Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EasyGo public chargers

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ouch, for 50kW units!

Hard to give business at that rate. Ionity rates, ecars speeds, and no auto top up so you've up top up beyond what you need in order to not interrupt your charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They kept it quiet but it seems Easygo lidl chargers have increased prices to 51c/58c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

has anyone found\used the EasyGo CRJV charger in Ennis? it's meant to be located at V95 NX24 but I couldn't find it unless it's in the TII maintenance depot

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

According to plugshare above it's a restricted location in the TII motorway maintenance depot although according to the easygo app it's open to the public

Technically TII are a public taxpayer owned company so you should, in theory, be able to charge there at what is, presumably, a taxpayer subsidised rate

aah right, useful info, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭innrain

hadn't seen that, good spot, I just look for the Chadomo symbol and expect the charge rate to be near 50kW, 7.4 is daft

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I assume it's a typo

EasyGo's ticketing system within the app is quiet good, I might just go and ask the horse's mouth! It would be a dead handy one on the M18 if it was publicly available and had typical fast rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dsandson

CCS and Chademo at 7.4kW? Sounds like a V2G charger.

• Advertisement

Either that or it's a typo, TII are known for the odd one here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

This really isn't good enough.

Charger in Lidl Mallow down for over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

DC Showing offline on easygo app today. May still be in testing.

It's mad, would a petrol station close for a month at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

And it wouldn't have just 1 pump either.

A lot of work needed to get infrastructure set up correctly going forward

Easygo bon secours cork, public 75kW charger from easygo. Seems to be live

I was at lidl 50kW in Bray today. Price looks low but easygo sent an email months ago saying price (including vat) would be 45c/kWh. App says higher again So that's 3 different prices but I assume the highest one applies. I also had to ask for charger to be rebooted as screen was blank and then it stopped charging after 2 minutes so I started a second time resulting in multiple fees to begin a charge. You really can't assume car is still charging on these After standing in the cold for around 15 minutes I had enough to get home.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I was at lidl 50kW in Bray today. Price looks low but easygo sent an email months ago saying price (including vat) would be 45c/kWh. App says higher again So that's 3 different prices but I assume the highest one applies. I also had to ask for charger to be rebooted as screen was blank and then it stopped charging after 2 minutes so I started a second time resulting in multiple fees to begin a charge. You really can't assume car is still charging on these After standing in the cold for around 15 minutes I had enough to get home.

The need to potentially restart a charge is why I believe that access fee's shouldn't be allowed. The customer shouldn't be punished for an unstable charger

Statistics on easygo network.

They are in the middle of installing around 11 50kW+ chargers in Mayo area but most are not live.

2000 new drivers per month seems very high.

88 DC chargers (some may not be public)

Agreed, best way of charging is either per kWh or a combination of per kWh and per second. Per second billing combined with per kWh ensures nobody stays longer than they need to and will be less likely to plug in at high SOC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The problem with including per second billing, even as part of the cost, is that you could pull in to a fast charger and get terrible speeds (there have been a few reports lately on oe of the stalls and ionity Kill and at one of the Applegreen sites even when you arrive with low SOC). In that case, you might be stuck with 25-40kw charging speed and taking longer timewise to get what you need - but the time aspect is not your fault, but the charger.

Therefore a time charge would be more of a penalty for something out of your control.

An overstay fee once charge has completed, on the other hand, is fair game and should be standard everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Its bad enough to be paying high prices, but agreeing to it is worse, a problem occurs with a small battery, you need a high SOC to go anywhere or you just be spending your time arsing around at a few chargers topping up.

Another thing is high prices makes fossil fuel cheaper with out any of the convenience of stopping for a charge in the middle of the night at the back of some petrol station.

Just to be clear, I'm not agreeing to high prices and in fact I agree they should be lower but when you charge per kWh and per second you promote cars not charging for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I was in Castlebar during the week and dropped by to have a look at the new charger

It is a very busy car park, currently spaces are not painted and there were two ice cars parked in front of it and no available spaces near it

It looked to be on and it has tap to pay, given Castlebar currently only has 1 triple head in the town it will be well used but highly prone to being iced due to location

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Per minute charging makes total sense (in conjunction with per kWh charging) as it encourages people to get off the charger when their charge rate drops do the point where it doesn’t make sense to continue the session as it’s too expensive per kWh received….. It’s the closest thing we’ll get to dynamic pricing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭innrain

Parking rules enforcement is the solution. Any rule without enforcement is pointless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My wife is at a wedding in the Radisson in Farnham, EasyGo say there charger is good to go, Hotel say it was removed ages ago... Luckily the replaced it with 10 ePower chargers so ive added another charging app to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

I assume those new chargers are in public parking spaces so the local authority should have an interest in enforcing them. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There's a new charger down by the Quay in Westport that I've never seen without ICE cars blocking it. There's also a new one beside the ESB charger in the James Street car park, and I've only seen it not ICEd once.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah, my stats say 59 DC chargers. Not sure where the rest are. Unless they're counting future chargers

Advertisement