Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭anewme

AllForIt wrote: »
    It is true the odd one is not valid or fake. That pic was actually Mario Rosenstock doing his impersonation of Joan Burton.

No, it was a bad minded see you next Tuesday making up something sinister about 2 people just talking in a corridor.

That pic was nasty and shows the lengths people will go to to trash people they dont know for living their own life their own way and not hurting anyone else.

I believe they had an issue with the size of someones skull. Bit rich calling other people woke and at the same whinging that people have different sizes heads?

Bigotry, as the other poster said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Moncrieff had some woman on the radio today talking about growing children in fake wombs. Throughout the "discussion " it was mentioned that some women didn't want to go through pregnancy as it interrupted their lives so instead could grow a baby and collect from I presume some sort of click and collect it when its ripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

silverharp wrote: »

These are individuals that can be replaced. Teachers should concentrate on teaching instead of overstepping boundaries, creating fake online profiles and joining these groups to collect and communicate information, being good little commies.

Moncrieff had some woman on the radio today talking about growing children in fake wombs. Throughout the "discussion " it was mentioned that some women didn't want to go through pregnancy as it interrupted their lives so instead could grow a baby and collect from I presume some sort of click and collect it when its ripe.
    Who in their right mind would want to push a baby the size of a small turkey out of a small hole in their body, if they could just click and collect it?
    This one doesnt seem woke to me, it seems sane.

Who in their right mind would want to push a baby the size of a small turkey out of a small hole in their body, if they could just click and collect it?

Could possibly pick up baby supplies clothes etc from the same store.
    Walmart or similar might get involved. A one stop shop

• Advertisement

I agree with that. Technology not woke. Could help women who can’t give birth. Most women would still want to go through pregnancy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The technology was developed to save premature babies. Not just so women might have an easier life.

So I am going for not woke on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

anewme wrote: »
    But that's exactly what you are doing. Getting upset over nothing.

Changing man of the match to player of the match (agree with other poster person of the match sounds strange) would not bother 99 percent of the population. Thats the way the world has gone, so what.? Why do you even care about something so trivial?
    Who was bothered by "man of the match"? Why did those who change it care? If those seeking the changes were not "getting upset over nothing" why change the language? What exactly was wrong with "Man of the match" when the match was played by men?

Anyways, just ICYMI, a school in Australia made all the boys in their school apologise to the girls because some people who share their gender do some bad things.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/outrage-after-school-assembly-makes-all-boys-apologise-to-girls-064920274.html

This sounds a bit like the "Struggle sessions" they had in Maoist China. My favourite part of the article was where one of the parts said:
    "He now has this misconception that all boys are now looked at as predators."
    Yeah ... a "misconception" ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There have been multiple warnings to keep this thread suitable for AH by being lighter in tone, the last few pages have been anything but. Closed for review

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: Ok let's try this again

kildare lad receives a one week forum ban for breaching their threadban on multiple occasions.

Anewme, you are now threadbanned, don't post in this thread again.

A reminder to all other posters, please read the OP before posting and keep this thread light-hearted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

KKK or a teacher?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-high-school-teacher-berating-student-not-acknowledging-race-during-lecture
    Video footage posted online shows a Virginia high school teacher appearing to berate a student for not acknowledging the race of two girls seen in a presentation slide.

The video, taken from a lecture at a Loudoun County Public School in Ashburn and posted on YouTube, shows a slide with two girls – one, a redheaded white girl, the other, a Black girl – standing back-to-back with the caption, "What is race?"

The teacher asks students what they see in the picture. An unidentified student says he sees "just two people chillin’."

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭KevRossi

^ Who was the teacher to assume their gender?

Iv opened a help desk thread to Move Woke-ism of the day from After hours to CA so that CA thread will allow discussion about a variety of "wokisms" that affect everyday life.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116712170

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Iv opened a help desk thread to Move Woke-ism of the day from After hours to CA so that CA thread will allow discussion about a variety of "wokisms" that affect everyday life.

Some men people just want to watch the world burn...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Come on who chills facing back to back d'uh, posers more like! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Exu-NJgp-Wg-AIW-Rw.jpg

biko wrote: »
    Exu-NJgp-Wg-AIW-Rw.jpg

One of the first to perish during the upcoming climate armageddon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Enforced cross dressing in Swiss Army finally comes to an end.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56581129
    Switzerland is to allow female members of the army to wear women's underwear for the first time in an effort to boost recruitment, local media report.

Under the current system, the standard uniform issued to military recruits includes only men's underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Its funny for all the complaining and laughing at woke nonsense, there is obviously still no shortage of bureaucracy/red-tape nonsense.

• Advertisement

Only one solution for that:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Leave it alone and let the rest of us have a laugh. Go start your own serious woke/anti-woke thread in CA.

TomTomTim wrote: »
    White people should ‘keep quiet’ during debates on racism, says Paris deputy mayor

It's very clear that these types what a license to slander natives with no push back. These discussions will almost always entail blaming the native European, so if you're a native in attendance, you must shut up and never question a thing. Her language is also very telling, she uses many Americanized terms, which is very odd for a French citizen.

I wish some of them ****ing would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

TomTomTim wrote: »

A lot of this is just reminds me of teenagers saying they hate their parents, the arguments are so stupid. They'll tucker themselves out soon

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Leave it alone and let the rest of us have a laugh. Go start your own serious woke/anti-woke thread in CA.

It wasn't my intention to upset you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Jedward spoke up for trans rights and this tweet happened

https://twitter.com/MockWooloo/status/1377363798982500353

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

biko wrote: »
    Exu-NJgp-Wg-AIW-Rw.jpg

Is climate change a woke conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

It wasn't my intention to upset you.

I forgive you/it/thing/zu. Hope I didn't cause a trigger event by asking for humour and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,564 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Is climate change a woke conspiracy?

No, but believing society will collapse from climate change in 20 years is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

No, but believing society will collapse from climate change in 20 years is.

Rich countries won't.

Poorer countries, located in the places worst affected? That's another story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement