Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Our favourite MD, Dr. Turk Turkelton* (Donald Faison) is set to play the voice of Professor Utonium in the upcoming Powerpuff Girls live action film. Now, not gonna take away from the man, I enjoy his acting and I believe he would do a very good job. But I saw this on Facebook, and of course I had to have a quick sconce at the comments. Sure enough, there was one person who pointed out that Professor Utonium is white and if it was the other way around there would be uproar. And of course there was a reply to that it's not a problem and to think otherwise is racism, and that it was more or less ok because most actors are white. This went back and forth with plenty of people on both sides. Was an interesting few minutes.

Again, I'm sure he'll do a good job, but apparently you're not allowed to point out recast white characters. You're possibly racist if you do.

*Not real name

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In that case, nothing should ever be named after anybody, because somebody will be offended somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Here at "School 47" we value our young entities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Is climate change a woke conspiracy?
    Perhaps not. But it's reassuring to know that you can do your part by putting up solar panels so you can charge your car for free overnight ... because that's when the sun is at its strongest.

Or at least that's what the wokies in the Australian Labor (Labour?) party would have you believe.
    https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6245678735001

I feel really safe with the climate in the hands of people like this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,099 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

SeanW wrote: »
    Perhaps not. But it's reassuring to know that you can do your part by putting up solar panels so you can charge your car for free overnight ... because that's when the sun is at its strongest.

Or at least that's what the wokies in the Australian Labor (Labour?) party would have you believe.
    https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6245678735001

I feel really safe with the climate in the hands of people like this :rolleyes:

Well, a quick google tells me that sky are wrong on that one (totally doable, but expensive).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

Rich countries won't.

Poorer countries, located in the places worst affected? That's another story.

Yes, and also we need to keep those countries poor, otherwise they will start to use more resources and energy and this will accelerate climate change.
    But the gretas of the world don't like to say this :)

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Here at "School 47" we value our young entities.
    Sounds very CCCP (USSR) to me.

Cordell wrote: »
    Yes, and also we need to keep those countries poor, otherwise they will start to use more resources and energy and this will accelerate climate change.
    Many countries & regions are depleting resources so fast that they will literally run dry in the near future, ancient aquifers under the deserts in the Middle East USA and others are being drained many thousands of times faster than the natural rainfall can replenish them.
    They will blame climate change rather than their mismanagement when they start to die of thirst!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

Same for fossil fuel and even nuclear fuel, our usage is not sustainable, there's no new oil and uranium forming under there to replenish what we use. So, should we stop using them, meaning we condemn the underdeveloped countries to stay that way, or we roll this can down the road and let the next generations deal with it? A lot of rich developed countries can now claim they are going green, but they aren't really, they still use a lot of stuff manufactured overseas, so they just outsourced the problem.

And to keep this lighthearted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Cordell wrote: »

Very true. It's actually a zero sum game. If poor countries become richer, it will make things worse for the countries that are already rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Eugene is apparently a Stanford educated doctor!

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1377403345430671363

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Imo a CEO of a publicly-traded company should not be making political statements while using the company brand. The irony being Delta requires ID in order for their customers to board their flights but yet opposes Georgia's voter ID laws and brands them as unacceptable etc

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1377695449914675202

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Moncrieff had some woman on the radio today talking about growing children in fake wombs. Throughout the "discussion " it was mentioned that some women didn't want to go through pregnancy as it interrupted their lives so instead could grow a baby and collect from I presume some sort of click and collect it when its ripe.

Ridley Scott approves:D

Rothko wrote: »
    Openly admitting that they're going to discriminate based on race. I swear there's a word for that.

A practice our very own Leo V. wants to introduce to our public sector and elections

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ridley Scott approves:D

Must rewatch Alien Covenant one of these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Moncrieff has turned out to be one of the most grovelling, simp-iest male feminists in the media. He would give Fintan O'Toole a run for his money.

He's just short of cutting off his nads, throwing himself at the altar of wimmin and begging forgiveness for being born.

Hope it was his editor telling him to go woke or go home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moncrieff has always had that going on. Ray D'Arcy is another in that mould. A part of me feels, or likes to feel that Moncrieff is doing it for listeners, but D'Arcy is a true believer. Well his wife tells him he is. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,561 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

https://twitter.com/RTEOne/status/1378107052279627776

Too many men at the podium she says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Eugene is apparently a Stanford educated doctor!

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1377403345430671363

Many moons ago we had a Playstation 1 in the house, and one Christmas our parents got us Crash Bandicoot 2 and Rayman 2. My 5 year old brother insisted that he owned the Rayman game because his name begins with R, like Rayman. I said "Ok, but that means Crash Bandicoot is mine, since my name starts with C". My brother said no, and that he owned Crash Bandicoot as well because the second letter in 'Crash' was R...

This "No matter what race does anything, it's always the fault of white people" is pretty much the same level of (non-) logic that my 5 year old brother came up with.

Im a man and a husband and I'm offended and angered by her comments regarding homeschooling, our two children have been mostly homeschooled by me. (Only joking, I'm not offended at all lol)

Boards assuming I want the pride flag as my avatar.
    Well. you have chosen to use it, no one made you choose that particular one out of the several hundred options available.

Mod

A reminder for the benefit of new posters. This is a lighthearted thread. New posters should read the mod note in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I was assigned this colour at registration

• Registered Users Posts: 33,099 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My avatar was chosen by me and does not represent me.

(I never eat at McDonald's)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

549265.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some guy from nuig cancelled last night . Feeney. Tis all over Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

549265.jpg

I understand the sentiment but its a false equivalence. One is a race and the other is a religion. People choose to be religious but people cant choose their race. I think it's a perfectly acceptable poster. Just like if I want to start a Bhudist Club for men, I shouldn't be able to say "Bhudist Men Only." Ok... I wouldn't word it like that with the "only" part. There are other ways to market smartly to attract the crowd you want without being so crude but thats another topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement