Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EasyGo public chargers

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CivilEx

You'd have to think that EasyGo would not have made the investment in the equipment and works without some "promise" from the ESB that they would be connected relatively soon after installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yeah, would seem stupid to do that. From photos posted on Plugshare, it would seem all the electrical boxes are in place, but obviously not connected.

Seems nonsensical. These chargers are in really useful places. Lots of tourists around, never mind locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

2 new units going in on Meagher's Quay, Waterford. Saw the works over a few days but had no idea this is what was happening until they appeared today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

I put your photo on the plugshare entry here

In terms of in place but not yet live it's up to ESB networks and in many cases it can 6+ months to get a connected or upgraded grid. ESB networks were advertising on the radio for apprentices due to backlog with whole new housing estates finished but not yet connected. I have seen motorway services and businesses open running from generators due to connection delays. There was also news items about bribes being asked to jump queues. In some cases it can require whole new substations or custom equipment to be ordered and due to attacks on electricity system in Ukraine there was a shortage of equipment and spares. Other countries were donating parts but then placing orders on long lead times.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/617949

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Anyone from Longford on here? EasyGo show a 50kW dual CCS charger live in the Bog Lane Car Park in Longford which is not listed on PlugShare.

Is this a different location to the Longford library which isn't live yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Chargefinder has it. Not the same location. The EasyGo ones are the blue pin, the Longford Library ones are top right.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭eltoastero

New DC chargers just off Bray Main St. (I didn't get a good look as I was passing, I assume it's a CCS + Chademo 50kW station - it's not on the easyGo app yet but there was a Tesla Model Y plugged in.

It's a terribly narrow street to get parking on, I expect it will be ICE'd non-stop given it's location (so close to take aways for example). I'll update the plugshare next time i pass.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/625492

Advertisement