Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

France is lifting restrictions this week. Bars, restaurants etc are re-opening. So obviously all restrictions are not permanent.

Denmark too. A lot of people who have posted in this thread must be wondering why they wasted a year of their life down this stupid rabbit hole. A lot of course, have already realised this and vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

The Nal wrote: »
    Denmark too. A lot of people who have posted in this thread must be wondering why they wasted a year of their life down this stupid rabbit hole. A lot of course, have already realised this and vanished.

I think one went on permanent curfew. He was all up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

So we can all go out and have a beer and a pizza.

The Dutch have just passed a law (under the radar I might add) abolishing doctor-patient confidentiality.
    But allowing for personal records to be examined and not to be challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

France is lifting restrictions this week. Bars, restaurants etc are re-opening. So obviously all restrictions are not permanent.

Going for a pint or a piss was never going to be a restriction. Though to some, as long as that is not impinged then they don't care what happens.

You're not too observant, are you? Shouldn't we be all staying 1.5 or 2 metres apart?

I witnessed cops in Amsterdam insisting this measure be respected as they walked side by side and got into a car and sat for hours a foot apart.eating their krokets and chips.

The measures are not about having a pint and a pie. They are about watching people like you agree to have your health records made public because "hey" it's in the interest of keeping eveyone "safe"

Well I don't want to be kept "safe". I want there to be danger and risk and uncertainty in my life. It makes life worth, you know, living. Oh, don't get me wrong I want to sleep in a warm bed without the threat of it being torn to pieces by a tornado or a military operation. But I want that choice.

Think the OP got carried away with the thread title... Can't really blame him though... Perhaps "A lot of Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!" would have been more apt. , and no doubt true, as we'll see 'going forward' :rolleyes:

Access to medical records , 'Passports' , apps with real time locations and all that fqd up sh!t :mad: No thanks!

I guess folks on here think that everything will be the same as 2 years ago, when 'all restrictions are lifted' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Access to medical records , 'Passports' , apps with real time locations and all that fqd up sh!t :mad: No thanks!
    Ok. So you believe these things are going to be permanent?
    Can you show this is the case?

Could you also explain why all governments around the world plan to make these measures specifically permanent. How do they actually benefit them beyond just vague statements like "power"?

Also, you say that "a lot" of measures are going to be permanent, which is strange as three do not sound like a lot compared to the multitude of other measures that conspiracy theorists have claimed will be permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Himnydownunder

Stop the demos if no masks worn and no SD.

Rent a crowd again.

We are coping well, I can go for a pint, to the shops, into town on the LUAS, travel the country, schools are open again, the LC wasn't the disaster forecast, what's the problem?

Most people will avoid anything to do with the go against everything crowd. But everyone knows who you are.

Wait till the summer and tourist season are over. You will have another lockdown probably till Christmas. Christmas and summer are magical times, when there is no virus threat.

Even last summer most countries had an easing of restrictions. It’s mainly to have some semblance of a tourist season and nothing to do with virus numbers. Governments don’t want to make hotels, b and b’s and bars totally defunct. It’s giving in a little bit to lobbying groups who are putting pressure on the governments around the globe. I’m pretty sure in September there won’t be bars open or indoor dining in restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So we can all go out and have a beer and a pizza.

The Dutch have just passed a law (under the radar I might add) abolishing doctor-patient confidentiality.
    But allowing for personal records to be examined and not to be challenged.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Even last summer most countries had an easing of restrictions. It’s mainly to have some semblance of a tourist season and nothing to do with virus numbers. Governments don’t want to make hotels, b and b’s and bars totally defunct. It’s giving in a little bit to lobbying groups who are putting pressure on the governments around the globe. I’m pretty sure in September there won’t be bars open or indoor dining in restaurants.

So, you're saying that easing of restrictions last year had nothing to do with the lower numbers of people testing positive for the virus,
    and you've come up with an alternative explanation for why the restriction were eased!

I think you're completely wrong, but if it keeps you happy thinking like that who am I to argue with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

They don’t want to make them totally defunct? So they want to make them partially defunct? Maybe 10% defunct or 90%? To what purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Excuse me if I’m being a bit dim but can someone answer this who may have a better understanding than me..

How has this ‘Indian Variant’ arrived in the UK when air travellers must have proof of a negative test before being allowed to fly and then have to quarantine in a hotel upon arrival?

Also how are sitting at about 1500 cases with it here in the UK yet all the countries in between us and India have got a fraction of the cases some as low as 5-10 etc. Almost seems made up and scripted like most of this episode.

Anyone?

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Also how are sitting at about 1500 cases with it here in the UK yet all the countries in between us and India have got a fraction of the cases some as low as 5-10 etc. Almost seems made up and scripted like most of this episode.

Anyone?
    Lol. Scripted by who?

Why did they write such an obvious plot hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I’m pretty sure in September there won’t be bars open or indoor dining in restaurants.

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Why not?

Lockdown/restrictions most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

YJEIU6f.gif

Why will there be lockdowns and restrictions in September?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Why not?

Irish government is likely to extend the covid regulations from June to November

GT89 wrote: »
    Irish government is likely to extend the covid regulations from June to November

The powers have been technically extended until November.

That doesn't mean restaurants and pubs will be likely still be closed by then. With the levels of vaccination and current cases it looks on track to start opening up in June/July

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The powers have been technically extended until November.

That doesn't mean restaurants and pubs will be likely still be closed by then. With the levels of vaccination and current cases it looks on track to start opening up in June/July

Actually they haven't been extended yet. A vote is still required
    https://twitter.com/TraceyOMahony81/status/1394718066840326145?s=19

• Advertisement

GT89 wrote: »
    Actually they haven't been extended yet. A vote is still required
    https://twitter.com/TraceyOMahony81/status/1394718066840326145?s=19

It's a formality.

Having the power to enact restrictions/measures doesn't automatically mean they will be enacted.

PintOfView wrote: »
    So, you're saying that easing of restrictions last year had nothing to do with the lower numbers of people testing positive for the virus,
    and you've come up with an alternative explanation for why the restriction were eased!

I think you're completely wrong, but if it keeps you happy thinking like that who am I to argue with you?

We’ll see. If there is a lockdown in September it will prove my theory right. I don’t think numbers have anything to do with Christmas and summer reopenings.

They don’t want to make them totally defunct? So they want to make them partially defunct? Maybe 10% defunct or 90%? To what purpose?

Just to stop lobbying groups like the Vintners Association from going totally nuts. They give hotels, bars and restaurants a carrot or two every summer.

We’ll see. If there is a lockdown in September it will prove my theory. I don’t think numbers have anything to do with Christmas and summer reopenings.

What is your theory exactly?

Explain the reasoning behind it, i.e. "there will be lockdown until Christmas because.. "

PintOfView wrote: »

Covid numbers that are unacceptable for reopening in February/ April, become fine for reopening when summer is in the air.

Just to stop lobbying groups like the Vintners Association from going totally nuts. They give hotels, bars and restaurants a carrot or two every summer.
    But I thought the whole scamdemic thing was just a plot to force small businesses like them out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So your theory is that hotels, bars and restaurants are only going to be open for a few weeks/months in summer every year from now on?

Make a prediction, when will they close again and how long will they close for.

What is your theory exactly?

Explain the reasoning behind it, i.e. "there will be lockdown until Christmas because.. "

It’s my prediction that there will a lockdown from roughly September until Mid to late December. I don’t have to give you a theory.

astrofool wrote: »
    So your theory is that hotels, bars and restaurants are only going to be open for a few weeks/months in summer every year from now on?

Make a prediction, when will they close again and how long will they close for.

Close in September till mid to late December. That could well be the last lockdown of its kind. I’m not predicting endless lockdowns. Funny how people put words in your mouth, when you go against their own outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It’s my prediction that there will a lockdown from roughly September until Mid to late December. I don’t have to give you a theory.

What's the obsession with September?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement