim that they aren't being open, then your claim that they are being open by tweeting the article doesn't make sense.
    If they weren't being open, why would they tweet about the article?
    I hope the above is clear.
    Yup. It's a lot of handwaving and backtracking. That's very clear.
    I'm trying to find the report.
    Why are you just now finding it? Where did you find the quote originally? Did they not provide a link to the report?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"Sir we are ready to implement the plan to abolish all private ownership"

-"Right and remind me why again?"

"Some Danish MP wrote about it once, from there the wheels were put in motion, it cannot be stopped"

-"Excellent, proceed"

Dohnjoe wrote: »

"Some Danish MP wrote about it once, from there the wheels were put in motion, it cannot be stopped"

-"Excellent, proceed"

-"Excellent, send the tweet"

Dohnjoe wrote: »

-"Excellent, proceed"

"Sir, we are ready to implement the conspiracy theory called the Great Reset that you wrote a book about and pushing heavily for more than a year."

"Sir, we are ready to implement the conspiracy theory called the Great Reset that you wrote a book about and pushing heavily for more than a year."

and their first act is to tweet about it because that is the obvious first step.

So when can we expect it all to kick off? What's the first step and when will it happen? Just so we can be prepared like.

and their first act is to tweet about it because that is the obvious first step.

Their first act was to declare that the world would never go back to normal. Since then they've been pushing their reset very heavily.

Hey, have you read that book?
    In there, does he say anything about abolishing ownership?
    Or anything else about any of your other claims?

Any luck on that report?
    Have you suspected why the conspiracy video or site you read it off didn't include it?

So when can we expect it all to kick off? What's the first step and when will it happen? Just so we can be prepared like.

From January of next year. That's when they'll be meeting. I don't know what the first step will consist of. I couldn't possibly know.

Their first act was to declare that the world would never go back to normal. Since then they've been pushing their reset very heavily.

why would they declare that? why not just go and do it?

Pushing it heavily? The fact I had to come into a conspiracy theory forum to find out about this suggests they aren't doing a very good job of advertising this at all. They need to get new marketing people to make sure their diabolical plans are more widely advertised.

• Advertisement

Hey, have you read that book?
    In there, does he say anything about abolishing ownership?
    Or anything else about any of your other claims?

Any luck on that report?
    Have you suspected why the conspiracy video or site you read it off didn't include it?

Is the Huffington Post a conspiracy site?

No joy. If I find it I'll post a link to it. If I don't then I'll acknowledge that Pierre Poilievre was mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Good evening Mr Tyson, as per the Great Reset, you now must vacate your home immediately. Come on lets move it...."

61cf57c7377a45e69456f103d14de019.gif

"OK whos next for eviction? Ah, Jeff Bezos"....

"Doesn't he have lot of private armed security....?"

From January of next year. That's when they'll be meeting. I don't know what the first step will consist of. I couldn't possibly know.

A meeting, in January you say? Very fooking suspicious if you ask me.

And who is going to this meeting? And where is it on?

Pushing it heavily? The fact I had to come into a conspiracy theory forum to find out about this suggests they aren't doing a very good job of advertising this at all. They need to get new marketing people to make sure their diabolical plans are more widely advertised.

It's all on WEF's website to be read about. They have a podcast and have held numerous reset events.

A meeting, in January you say? Very fooking suspicious if you ask me.

And is is going to this meeting? And where is it on?

You do know that the world's leaders, or their representatives, meet in Davos in January every year, don't you?

why would they declare that? why not just go and do it?

I have no idea.

The Nal wrote: »
    "Good evening Mr Tyson, as per the Great Reset, you now must vacate your home immediately. Come on lets move it...."

61cf57c7377a45e69456f103d14de019.gif

"OK whos next for eviction? Ah, Jeff Bezos"....

"Doesn't he have lot of private armed security....?"

Who's going to tell all those funds and investors all over the world that their stock holdings and other assets are going to be seized by eh.....eh someone soon?

I just got myself a nice 4k TV - when can I expect it to be seized from me? If it's soon I'll need to cram in a few boxsets I was planning on watching before being sent off to a internment camp i presume to be injected with microchips. All this seizure and elimination of private ownership of stuff is a bit of a fooking inconvenience.

Is the Huffington Post a conspiracy site?
    No. It also states the conspiracy theory is false. Did you not read the article?
    No joy. If I find it I'll post a link to it. If I don't then I'll acknowledge that Pierre Poilievre was mistaken.
    So again, you have no evidence and all you have is based on a tweet.

You haven't read the report at all, so you don't know the context or who wrote it or when or why.
    Yet you thought it might have been evidence for a conspiracy?

Do you not see the pattern forming here?

And I'll take your complete dodge of the question you have not read the book either?

I have no idea.

can you not see why that would be a very odd thing to do? that perhaps they dont actually have anything planned?

• Advertisement

It's all on WEF's website to be read about. They have a podcast and have held numerous reset events.

I had a good look at the White Paper there. Actually sounds really positive. Did YOU read it?

Advertisement