Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

All the medically vulnerable and old people are now vaccinated. But we can't go holidays abroad and we still have to wear masks makes no sense. Also heard an ad on the radio today reminding you to still wear a mask shopping even if you've taken the shot again makes no sense who's health are you putting at risk by not wearing a mask if you're vaccinated, assuming the vaccine works.

Also I was under the understanding the reasoning for the measures was to prevent the health service becoming overwhelmed but that is not a risk anymore as all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated. But yet we are still under lockdown in the sense you do not have the same freedoms you did in Febuary 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

GT89 wrote: »
    All the medically vulnerable and old people are now vaccinated. But we can't go holidays abroad and we still have to wear masks makes no sense. Also heard an ad on the radio today reminding you to still wear a mask shopping even if you've taken the shot again makes no sense who's health are you putting at risk by not wearing a mask if you're vaccinated, assuming the vaccine works.

Also I was under the understanding the reasoning for the measures was to prevent the health service becoming overwhelmed but that is not a risk anymore as all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated. But yet we are still under lockdown in the sense you do not have the same freedoms you did in Febuary 2020.

I'm I'm the UK, As of tomorrow I'll be able to sit in a pub/cafe/restaurant, I've been able to go to shops for weeks. Restrictions are not permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭Tork

The old people and medically vulnerable are NOT all vaccinated yet.

I'm I'm the UK, As of tomorrow I'll be able to sit in a pub/cafe/restaurant, I've been able to go to shops for weeks. Restrictions are not permanent.

Yeah but you I presume you still have to wear a mask in shops and on public transport and you still can't go abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah but you I presume you still have to wear a mask in shops and on public transport and you still can't go abroad.

Can go abroad from tomorrow. Secondary school kids dont have to wear masks either from tomorrow. We're only weeks behind them here.

This thread is idiotic.

• Advertisement

Yes for now, And I can go abroad to some countries and more will open in time. As I said, ALL restrictions are not permanent.

Yes for now, And I can go abroad to some countries and more will open in time. As I said, ALL restrictions are not permanent.

I was watching Channel 4 news the other night and it was all scaremongering about the Indian variant. There was a woman on saying that they shouldn't ease restrictions because of it.

I was watching Channel 4 news the other night and it was all scaremongering about the Indian variant. There was a woman on saying that they shouldn't ease restrictions because of it.

They are saying next months easing may be delayed, depending on infection rates. Still.... All restrictions are not permanent.

If you have anything to refute this then please post which ones and why.

Tork wrote: »
    The old people and medically vulnerable are NOT all vaccinated yet.

Who are these old and medically vulnerable people who are not vaccinated or have had the opportunity. I know of people in their 50s with no underlying conditions who are now vaccinated. Point is hospitals are no longer at risk of being overwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Detritus70

The Nal wrote: »
    Can go abroad from tomorrow. Secondary school kids dont have to wear masks either from tomorrow. We're only weeks behind them here.

This thread is idiotic.

We have Querdenker in Germany, people who say they think laterally.
    Most of them are dribbling, window-licking lunatics. And they spout every single idiotic argument you hear on this and all the other brain-dead threads about Covid restrictions.
    It seems 20% of the population has gone nutso-futso.
    The good thing is, the program is running, the restrictions work and vaccinations are taking place. A few cranks and loons won't stop that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Who are these old and medically vulnerable people who are not vaccinated or have had the opportunity. I know of people in their 50s with no underlying conditions who are now vaccinated. Point is hospitals are no longer at risk of being overwhelmed.

I’ll trust a professional opinion rather than your one. You don’t have a clue who is still vulnerable and not vaccinated.

I’ll trust a professional opinion rather than your one. You don’t have a clue who is still vulnerable and not vaccinated.

So who is vulnerable and not vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So who is vulnerable and not vaccinated?

The majority of cohort 7. This information is publically available.

The majority of cohort 7. This information is publically available.

So you're saying they've vaccinated people who are at less risk before people are higher risk. My 60 year old father got his vaccine a week and a half ago. My mother who's 56 is getting hers tomorrow neither have any underlying conditions. Seems silly they'd be getting theirs ahead of people that need it more.

So you're saying they've vaccinated people who are at less risk before people are higher risk. My 60 year old father got his vaccine a week and a half ago. My mother who's 56 is getting hers tomorrow neither have any underlying conditions. Seems silly they'd be getting theirs ahead of people that need it more.

I'm not saying anything, you asked a question and that is the factual answer.

I'm not saying anything, you asked a question and that is the factual answer.

Fair enough but that's very incompetent of the hse to be given lower risk people their vaccines before higher risk people. Anyway the risk of the health service being overwhelmed is minimal now so time to lift all restrictions.

Fair enough but that's very incompetent of the hse to be given lower risk people their vaccines before higher risk people. Anyway the risk of the health service being overwhelmed is minimal now so time to lift all restrictions.

Given you didn't even know cohort 7 isn't done yet you are not even remotely qualified to comment on the vaccination rollout.

Restrictions are being lifted, this is also publically available information. They may not be fast enough for your liking, but as you have shown you are very poorly informed.

Restrictions are being lifted, this is also publically available information. They may not be fast enough for your liking, but as you have shown you are very poorly informed.

Yeah they are but wait until a few months/weeks and they'll start talking about a new spike due to the Indian variant (vindaflu) or some other new variant and back to lockdown same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,847 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Yeah they are but wait until a few months/weeks and they'll start talking about a new spike due to the Indian variant (vindaflu) or some other new variant and back to lockdown same as last year.

Why. For what reason ?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Why. For what reason ?

"Flatten the curve"

• Advertisement

Speculation. Again, you aren't even remotely qualified to make any forecasts, you aren't even aware of what is happening right now.

So you agree, not ALL restrictions are "permanent"?

"Flatten the curve"

No what's the real reason. Why would government want lockdowns ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Answers given so far

1. It's all a test run for the "real thing" (real thing unspecified)
    2. Every country is trying to destroy it's own economy because they've been told to by a secret one-world-government and/or the "elites"
    3. To usher in global communism
    4. To usher in global fascism
    5. To usher in global communo-corpo-fascism (not joking)
    6. It will all be revealed soon/this summer/next year/next 10 years/next 30 years
    7. "Control"
    8. Because it's part of a plan by satan

Those are the most coherent one we've received so far

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Answers given so far

1. It's all a test run for the "real thing" (real thing unspecified)
    2. Every country is trying to destroy it's own economy because they've been told to by a secret one-world-government and/or the "elites"
    3. To usher in global communism
    4. To usher in global fascism
    5. To usher in global communo-corpo-fascism (not joking)
    6. It will all be revealed soon/this summer/next year/next 10 years/next 30 years
    7. "Control"
    8. Because it's part of a plan by satan

Those are the most coherent one we've received so far

That all sounds scary. Thank God we have Jim Corr and Van Morrison to stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

That all sounds scary. Thank God we have Jim Corr and Van Morrison to stop them

And when it doesn’t happen , it’s proof that they stopped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭Tork

Bad music stopped the aliens in Mars Attacks! so there is some precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Thomas Jefferson wrote “the greatest calamity that could befall us would be submission to a government of unlimited powers”. The fear of rational free thinkers is that we are rapidly approaching that dark day.

And when it doesn’t happen , it’s proof that they stopped it.

Just like the fact when there weren't 120k covid deaths in Ireland we're supposed to believe it's proof all covid measures worked.

• Advertisement

pearcider wrote: »
    Thomas Jefferson wrote “the greatest calamity that could befall us would be submission to a government of unlimited powers”. The fear of rational free thinkers is that we are rapidly approaching that dark day.

Any proof that ALL restrictions will be permanent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement