Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I understand the sentiment but its a false equivalence. One is a race and the other is a religion. People choose to be religious but people cant choose their race. I think it's a perfectly acceptable poster. Just like if I want to start a Bhudist Club for men, I shouldn't be able to say "Bhudist Men Only." Ok... I wouldn't word it like that with the "only" part. There are other ways to market smartly to attract the crowd you want without being so crude but thats another topic.

I agree. Especially for muslim women who have issues around dress for exercise. They may feel more comfortable with women dressed the same way as they have to cover up.

And you can have white muslims so it's not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

549265.jpg

What happens when the middle aged white Male turns up and says he identifies as a female and a Muslim.

If they say no entry will the "left" call out the Muslim trainer or islam in general for their non inclusiveness?
    I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭KevRossi

https://twitter.com/Bernieadufe/status/1378509962440290306

Seems Breast Cancer Ireland are white supremacists. Well I won't be buying any daffodils off of them, that's for sure.

EyHgufqWEAAaDbp?format=jpg&name=large

They're going to need a bigger photo....

549302.PNG

bc.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

KevRossi wrote: »
    They're going to need a bigger photo....

549302.PNG

bc.PNG

https://twitter.com/MarkCork50/status/1378666946359652355

The madness of Twitter. Many replies, yet not one telling them to cop on.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Jesus. She's not just complaining about the lack of diversity, she's also calling them white supremacists :pac:

https://twitter.com/Bernieadufe/status/1378636219622522881

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Along those lines of thinking, white Irish people are under represented in the government leaflets that we receive in the post, also if you stand in line in Dunnes stores and look around at the advertising posters you'd think that 75% of children in Ireland were black. Not something that bothers me personally, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Jesus Christ. They are a cancer charity, I doubt it's white supremacists.

Jesus Christ. They are a cancer charity, I doubt it's white supremacists.
    They're not, it's just that some people with an agenda want to enforce their opinions on all others by shaming them for being white.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Only person mentioning colour or making it an issue is the one purporting an “anti racism” stance. The irony is staggering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

And this is how insecure angry pricks will bury any good thing.
    Also, fyi, men (the real biological males) can also get breast cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TomTomTim wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MarkCork50/status/1378666946359652355

The madness of Twitter. Many replies, yet not one telling them to cop on.

Ah I think most are taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That woman taking issue with the ad describes herself as Human Rights Activist Motivational /Public Speaker on her twitter description.
    I think a more apt description would be a race baiter.
    Trying to create division and outrage where none is intended.

Here is another one of her posts.
    Swimming is racist now it seems.

https://twitter.com/Bernieadufe/status/1378695597805428740

Only 2% of regular swimmers in England are black the headline proclaims.
    Yes and about 3% of the population is black, so go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That woman taking issue with the ad describes herself as Human Rights Activist Motivational /Public Speaker on her twitter description.

Well if she doesn't highlight it how does she get employed.

It's just shilling/advertising

Or she too is taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

She doesn't! ... no more to say, as in fairness I don't want to get into a whole thread on one person. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://mobile.twitter.com/TinaMurnotbot

Nice company to keep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's a real pity that the charity will have to tip toe around a response and will more than likely kowtow to this wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I dont get it, are black people prevented from going swimming? Is there something stopping them using the public facilities? Is there a sign that says whites only at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It's a real pity that the charity will have to tip toe around a response and will more than likely kowtow to this wagon.

The smartest thing they can do is to delete and block.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This thread just proves that empty vessels make the most noise. It seems some people go out of their way to find offence where it's clear none is intended.

It's a breast cancer campaign, not the United Colours of Benetton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I dont get it, are black people prevented from going swimming? Is there something stopping them using the public facilities? Is there a sign that says whites only at the door?

Indeed, if black people don't want to go cycling, hiking, that is their decision.

We all have our own preferences.

These woke/PC people seem to suggest it's the fault of cycling / swimming / hiking.

Black people are completely free to walk into a shop, buy a bike, and cycle it.

If they don't do that as much as whites, grand, so be it.

They are not oppressed, it's not the "system's fault", some people choose to do some things, and not other things.

2% of the regular swimmers in the UK are black.
    3% of the population is black so the participation levels look fine to any rational thinking person.

However according to Danielle Obe, founding member of the Black Swimming Association, a charity which launched last year to tackle the lack of diversity in swimming the cultural barriers to swimming – from Afro hair to dry skin, to worrying about the myth that black people have heavier bones – are born of institutional and systemic inequalities that you see right across the aquatic industry.

Our community perceives swimming as a white man’s sport. Why? Because that’s what they see!” Obe says, arguing that it’s the same messaging you see whether it’s the Swimming Teachers’ Association or The Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

She points to swim caps as a case in point – they were designed by Speedo 50 years ago for Caucasian hair, “but they don’t work for us because our hair grows up and defies gravity”.

Tin foil hat stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Might start one up about how the NBA is 74.2% black players. Considering 77% of 'Merica is white (incl. white hispanics and latinos).

Then again, I'm also of the opinion that in general, black people are better at basketball.

This thread just proves that empty vessels make the most noise. It seems some people go out of their way to find offence where it's clear none is intended.

It's a breast cancer campaign, not the United Colours of Benetton.

Exactly, for all we know the people in the ad could be volunteers or people involved with the charity.

She points to swim caps as a case in point – they were designed by Speedo 50 years ago for Caucasian hair, “but they don’t work for us because our hair grows up and defies gravity”.

Michelle Smith would like a word, if she can get this mane into a cap, then anyone can.

NINTCHDBPICT000001089505-e1586905592183.jpg

And FWIW this is the current 100m Olympic Freestyle Champion.

otrqdt3wtf4juazxy4u6

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

In Afro American comedy it’s a well used gag that they don’t swim much :) it’s probably white people getting offended on their behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

KevRossi wrote: »
    And FWIW this is the current 100m Olympic Freestyle Champion.

Well that really does have to go into a cap you know what happens if it meets water right? Like popcorn meets heat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Evil white men at it again, even when there are no barriers to entry

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1378730828822351872

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So she's giving out that not enough [insert whichever group is involved] are on Wikipedia. A site that basically requires people to make the pages for it. I'm sure she'll be shocked if she finds out that white people may be updating pages on [insert whichever group is involved].

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    Evil white men at it again, even when there are no barriers to entry

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1378730828822351872

Odd that, as Wikipedia is fairly left leaning in its reporting.
    Its pretty woke.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wikipedia-co-founder-larry-sanger-says-online-dictionary-scrapped-neutrality-favors-lefty-politics
    Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger penned a blog post last week declaring that the site is “badly biased,” “no longer has an effective neutrality policy” and clearly favors lefty politics.

Sanger – who is no longer with involved with Wikipedia – wrote that it has long forgotten its original policy of aiming to present information from a neutral point of view, and nowadays the crowd-sourced online encyclopedia “can be counted on” to cover politics with a liberal point of view.

“There is a rewritten policy, but it endorses the utterly bankrupt canard of journalistic ‘false balance,’ which is directly contradictory to the original neutrality policy. As a result, even as journalists turn to opinion and activism, Wikipedia now touts controversial points of view on politics, religion, and science,” Sanger wrote. “Examples have become embarrassingly easy to find.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement