Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The democrats are the ones going on about mail in ballots which will bring legitimacy questions over the election..

They have actually contacted generals about bringing in the military after it..(which is treasonous..)

Proof please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

astrofool wrote: »

Photo was edited using an Apple phone app to make it look that way (the photographer admitted as much) and that account has nothing to do with the White House.
    285a7dd1d6274f1fa4d25e7baaff9e33-xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

The democrats are the ones going on about mail in ballots which will bring legitimacy questions over the election..

Is that by any chance since trump admired to trying to undermine the USPS to make it more difficult to vote by post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Has anybody asked Joe if he will call off his riot mob if the people go to the polls and vote for Trump. Will he put his hands up and go with democracy or will he stand idly by, hoping a civil war breaks out.

If he attempts a military coup could the death penalty be on the table? I dont think Trump would put Joe to death though. Hes bigger than that.

This is some weird shít right here.

Photo was edited to make it look that way and that account has nothing to do with the White House.

That's just a picture with some words added to the bottom. How do we know which one was edited?

• Advertisement

That's just a picture with some words added to the bottom. How do we know which one was edited?

Clearly neither are 'original' as they have been at least cut.

The Twitter does mention not using ps and to using some app.

I don't think it matters. Trump is famed for his vanity (as with many narcissistic people) and it's well known he uses a multitude of products. Calling him orange or whatever is just silly really. But that's how we roll these days. Same with all that sleepy bs etc

Edit - if I were to criticise his appearance it would be a concern for his obesity, shown clearly in either pic with his fattened face. COVID would probably finish him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

From the Russians so must be true.

https://www.kp.ru/online/news/3760175/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Photo was edited using an Apple phone app to make it look that way (the photographer admitted as much) and that account has nothing to do with the White House.

Yes, I read the articles as well, at best its inconclusive as to what the original looked like, other than the more orange one being posted first pretty soon after it was taken, along with another bunch of photos all showing the same hue.

However we're living in times where GOP supporters ignore what Trump is saying, and think the Dems will try and seize power rather than Trump, that downplayed means upplayed and that Trump somehow looks more normal than Biden who is basically the average criteria of "older white male". Truth is optional right now, even labelling Trump's 20,000+ lies since coming into power is being called falsehoods in some kind of doublespeak to hide that he continually lies and misleads people over everything, who's second term is "do great things" when none of the first term great things actually happened (a falling down wall seems to be his greatest achievement, as well as signing meaningless pieces of paper when other countries sing treaties just to give the image that he's important and not a Putin puppet).

kenmm wrote: »
    Clearly neither are 'original' as they have been at least cut.

The Twitter does mention not using ps and to using some app.

I don't think it matters. Trump is famed for his vanity (as with many narcissistic people) and it's well known he uses a multitude of products. Calling him orange or whatever is just silly really. But that's how we roll these days. Same with all that sleepy bs etc

Edit - if I were to criticise his appearance it would be a concern for his obesity, shown clearly in either pic with his fattened face. COVID would probably finish him off.

His appearance is the most benign thing about him.

astrofool wrote: »
    Yes, I read the articles as well, at best its inconclusive as to what the original looked like, other than the more orange one being posted first pretty soon after it was taken, along with another bunch of photos all showing the same hue.

No, it's not inconclusive. The 'original' in side-by-side was taken by photographer Brendan Smialowski. Here's the image uncropped. As Trump said at the time: "anything to demean".
    However we're living in times where GOP supporters ignore what Trump is saying, and think the Dems will try and seize power rather than Trump, that downplayed means upplayed and that Trump somehow looks more normal than Biden who is basically the average criteria of "older white male". Truth is optional right now, even labelling Trump's 20,000+ lies since coming into power is being called falsehoods in some kind of doublespeak to hide that he continually lies and misleads people over everything, who's second term is "do great things" when none of the first term great things actually happened (a falling down wall seems to be his greatest achievement, as well as signing meaningless pieces of paper when other countries sing treaties just to give the image that he's important and not a Putin puppet).

The peace deal was just leaders signing a "meaningless piece of paper"?? Bet you wouldn't be saying that if Obama had been the one to have accomplished it. Speaking of which, has he taken credit for it yet? He often crops from time to time and takes credit for Trump's hard work.

Oh and they sure aren't acting as if all that was signed was a "meaningless piece of paper" in Jerusalem:

https://twitter.com/ofirgendelman/status/1305935037200773121

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Conveniently missing the Palestinian flag eh.

What an odd reply.

It's not "missing". THEY are missing.

When the Palestinians decide to give peace a chance their flag will no doubt be flown in a similar fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Praising his own virus response as deaths near 200,000, Trump says, "if you take the blue states out, we're at a level I don't think anybody in the world would be at."

The United States of Red states.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

What an odd reply.

It's not "missing". THEY are missing.

When the Palestinians decide to give peace a chance their flag will no doubt be flown in a similar fashion.

If Trump walked on water they'd say it was because he couldn't swim!

I can understand many arguments against Trumps economic policies, or even his personal behaviour since he took office even if I don't agree with them...but pretending what is happening in the Middle East under this administration is nothing is absolutely warped and not surprisingly typical of people who believe that every who doesn't think like they do is an idiot.

That part of the world has been a tragedy for decades and finally thanks to the current administration it seems like the region might just see a more peaceful future....we remember what that is like here on our own island.

I'd go so far to ask, how can you take any one's opinion of Trump's administration seriously if they can't bring themselves to give the current administration's the credit they deserve for the work being done in the Middle East....those same people would have been throwing rose petals at Obama's feet for just turning up there.

I can understand many arguments against Trumps economic policies, or even his personal behaviour since he took office even if I don't agree with them...but pretending what is happening in the Middle East under this administration is nothing is absolutely warped and not surprisingly typical of people who believe that every who doesn't think like they do is an idiot.

Can you see the double standards and false equivalence shown in that one paragraph alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

kenmm wrote: »
    Can you see the double standards and false equivalence shown in that one paragraph alone?

Actually I cannot...will I repeat.

I can understand many of the arguments against Trump's economic policies even if I don't agree with them.

I can understand many of the issues people have with his personal behaviour even if I don't agree with them.

What is happening in the Middle East is completely different, because of the Trump Administration, for the first time in living memory, the region is on the brink of peace...which has nothing to do with his domestic economic policies or his personal behaviour.

You just need to separate from your disdain for Trump to understand.

Problem with Trump and anything he does that's deemed as good is he does so much wrong it's hard to believe that he is even capable of doing something good, particularly if it's for other people.

The middle East deal may be the start of something but it's worrying that the deal has been signed only by a select few prosperous countries that each have their own human rights issues and serious problems in their past. It was also said that there would be no deals with Israel until Palestinian situation was somewhat resolved, but now it's somehow the Palestinians are to blame for not signing a treaty with Israel. That's not how a peace deal works.

So there is a chance of the administration having started something, but at best it's 'good start, a lot more to be done' territory and certainly far from a declaration of 'peace in the middle East'.

It be nice to talk about this in terms of the current events of Trumps administration only and not comparing to hypothetical action that would it could have or have not happen in previous Administrations.

Actually I cannot...will I repeat.

I can understand many of the arguments against Trump's economic policies even if I don't agree with them.

I can understand many of the issues people have with his personal behaviour even if I don't agree with them.

What is happening in the Middle East is completely different, because of the Trump Administration, for the first time in living memory, the region is on the brink of peace...which has nothing to do with his domestic economic policies or his personal behaviour.

You just need to separate from your disdain for Trump to understand.

It's ok you don't need to attack people to make your point.

But I understand, sometimes it can happen.

The point is you happily suggest the people who don't agree with you assume the people who do agree with you are idiots and those people are not capable of thinking for themselves.

When actually the people who don't agree with you are doing just that (thinking for themselves). Your nose is only out if joint because they don't agree with you.

Which is fine. Some people think trump actually could walk on water, some people don't believe his bs.

Neither group will convince the other on this forum, it's really a case of going round in circles. But feck it, works been boring of late.

Edit: re read your paragraph again and see if it makes sense.

In before digging nonsense starts. This is a Nostradamus post, will explain shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

BIDENTRUMP.png

This one is from professor Helmut Norpoth who bases his predictions on the outcomes of primaries over the previous election cycles.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

The backflipping around the greatest peace deal of the modern age and goal post shifing really shows the Trump haters up.

They believe the Russia prostitute lies, they believe he called soldiers names, they believe the photoshopped images of him dressed like an oompa lumpa because they need to hate somebody.

They dont want to be proven wrong at this stage.

Thy are the person they want Trump to be.

Everybody that has changed their views has seen it, people who are willing to give Trump the benifit of doubt see it. It just looks so sad from the outside that we could all be partying and enjoying this great success but headline news will be some out of context quote he said to a school boy in kentucky.

He is not the guy standing idly by while his mob attack democracy and ruin businesses, jobs, and the outside worlds view of america each night

The backflipping around the greatest peace deal of the modern age and goal post shifing really shows the Trump haters up.

They believe the Russia prostitute lies, they believe he called soldiers names, they believe the photoshopped images of him dressed like an oompa lumpa because they need to hate somebody.

Everybody that has changed their views has seen it, people who are willing to give Trump the benifit of doubt see it. It just looks so sad from the outside that we could all be partying and enjoying this great success but headline news will be some out of context quite he said to a school boy in kentucky.

He is not the guy standing idly by while his mob attack democracy and ruin businesses, jobs, and the outside worlds view of america each night

And we are off! Early start today but I feel it's gonna be a good day!

It's a good job you are doing as I can't actually tell if you believe what you post or if you are winding people up and that you believe that it's working.

Keep it up tho, lovely stuff.

Peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Everybody that has changed their views has seen it, people who are willing to give Trump the benifit of doubt see it. It just looks so sad from the outside that we could all be partying and enjoying thos great success but headline news will be some out of context quite he said to a school boy in kentucky.

Some opinions carry more weight than others and I'd be inclined to value this opinion over your own.
    Trump’s ‘deal of the century’ is so absurd and banal, it’s impossible to take it seriously

That aside, without the Palestinians I'm not sure how it can be claimed to be a peace deal.

How successful would the GFA have been if the Unionists, British Government, Irish Government, US representatives had been the only signatories and the Republican/Nationalist representatives in Northern Ireland had been left out?

BIDENTRUMP.png

This one is from professor Helmut Norpoth who bases his predictions on the outcomes of primaries over the previous election cycles.

I can't see it being such a landslide, but I think a lot if people agree he will win.

The only conclusion I can draw from that (and the fact this is the only two they have to choose from) is that they are a Fu(ked country and their system is done for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Some opinions carry more weight than others and I'd be inclined to value this opinion over your own.

That aside, without the Palestinians I'm not sure how it can be claimed to be a peace deal.

How successful would the GFA have been if the Unionists, British Government, Irish Government, US representatives had been the only signatories and the Republican/Nationalist representatives in Northern Ireland had been left out?

You dont like an opinion so you are going to find an opinion you like? Thats very safe space type modern thinking.

When all the other countries in the middle east come to the table, the palestinian fighters might see that peace isnt so bad. Im sure the average joe on the street would love to have open borders and free trade and an end to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

BIDENTRUMP.png

There certainly is more enthusiasm in the Trump voter base.

Biden only won because African Americans and Hispanics weren't going to tolerate Sanders and young Democrats didn't turn out in the primaries.

Trump has most of the working class and dividing further, a 40 something Hispanic vote and a larger than usual for a GOP candidate Black vote.

Tacit support by not voting for Biden and staying at home might swing it.

But but but.. you don't agree with Uncle Trump. I agree with Uncle Trump so I must hate you. You must be bad man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Well we know the Russian prostitute is complete nonsense from the get-go.

Only the degenrate left could even imagine such a story. Its a dead giveaway. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

The Palestinians are on the wrong side of history and they are not well regarded by any of the Arab states, at best they are seen as a source of cheap labour at worst a destabilising influence on the internal politics of the countries they reside. They are going to have to reach an accommodation with the Israelis as the Arab States will not want them destabilising their agreements.

In the context of the internal politics of the USA its hard to reconcile Washington’s pursuit of hegemony with the divisiveness that has been created in American society. The Elites, Democrats and mainstream media have made it clear that the November 2020 election will be used to deepen the divisiveness. If you look at that from abroad the United States internal conflict could also be the end of US hegemony.

In the context of the Middle East the expansionary power is Iran and Tehran has its own internal political strife, it is aligned with China and Russia and it has significant leverage in Iraq and Syria and dealings with Turkey. In my personal opinion the peace deal is partly driven by the politics of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, in addition the fall in oil prices has meant they can't support their existing economic model and keep a restless population in check and in that context the Palestinians struggle is not useful to them.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement