Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Caught a bit of Joe (wash your hands) Duffy today about cervical smear testing for “People with a cervix”. WOKE in the extreme.

Naturally we will have to have "people with prostates".

Bloody HSE getting their priorities right as per usual.

Naturally we will have to have "people with prostates".

Bloody HSE getting their priorities right as per usual.

Nope. They are still classed as “Men”!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

when will wokism end? Most people are fed up wit it & see through it , Its worse than Covid. Liberal lefty ****e is over done and everyone sees this. Move on animals lives matter more than any other lives so smoke that !

Jonathon Haidt was saying a year or two ago it will start to fall apart in the next couple of years when the next generation coming up through schools associate it with their bosses, parents and corporate speak. They will start to ridicule it and see right through it.

It definitely won’t age well. It will be like when the hippies were killed off in the mid to late 70s when their children realised their idealistic parents and cultural icons were just superficial hypocrites, soon spawning the visceral anger of the punk generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

when will wokism end? Most people are fed up wit it & see through it , Its worse than Covid. Liberal lefty ****e is over done and everyone sees this. Move on animals lives matter more than any other lives so smoke that !
    The biggest problems are the media and stupid politicians.
    The media are giving these morons oxygen every chance they get and stupid politicians go out of their way to pander to them so they can look as right-on and 'down with the kids' as possible (probably trying to pick up some extra votes too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

The biggest problems are the media and stupid politicians.
    The media are giving these morons oxygen every chance they get and stupid politicians go out of their way to pander to them so they can look as right-on and 'down with the kids' as possible (probably trying to pick up some extra votes too).

In a way it’s got an upside. It has been festering under the radar in elite universities for decades and it’s only now being scrutinised in the wider public. The problem is there is little downside for politicians and corporations flirting with the woke cult. The voters and consumers who are ‘woke’ respond well and people with more sense don’t really factor it in to their decisions too aggressively yet. That tide should start to turn, the mythical ‘get woke, go broke’ factor is starting to become a reality as people tire of the constant barrage of bullshlt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

when will wokism end?!

Probably when they fall asleep.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Jonathon Haidt was saying a year or two ago it will start to fall apart in the next couple of years when the next generation coming up through schools associate it with their bosses, parents and corporate speak. They will start to ridicule it and see right through it.

Except that it's firmly established in US academia, and mainstream second level schools. It also has a solid foundation with the wave of SJWs who graduated from college, and entered psychology. This isn't going to be ended after one, or two generations. It's too firmly entrenched within US society from the student bodies, through to university administrations. The authorities have given in so often, that there's little chance of any resistance growing for some time yet. Oh sure, some comedians are turning against it, and we are starting to see a rise in anti-wokeness online, but there's a big difference between that, and facing a group of woke SJWs shouting you down.
    It definitely won’t age well. It will be like when the hippies were killed off in the mid to late 70s when their children realised their idealistic parents and cultural icons were just superficial hypocrites, soon spawning the visceral anger of the punk generation.

Not really. The woke movement is very much attached to feminism, and racial issues in the US, along with the PC culture that still exists throughout most areas of US society. While I agree, that it won't age well, and will come under ever increasing attacks by more sensible people... it still has a lot of people behind it. People love to show their virtue. To be crusaders against their perceived injustices. Social media will fuel that movement for a long time to come, and frankly, so too will the media. It makes good drama, and people love drama. (although a crippling recession could end it all rather quickly... as people turn to being practical, and applying common sense again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Good spot.
    Haidt's on the button with his previous works too.
    The societal damage in it's wake will be huge though.

Nope. They are still classed as “Men”!

For now.

Move on animals lives matter more than any other lives so smoke that !

I was a bit dismayed when I saw comments on an article about a cattle boat sinking with just one crew member found alive on a life raft. More people were upset and in mourning about the bloody cattle than the crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I hope so, because non compliance to the woke brigade at the moment is resulting in stalking, sackings and death threats.

Very interesting interview with Douglas Murray about the Reading stabbings and how the media tried to play it down...

The Woke-brigade have said that Murray isn't gay anymore because he has been shining a light on how ridiculous they are.

They say he is now gay 'in name only' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

That snooker should be banned due to the imagery of the white ball supremacist going around the table killing off the other balls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

myshirt wrote: »
    That snooker should be banned due to the imagery of the white ball supremacist going around the table killing off the other balls.
    And ya Notice that they are always after the Black Ball and chasing it down Holes and ya get more points for getting the Black Ball in the Ball Bag ! !:eek:

Very interesting interview with Douglas Murray about the Reading stabbings and how the media tried to play it down...

The Woke-brigade have said that Murray isn't gay anymore because he has been shining a light on how ridiculous they are.

They say he is now gay 'in name only' :rolleyes:
    Douglas Murray ~ ~ Perhaps the One True Voice of Sanity in the world today ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

blinding wrote: »
    Douglas Murray ~ ~ Perhaps the One True Voice of Sanity in the world today ! !

Arrah, I don’t know. He’s interesting and makes some good points but he does have his own blind spots and hobby horses. He’s quite the media whore also.

But I do appreciate that he doesn’t make his being gay front and centre. He rarely mentions it and doesn’t use it to make points.

Arrah, I don’t know. He’s interesting and makes some good points but he does have his own blind spots and hobby horses. He’s quite the media whore also.

But I do appreciate that he doesn’t make his being gay front and centre. He rarely mentions it and doesn’t use it to make points.
    He is an interesting fella ~ ~ Nobody has to be right on everything not even in 2020 :eek::D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Caught a bit of Joe (wash your hands) Duffy today about cervical smear testing for “People with a cervix”. WOKE in the extreme.

I caught that yesterday too. Box office stuff. Some interesting WOKE versus WOKE too at one stage.

A) HSE wokist stupid inclusivity thing taken too far, calling women 'people with a cervix'

V

B) another wokist concerned about immigrants not being able to speak English well not presenting for screening etc. if they don't see plain language like 'women' (Hello! our system is failing Irish; its purpose isn't to treat blown-in chancers from around the world)

I wouldn't have much sympathy for people like Rowling who was happy enough to live by the woke twitter sword before. Ultimately they just eat their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Spotify staff are going on strike in NY because they think Joe Rogan is transphobic.

What utter BS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

evil_seed wrote: »
    Spotify staff are going on strike in NY because they think Joe Rogan is transphobic.

What utter BS!

Yep, seen something earlier about this.:D
    Ten, that's TEN internal 'standup' meetings by the LGBTQAI+/allies (and yes, that's the Spotify internal moniker, no consistency in arguments or bloody abbreviations) employees council or some such sh1t.

The day won't be far away when companies, even the tech giants who revel in this crap, will say to themselves would ya ever fook the fook away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

evil_seed wrote: »

What utter BS!

Oh my word. :D:D:D Joe Rogan has a lot of clout. This won't go well for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Oh my word. :D:D:D Joe Rogan has a lot of clout. This won't go well for them.

It'll be an own goal for them.
    Shower of losers if that's the straw they're clutching to.

Sure sign these SJW vvankers are going to self implode.

Can't wait for the emergence of subcultures from the liberal crowd.
    It'll be some circus, although I've aquainteaes who are SJWs and liberals they're not the worst I'll say that but no way would I talk politics or sociology with them.

FFS where will I get my organic vegetables and fruits from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

nthclare wrote: »
    It'll be an own goal for them.
    Shower of losers if that's the straw they're clutching to.

Sure sign these SJW vvankers are going to self implode.

Can't wait for the emergence of subcultures from the liberal crowd.
    It'll be some circus, although I've aquainteaes who are SJWs and liberals they're not the worst I'll say that but no way would I talk politics or sociology with them.

FFS where will I get my organic vegetables and fruits from...

Start keeping your faeces and use it to grow your own fruit and veg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Start keeping your faeces and use it to grow your own fruit and veg.

I've no farm animals at the moment, but thinking of getting a few donkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

nthclare wrote: »
    I've no farm animals at the moment, but thinking of getting a few donkeys.

I can post manure down to Clare. Do you use Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

People on this site use "woke" like children who discovered a swear word for the first time.

Achebe wrote: »
    People on this site use "woke" like children who discovered a swear word for the first time.
    Did you not say that before on another thread?
    Somebody did anyway, it's even less funny the second time round if you can imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Did you not say that before on another thread?
    Somebody did anyway, it's even less funny the second time round if you can imagine that.

I did, and somebody linked to this idiotic thread full of old farts loudly not understanding things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

'Woke' seems to have taken over from 'SJW' as the favourite term of absolute crushing bores. A few decades ago, these people would've been standing on railway platforms in the rain, writing down numbers of trains into a well-thumbed feint-ruled notebook, but the internet has given them lots of new and equally dull shit to obsess over. Hard not to read their posts in a John Major-esque nasal monotone.

• Advertisement

I did, and somebody linked to this idiotic thread full of old farts loudly not understanding things.
    Hmmm.
    How to respond to this witty and incisive comment...
    Oh I know..

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement