Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Biker79 wrote: »
    I think it was established his hand size is symmetrical and proportionate with the rest of him.

Seemingly, men that don't have shovel hands, are descendants of merchants/traders and other non manual professions.

But regardless of whether or not his hand are too small or not, it is something that is often commented on, right?
    And the proposition is that he has a thick skin (are we agreed so far?).
    So if he has sick a thick skin, then why would he get upset about such a thing?

Or is it the case that he might not have such a thick skin after all? Can you see how that might be a possibility? Yes or no?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Perhaps.

A dont see how people can be 100 percent all in Democrats or Republican.

The solution for most of America's problem is a middle ground and compromise. Not all in one way or the other.

Ye, that's what I'm getting at. The entire system is screwed. And it continues to be more and more polarised. Christ, we aren't even directly involved and look at what passes as debate..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Perhaps.

The solution for most of America's problem is a middle ground and compromise. Not all in one way or the other.

Bidens no messiah but he if he wins he will at least he will be a return to some sort of normalcy. His job will be to repair the damage that has been done domestically and internationally and pave the way for whoever replaces him. I doubt he'll run for a second term. I think he is in a good position to bridge the gap between the two sides. He is fairly moderate despite trumpers attempts to paint him as a radical, senile, whatever. He is well liked and respected by most prominent democrats and republicans. That's his main asset. He's a likable guy where's Trump is just a useless dickhead who's done nothing but damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dont feel Biden is as likebale as his supports thinks he is though.

If he wins, his response to the BLM movement and rioting will be an early acid test.

I do believe he can respond better to the covid crisis than Trump and Pence. Trump couldn't of handled it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

kenmm wrote: »
    But regardless of whether or not his hand are too small or not, it is something that is often commented on, right?
    And the proposition is that he has a thick skin (are we agreed so far?).
    So if he has sick a thick skin, then why would he get upset about such a thing?

Or is it the case that he might not have such a thick skin after all? Can you see how that might be a possibility? Yes or no?

I think he gets sick of parasitic minds...promulgating daft ideas for no reason other than that's whats doing the rounds. No independent thinking, no critical thinking...I would get annoyed too.

Given his temperament and some of the nonsense he puts up with, I'm surprised he manages to keeps a lid on things for most of the time. 90% of US journalists should hang up their typewriters and learn to code (IMHO). Then peace in the Twitterverse could be restored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

This doesn't negate the fact that it's well established that he's incredibly thin skinned.

On the one hand, I completely agree with that, he gets himself in knots about the most ridiculous nonsense that more often than not is meaningless noise he is reacting to in some weird one up-manship ritual...

On the other hand, he has faced the most partisan and aggressive media pack I have ever witnessed and seems to handle it as well as anyone could...that intensity every day, day in day out would break most people.

It's got to do with his almost comic like narcissism... it is simultaneously his greatest strength and greatest weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,104 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You have much to learn...

I certainly won't be learning anything from you. That's for sure.

Perhaps.

There is a sliver of difference between the parties in reality. That's the standout irony whole this whole bullshit bingo.

I think he gets sick of parasitic minds...promulgating daft ideas for no reason other than that's whats doing the rounds. No independent thinking, no critical thinking...I would get annoyed too.

Given his temperament and some of the nonsense he puts up with, I'm surprised he manages to keeps a lid on things for most of the time. 90% of US journalists should hang up their typewriters and learn to code (IMHO). Then peace in the Twitterverse could be restored.

So he doesn't have such a thick skin then?

Learn to code? What are you on about? What's journalism and software development got to with each other? They both use computers or something?

kenmm wrote: »
    So he doesn't have such a thick skin then?

Learn to code? What are you on about? What's journalism and software development got to with each other? They both use computers or something?

:D... you might find a quick trolling tutorial on youtube.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    I certainly won't be learning anything from you. That's for sure.

You're dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,249 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dont feel Biden is as likebale as his supports thinks he is though.

If he wins, his response to the BLM movement and rioting will be an early acid test.

I do believe he can respond better to the covid crisis than Trump and Pence. Trump couldn't of handled it worse.

I don’t know how likable you’re thinking of, but he’s fairly likable when so many Republicans will happily cross the aisle this election to hold a referendum on Trumps presidency. Even Graham in 2016 had nothing but adulation for Joe:

Anyone concerned for a more unified government should look no farther. Biden clearly has admirers from both sides of the aisle; while there will doubtless continue to be partisan issues it seems clear that a Biden presidency would be one that yanks government back toward civil discourse.

:D... you might find a quick trolling tutorial on youtube.

No, I asked you a direct question. It wasn't trolling, it was a simple y/n.

And got the paragraphs about how great trump was. I get it. You think he's great, we know that. But doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws ffs! And being quite vain and thin skinned seems to be one of them at times.

Edit- I'm also genuinely confused about the learn to code line. I'm interested in technology and find it a curious comment. But you won't even answer another direct question. It's like pulling teeth!

Biden said miners that lost their jobs should learn to program computers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Zarco

They should go back to school

Thank you! Didn't know that.

@Biker, not everyone is out trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He did. Last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,632 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He was always a snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,249 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Danzy wrote: »
    He was always a snob.

Didn’t he commute to DC via public train for decades?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Danzy wrote: »
    He was always a snob.

classy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

6 months I was sure he would.

Now I'm not so sure. Considering that so many people oppose him so virulently I think he may not be allowed win

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I still stand by that id rather have Biden over Trump.

But its like going in to a pub and needing a pint, but getting an option of a glass of strange tasting milk, or urine.

Milk being Biden and Trump being the urine. Im not happy with the milk but its better than urine

I still feel Trump will win. I dont know how many voters will change to Biden from Trump. I dont think Biden is string enough to encourage new voters to choose him over not voting.

I still stand by that id rather have Biden over Trump.

But its like going in to a pub and needing a pint, but getting an option of a glass of strange tasting milk, or urine.

Milk being Biden and Trump being the urine. Im not happy with the milk but its better than urine

I still feel Trump will win. I dont know how many voters will change to Biden from Trump. I dont think Biden is string enough to encourage new voters to choose him over not voting.

I'm not so sure that it's a case of changing from Trump to Biden. Most Trump flunkies will vote for him because it's "their team", which is the major problem with American politics. But the Dem voters who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Clinton in 2016 may come out for Biden and that might be all it takes. Trump got in by a nose last time thanks to the EC. But Clinton had won the actual vote. But she was such an obnoxious presidential choice for the Dems, it was too much for a lot of dyed in the wool Democratic voters. Plus there was also a lot of smug belief that Trump couldn't possibly win, so therefore they just stayed home.

As to "strange milk" and "urine", everyone knows what Trump's piss looks like by now, because there's been 4 years of it seeping into everywhere and it's ranged from unfunny joke to harmful. Biden is pretty much an unknown quantity at the moment, so his "strange milk" might not be as toxic as Trump's waste water.

That doesn't mean that Biden is the best that the Democrats can offer, however. Frankly, I find him a bizarre choice to say the least. But, yet again, the DNC scuppered Sanders and decided to go with the "conservative" option. To be honest, Joe Biden would look right at home running for the Republicans.

But as I said previously, there's feck all real difference between the two parties in actuality. Both are variations of conservatism, despite Trump shills trying to make it out that the Democrats are the embodiment of some sort of club run by Che Guevara.

What's truly telling, though, is the fact that since 2016 there's been Clinton/Biden in one corner and Trump in the other as the Presidential material on offer, which is an indication of just how lamentably low US politics has sunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump fans really clamouring to support him obviously.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1305276728244408321

There's been.' p**s and milk ' in US politics since forever. Its part of the adversarial system developed by the Brits.

The real problem is not politics - its people and the their loss of shared values.

People defining themselves by their hatred of Trump ( Trump Derangement Syndrome ) is evidence of that.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that it's a case of changing from Trump to Biden. Most Trump flunkies will vote for him because it's "their team", which is the major problem with American politics. But the Dem voters who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Clinton in 2016 may come out for Biden and that might be all it takes. Trump got in by a nose last time thanks to the EC. But Clinton had won the actual vote. But she was such an obnoxious presidential choice for the Dems, it was too much for a lot of dyed in the wool Democratic voters. Plus there was also a lot of smug belief that Trump couldn't possibly win, so therefore they just stayed home.

As to "strange milk" and "urine", everyone knows what Trump's piss looks like by now, because there's been 4 years of it seeping into everywhere and it's ranged from unfunny joke to harmful. Biden is pretty much an unknown quantity at the moment, so his "strange milk" might not be as toxic as Trump's waste water.

That doesn't mean that Biden is the best that the Democrats can offer, however. Frankly, I find him a bizarre choice to say the least. But, yet again, the DNC scuppered Sanders and decided to go with the "conservative" option. To be honest, Joe Biden would look right at home running for the Republicans.

But as I said previously, there's feck all real difference between the two parties in actuality. Both are variations of conservatism, despite Trump shills trying to make it out that the Democrats are the embodiment of some sort of club run by Che Guevara.

What's truly telling, though, is the fact that since 2016 there's been Clinton/Biden in one corner and Trump in the other as the Presidential material on offer, which is an indication of just how lamentably low US politics has sunk.

So much bitterness and resentment. Where does it come from?

Is it Trump's fault?

There's been.' p**s and milk ' in US politics since forever. Its part of the adversarial system developed by the Brits.

The real problem is not politics - its people and the their loss of shared values.

Those people defining themselves by their hatred of Trump ( Trump Derangement Syndrome ) is evidence of that.
    What exactly do you mean by shared values? It's a very vague statement...

Is it Trump's fault?

^
    This is a perfect example of what's wrong with most Trump flunkies attempts at discussion.

Those people defining themselves by their hatred of Trump ( Trump Derangement Syndrome ) is evidence of that.

The British!! It's all the Brits fault.

Ok, fair enough, they did do their fair share of damage on the world stage even they had there turn. But I don't think you can put the blame for the current state of American political, consdering it was almost 250 years ago since they left.

That's a new level.

• Advertisement

Is it Trump's fault?

We get it. You love trump. You can't see any wrong with him. That's ok, it's your view and your right to hold it is respected.

Is it possible for you to also respect that others might not like him. Doesn't mean they hate him (although they might).

You don't need to try and belittle everyone that doesn't share the view. It's getting boring now and it keeps taking the thread all over the place. If you disagree with something, fine, but attacking those that do (even if not seriously enough to break the rules of the forum) lowers the quality of conversation in general. How can you even pretend to want unity or peace when you won't even listen to others?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement