Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gervais08 wrote: »
    How is shoving a tampon up your a**e meant make someone a woman ???

Certainly an emasculating experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    All your doing is reposting hate speech.

There is nothing " woke " about that.

It is not even funny, which is what makes it worse to be honest.

Please cite the "hate speech".

If it's not woke to play along with adult trans identifying males and support them in their assertions that they can have a period and to use tampons for it, get PMS, can chest feed a baby and can go through the menopause then I'm not sure what woke is.

I am not making up any of this to hate on anyone - they are well documented facts by radical trans people. For sure many other trans people do not support this and know the harm it is doing them unfortunately though the radical trans and their allies have taken over and are causing great harm by trying to normalise this and targeting anyone who does not support them as transphobic bullies and of course TERFs.

I think the majority of people are fair minded and just want to get on with life and wish the same for others but there comes a point when you cannot pretend that this is OK, not when the knock on consequences for women and girls are so important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Gervais08 wrote: »
    How is shoving a tampon up your a**e meant make someone a woman ???

There are numerous persons online ridiculing transsexuals and the processes they go through to establish their identity. This is a patent example of it. In a world of 8 billion people you are going to find an example of a deluded or possibly mentally ill transsexual doing some pretty silly stuff. This is certainly not the norm, nor to be frank is it an example of any trite "wokism". It is a piss take.

Similarly I don't get the sniggering at the statement from Tampax. It is obvious that there are biological women who have transitioned to male who have to go through the ordeal of having periods. I don't get how anyone can find that in the least bit funny?

The general tone of this thread has been quoting genuine " wokeness " that is published in newspapers or other online mediums. Some really good bullshít gets its' deserved snigger treatment. But reposting hate speech drivel posted by **** online is not my idea of fun.

Taking the piss out of transsexuals is akin to mocking any walk of life, straight, gay or whatever. There is a difference between mocking " wokisms " and using a thread or forum to channel hate speech. I hope you are managing to differentiate that? People who undergo a sex transition deserve a lot more respect from everyone, they certainly do not deserve to be sniggered at by people who don't have an iota what transsexualism is all about, or pertains to be. It is the epitome of ignorance.

Just saying.

ingalway wrote: »
    Please cite the "hate speech".

If it's not woke to play along with adult trans identifying males and support them in their assertions that they can have a period and to use tampons for it, get PMS, can chest feed a baby and can go through the menopause then I'm not sure what woke is.

I am not making up any of this to hate on anyone - they are well documented facts by radical trans people. For sure many other trans people do not support this and know the harm it is doing them unfortunately though the radical trans and their allies have taken over and are causing great harm by trying to normalise this and targeting anyone who does not support them as transphobic bullies and of course TERFs.

I think the majority of people are fair minded and just want to get on with life and wish the same for others but there comes a point when you cannot pretend that this is OK, not when the knock on consequences for women and girls are so important.

This thread is not and should not be a facility for you to get your shíts and giggles in about people going through sexual transitioning. There is nothing "woke " about that.

You may not have the mental tenacity to appreciate that people are born with differing viewpoints and lifestyles than your own. But what irks me most is that you find it wholly acceptable to spend your time online casting casual aspersions at people you don't have the mental capacity to understand?

Just because you find transsexualism abhorrent, or it goes against your opine, does not afford you the right to assume that perverse examples of it are humorous? That says an awful lot about you as a person insofar as you actually think that extreme examples of transsexual behaviours are actually worthy of being associated with something that you find funny? Really?

There are numerous persons online ridiculing transsexuals and the processes they go through to establish their identity. This is a patent example of it. In a world of 8 billion people you are going to find an example of a deluded or possibly mentally ill transsexual doing some pretty silly stuff. This is certainly not the norm, nor to be frank is it an example of any trite "wokism". It is a piss take.

Similarly I don't get the sniggering at the statement from Tampax. It is obvious that there are biological women who have transitioned to male who have to go through the ordeal of having periods. I don't get how anyone can find that in the least bit funny?

The general tone of this thread has been quoting genuine " wokeness " that is published in newspapers or other online mediums. Some really good bullshít gets its' deserved snigger treatment. But reposting hate speech drivel posted by **** online is not my idea of fun.

Taking the piss out of transsexuals is akin to mocking any walk of life, straight, gay or whatever. There is a difference between mocking " wokisms " and using a thread or forum to channel hate speech. I hope you are managing to differentiate that? People who undergo a sex transition deserve a lot more respect from everyone, they certainly do not deserve to be sniggered at by people who don't have an iota what transsexualism is all about, or pertains to be. It is the epitome of ignorance.

Just saying.

Just saying:

This is not a one off - there are many who believe this, Twitter is full of them and if you are a true trans ally then you must believe that trans women are women therefore how can you deny them these things? Trans men though, it's kind of OK to say of course they have periods, need cervical smears, go through the menopause - they are definitely men because they say they are but you know...

I think it's either very naive or disingenuous of you to state, "People who undergo a sex transition deserve a lot more respect from everyone". This is where many problems stem from. Self-ID means that no one needs do anything other than sign a form to say they have magically changed from MTF or FTM. Most just re-enforce stereotypes about the clothes they should now wear e.g. men in dresses and makeup. I have no issue with any man who wants to wear a dress and makeup but that does not make them a woman and signing a form does not make it so. Very few actually make any meaningful attempts to transform such as therapy, hormones, surgery. Those that have genuine dysphoria travel a very hard road and want and need these interventions and should get them 100%.

• Advertisement

ingalway wrote: »
    Just saying:

This is not a one off - there are many who believe this, Twitter is full of them and if you are a true trans ally then you must believe that trans women are women therefore how can you deny them these things? Trans men though, it's kind of OK to say of course they have periods, need cervical smears, go through the menopause - they are definitely men because they say they are but you know...

I think it's either very naive or disingenuous of you to state, "People who undergo a sex transition deserve a lot more respect from everyone". This is where many problems stem from. Self-ID means that no one needs do anything other than sign a form to say they have magically changed from MTF or FTM. Most just re-enforce stereotypes about the clothes they should now wear e.g. men in dresses and makeup. I have no issue with any man who wants to wear a dress and makeup but that does not make them a woman and signing a form does not make it so. Very few actually make any meaningful attempts to transform such as therapy, hormones, surgery. Those that have genuine dysphoria travel a very hard road and want and need these interventions and should get them 100%.

The thread is about wokisms. It should not be an opportunity for you to channel your anger at something that you simply don't comprehend.

If you do manage to drag anything out of your mind that might appear to be ironic or funny when colloquialized with political correctness gone over the top please let us all know, I love a laugh myself. But as I said earlier reposting vile hate speech is not something I classify or respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Lot of talk about equality between men and women in soccer at the minute with the FAI been asked to look at paying players on both teams the same amounts . Seems to be getting traction in many media outlets .
    Maybe it’s time we looked at combining the teams and all soccer internationals would be mixed teams with 5 or 6 of each gender playing on the national team . This would bring true equality for both genders and also ensure players would be paid equally . Obviously FIFA and UEFA would have to bring on the changes for international competitions but FAI could be at the forefront of true equality based soccer teams of the future featuring males and females . Ireland has led the way in LGBT marriage and recent abortion rights so we should continue to be the country at the forefront of the equality agenda .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Cordell

Cool, maybe that's how I'll be convinced to watch soccer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Lot of talk about equality between men and women in soccer at the minute with the FAI been asked to look at paying players on both teams the same amounts . Seems to be getting traction in many media outlets .
    Maybe it’s time we looked at combining the teams and all soccer internationals would be mixed teams with 5 or 6 of each gender playing on the national team . This would bring true equality for both genders and also ensure players would be paid equally . Obviously FIFA and UEFA would have to bring on the changes for international competitions but FAI could be at the forefront of true equality based soccer teams of the future featuring males and females . Ireland has led the way in LGBT marriage and recent abortion rights so we should continue to be the country at the forefront of the equality agenda .

Easily the best post about mixed-gender football on this page, so far.

Throw in a couple of under 12’s and an over 60 as well to cover as many bases as possible. Maybe 1 cat per team as well.

• Advertisement

Throw in a couple of under 12’s and an over 60 as well to cover as many bases as possible. Maybe 1 cat per team as well.

There was only ever one footballing cat, and that was the late-great Peter Bonetti, who sadly died in April this year.

COVID wrote: »
    There was only ever one footballing cat, and that was the late-great Peter Bonetti, who sadly died in April this year.

Les Sealey was the cat too. Though he’s also dead.

No, he was the dog's bollocks, what a keeper!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I was a match a couple of years ago and a cat ran of the pitch - most entertaining moment in the game tbh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

At the Ireland Italy game today, instead of Man Of The Match it's now Player Of The Match so as not to cause offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Seville and Kilnaleck, what a mix.

She sounded fine to me.

Yeah, sounds fine.

It was more the fact that the piece was introduced as being about a cavan woman, and there was no mention of where she was from at all, on the news at least... ( I'm not sure if it fits in with 'woke' exactly, but I didn't want to post it in a perhaps more appropriate thread....)

At the Ireland Italy game today, instead of Man Of The Match it's now Player Of The Match so as not to cause offence.

In both games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

In both games?

Only for the earlier game played by male ba$tards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Only for the earlier game played by male ba$tards

I doubt they were all born out of wedlock. A few maybe, but not all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Ah that is a bit walking on egg shells stuff. Grand if it's tennis mixed doubles but not if it's 30 players ( as per rugby)of the same gender competing. OTT.

• Advertisement

auspicious wrote: »
    Ah that is a bit walking on egg shells stuff. Grand if it's tennis mixed doubles but not if it's 30 players ( as per rugby)of the same gender competing. OTT.

Not really.
    In American male sports - hardly a bastion of gender equality 'woke-ism' - they use the abbreviation MVP to denote the best performer in any particular game.
    MVP stands for Most Valuable Player, they could just as easily have used MVM (Most Valuable Man), but they don't, so no egg shell stuff 'right there', as our American friends might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No, he was the dog's bollocks, what a keeper!

Not as good as Billy The Fish, who played in many positions for Fulchester United.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not really.
    In American male sports - hardly a bastion of gender equality 'woke-ism' - they use the abbreviation MVP to denote the best performer in any particular game.
    MVP stands for Most Valuable Player, they could just as easily have used MVM (Most Valuable Man), but they don't, so no egg shell stuff 'right there', as our American friends might say.

Can’t decide if you’re trolling or not.

Not as good as Billy The Fish, who played in many positions for Fulchester United.

Or the indispensable Clarence "Tubby" Morton, who was the Melchester Rovers man, 'between the sticks', for an incredible 25 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

'Wokie-ism' surely implies logic.

Give us a synopsis there?

At long last; full inclusion for human milk feeding families. It's so long overdue.
    https://twitter.com/LaLecheLeagueUS/status/1320451800147861510?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Latest Tampax tweet celebrating "people who bleed" because "not all people who bleed are women" has sparked outrage apparently.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/style/tampax-tweet-celebrating-people-who-bleed-sparks-new-row/ar-BB1aopxf?li=AAGapKc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Lev Yashin. The Black Panther.

• Advertisement

Al Stewart?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement